1st Beta Hcg 860 (is this good?) Doctor doesn't do 2nd Betas?! 1st u/s in 2 weeks!

future_twins

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!!!

This is my 1st pregnancy, so advice much needed!! I went in for my first Beta last Monday (May 2nd) which was 860.

I did IVF transfer (2 embies)and they estimated I am 4 weeks + 4 days along.

I've read that you can only tell Twin pregnancy at the u/s and that sometimes the increase in Beta # can indicate a stronger likelihood of twins. My doctor does not do any other Betas :wacko:, and I just go in (2 weeks from now on May 17th) for my first ultrasound. I am so impatient!!

Can anyone tell me if Beta 860 (at 4 weeks pregnant) is a high number?? Anyone have Twins at this level??

It's in normal range hun although at the higher end of normal, with my twins my level was a lot lower than that at 4 weeks but then ive had singleton pregnancies where it's been higher. There was a lady here with a level in the thousands at 4 weeks not long ago but she was just pregnant with one. I don't think you can tell for sure by betas. Just sometimes they can give an indication. Your numbers are great though! Happy healthy nine months to you!

Your number looks good, but you can't tell by hcg if it's twins. With daughter, my hcg was 18,762 at 4w6d. I had a scan the following week which confirmed one baby and I was only in the 4th week when I had the blood taken. But that being said, since you transferred two you've got a great chance of it being twins, however, I suppose you'll have to wait for the scan to know. I'm impatient too and the wait would kill me! LOL Congratulations and best of luck!!

I think that's a great number. As the others mentioned, though, it isn't indicative of how many embryos you might be pregnant with. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->