19 and TTC

Love love love love loveeee this thread.

I'm 19 and TTC as well. This is our first month, well actually moving into our second month. David's 14 years older than me and I thought that was would tough to get through but 8 months later we're trying for our first.

Benttigirl, I know that some place are hard to talk about your age and your choice to TTC but this place is safe. You can say anything and trust these ladies to give you the best advice or comfort. I was a little worried that my age would have been a big problem but it's not. There are some wonderful women here.

:)

Sorry for the random question, but girlies who got married at like 19/20, did you find it hard? My parents think thats really young!

It is hard, I got married at 18. But, it really depends on the relationship and level of maturity. We knew when we stood up there in front of God and everybody, taking those vows, that it was a forever type of thing.
We are very happy. :flower:

We have a very mature relationship thankfully! He wants to get married soon awell as me :) I think it's because of everything we have been through, I suffer from depression and have had countless times of major problems, but he's helped me get through it and been there for me, and he has never done anything to hurt me so I do trust him unlike with previous guys!

I do agree aswell there are lovely women here! I was a little worried coming here all like "Hiii im 19 and im TTC" but it's not how many people think! We're stable and in a commited relationship and thankfully a lot of the women on this part of the forum are ever so lovely :D

Yeah you don't feel alienated like you maybe would if you were talking about ttc stuff with 'real life' friends. I know I wouldn't even dream of telling any of my friends we are ttc as I know exactly what i would hear from them. At the end of the day it's my choice and, when I do fall pregnant if they are critical and not ready to support me then they are obviously not very good friends.

Sorry for the random question, but girlies who got married at like 19/20, did you find it hard? My parents think thats really young!

No I didn't find it hard at all, we'd already lived together for 2 years by that point and it wasn't really any different. What WAS harder was when a year after we were married bought our own house and have a massive mortgage to pay rather than just renting.

We were going to TTC before be got married but then decided to wait purely to make it easier on surnames, and then once we'd waited to be married decided to wait for our own house and to get properly settled in (not just rented).

It was hard but I don't regret waiting, however it's what's right for you, as long as you are both ready - we didn't have a party lifestyle like some of our friends did and still do so it's not like we were sacrificing that and we'd already been travelling so that was out of our system too.

x

I definitely love the fact that all the ladies here are so supportive, age really doesn't matter. Its nice to talk to people more on my level of thinking than immature people my age who just like to go out partying etc. Its nice to know that there are other people my age that are also ttc and on my wave length :thumbup: all women ttc have the same goal at the end of the day age does not matter as long as the woman and their partner can support their child and it is not a rushed into decision in a short relationship and their is the intention of being committed to each other for life then i see no problem. Good luck ladies :flower:

xxxxx

i met my now husband when I was 16 and he was just about 20, well we are now married and I will be 20 on june 12.

well my husband and I never used protction so I guess from the time I was 16to about april of '09 we were not trying not preventing.
we started trying in april of '09 I graduated high school in may of '09 and turned 18 in june of '09 we got married july 11 2009.
so we have been trying for 2 years this last april. and I am 19. I am going to college. my husband and I really want a baby so bad I am actually depressed.
my mom wants me to get pregnant but my dad wants us to wait. I personally don't care either way. they did what they could to guide me in the right direction when they were raising me but now I am out on my own so what I do is up to me not them. it's what we want and we know we can handel it.

*** i know our parents mean well but it is our lives not theirs.

Noticed you're from SD...me too...where you from?

canton by sioux falls how about you?

not hard at all. i know that I could never love anyone like I love him so why wait? It would have happened eventually anyways so why not start our life together as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->