19 month old waking in night

gemgti

Reaction score
My daughter never slept through the night untill she was a year old she would wake have a bottle and go back down. Once she started sleeping through it was lovely however the last few months she has been waking in the night maybe 1-2 times a week and will be awake for at least 2 hours before she will fall back to sleep, but the has now woken up the last 4 nights in a row.

She wakes up crying and will only stop if we go down stairs she will then sit with me on the sofa and maybe watch a bit of baby tv before finally falling back to sleep 2 hours later. I dont know what is waking her? A couple of nights ive picked her up she has been wet from a leaking nappy so i thought perhaps it was the nappys making her wet so i changed nappies last night and she still woke. Any advice would be great

No advice but I'm having somethiNg similar with my 20month old. I'm wondering if it is sleep regression caused by learning to talk?? Once I put him to bed, even if he is tired , the past two weeks he rolls around his cot for up to 2hrs. Then he wakes at 3.30 and starts it all over again for an hour, two hours....or the other night he did it for 3hrs!!

I can't force him to sleep, but he isn't upset, so we just try (as best as we can) to ignore him as he rolls, thumps, laughs, squeals and occasionally talks, in the hope he will self settle. He is getting only between 7 & 9 hrs sleep at night at the moment which is no where near enough, but I've got no idea what I can do to stop the night rolling!

Would you consider trying the controlled crying method to get her to stay in bed? Even if she was awake, if she is happy to entertain herself or just lie there at least you could try to get some sleep?

Gabriel has never slept through. He's 20.5 months and wakes at 2:30 and 5:30 to eat every night and sometimes at 12:30 as well. He's always going and learning and growing, so he needs the milk. He has always gone right back to sleep after drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->