1st dream about my baby son- and it shows my hidden anxieties!!!

whitelilly

Mummy :)
Reaction score
Well, I had a dream last night and in it I saw the face of my newborn son (or at least, a face!)... that makes me smile.

BUT in my dream I was at work and had to go pick him up from the nursery, which I at first couldn't find. Then when I did I had to walk across a path that was over a swimming pool and when I reached him I fell in the water and got soaked. Then I was in the pool and he was sitting on the edge and jumping in and catching him and we kept getting pulled under (not in a panicky way, but I was worried in my dream)!!

Now I am a psychologist but not one for dream interpretation. BUT does this not smack you in the face of someone who is deep down anxious about having her first baby and being able to care for him?! :hugs:

Strange, Im not sure what it means, I thought water meant doctors and hospitals, but I could be wrong and you prob have it in your head all the
time about going to h'pital ? I also dreamt about having a wee boy on
friday night:hugs::hugs: xx

The only dream I keep having, well 4 times now is him being born and being told he is a girl!!! sorry I can't answer your question hun, take care :hugs: XX

can I join your weird dream club? So far I've dreamt about:

- giving birth only to an umbilical cord
- leaving my baby at a party under a pile of coats
- giving birth to a plastic doll which said 'neglect, neglect, call social services'

Definitely some deep seated anxiety there. However, if we're worrying like this even in our sleep, surely it means that we're going to be good mothers who don't do this stuff in real life!

Happy dreaming - at least you've seen your baby's face!

Bless you...sounds like the dreams I used to have before I had Sam - I'd be at home with him and then in my dream I'd suddenly be out somewhere with friends or my family, and they'd ask about the baby - and I'd realise I'd left him at home. I also had a dream that he was a few months old and I realised that I'd never changed his nappy :lol: ...poor boy!

Must be completely normal when you're about to give up most of your life for something you don't really know much about though, isn't it?! I've managed not to leave Sam anywhere so far :D x

I had a quick google look there and water means emotions! Luckily the water was calm but it was very deep!!!

Becca L- haha, I am sorry but I laughed at your dreams; however, I am one to talk... I dreamt I gave birth to a plate not too long ago!

Sam's mum- that's one of my fears- forgetting him!!! xx

You'll find you focus so much on him that you forget absolutely everything else, but you won't forget him (although my friend's mum did take her to the shop in her pram, pay for her shopping and walk home before realising that she'd left the pram in the shop - baby was still fast asleep when she got back there :rofl:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->