19 and TTC

benttigirl

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Lauren and I'm from Florida. My boyfriend and I are really wanting a child. My mother had me when she was 19 and I love the fact that we are so close. I would love to get pregnant this year, but I am very new to this TTC thing. I need help. I don't know when the best time is, or anything. I also need some encouragment. Even though my mother had me at the same age and tried for me as well, she keeps fighting with me on the fact that I should have a child. I haven't wanted anything more than this. I don't know how to talk to her about it. Please help.

I meant she has been fighting with me saying I SHOULDN'T have a child.

Lauren,
What part of FL are you from? I am down in the Fort Myers area. I am ttc my 3 baby which my parents don't agree I am 26 and married. I think your mom probably dont think its a good idea with the way the economy is and she probably struggled with you. Dont know your situation exactly but at 19 its going to be hard. I had my first baby at 21 and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't change it for the world. Take in mind what your mom says but at the end of the day it is you and your boyfriend that have to make that final decision. Do whats going to make you happy.

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

:hi: Welcome to BnB!....

I didnt bother talking to my family about it again, I did it anyway, I would have liked their approval, but i didnt NEED it.
Once i was pregnanct, they either liked it or lumped it.

Welcome! :) I started TTC with my husband when I was 19 and just didn't tell anyone. People were funny about it when we announced we were pregnant (MY family mostly...DH's family were happy...) but they got over it. What's most important is YOUR happiness! :)

We are pregnant again and AGAIN my family is being funny about it... They assume they know what's best and that I can't cope (it's hard for your parents to let go and realise you've grown up sometimes)...

Start off by tracking your cycles; do you know how long your cycle lasts? (Period is first day of cycle). I went by cervical mucus to figure roughly when I was ovulating (there is more and of egg white consistency when you ovulate).

Check out the TTC section if you haven't already! You'll start to pick up lots of info! :)

Good luck!

Hiya! I hope you work things out with your mamma

Welcome hun. I have no advice on TTC as I have never tried for a baby :) But I'm 19 with a baby so if you ever need to chat about someone who understands being judged, or questions on what it's like etc PM me :)

As for your mum she will come round :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->