1st doctor visit!

nikole

Reaction score
Hey everyone, its been a while but i had my first doctors appt. last friday. i was excited until they took so much blood i almost passed out. I am due April 7th....YAY! We also discussed that since i am only 4"9 and my husband is 6"3 that a planned c-section might be nessesary. Hoping everything goes well i have another appt this friday but i dont know why is this common for another appt a week after??

Congrats Nikole!!! Sometimes docs want to do another check just to squeeze in anything they may not have time for in the first appointment. They may do an ultrasound and run a few more test in the 2nd appointment. I don't think you have anything to be worried about, they woudl have told you by now :)

Congrats nikole. :)
I was told by my consultant that they usually only give Csections if its an emergency, or your shoe size is something like, below a size 4 lol. Consultant told me it has something to do with the size of your pelvis and being unable to give birth naturally- I had never heard that before though.
I thought I might have to have one, being just 6 stone at the start of pregnancy, but she said being a size 6 shoe, i'm fine. BUMMER! Congrats once again. x

PS: They took LOADS of blood from me at my 15 week appointment, I think it was something ridiculous like 9 tubes of the stuff. I was not impressed in the slightest!

Hey everyone, its been a while but i had my first doctors appt. last friday. i was excited until they took so much blood i almost passed out.
I love it you pop off thinking your getting *A* blood test and all you se eis a big handful of tubes :lol: I had a fear of needles I'm not so bad anymore :dohh:

This is slightly OT, but I got blood taken a few days ago and I warned the doctor that I was afraid of needles and she asked "Oh (pause) do you faint?" and I said "no...but I will cry". And sure enough, I cried and started shaking uncontrollably. And I am a girl that got my nipples pierced at 16, my "ahem" pierced at 18, and everything else in between. Yet I cried HARD and have a terrible fear of needles. It took two nurses and several tries. I am now bruised and that was for only ONE tube, ahhhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->