1st FET cycle

Im scared too. Scared about the thaw, what if it doesnt work ect. Its such a difficult time and driving me mad! Did you havd ohss too with fresh? x

Thats my thoughts exactly. Is it ur app today? Good luck. Let me know how u get on. Yes i had ohss mod/severe. What hospital are u at? X

At bcrm. App was today and lining wasnt thick enough so now have patches and tablets and going back monday for another check.
Im a bit upset as nurse said they will only put 1 blast back. The doctor told me 3 which she confirmed in writing. Now im not sure what to do. The only reason we stopped transfer with fresh was because she said they would back more than 1.
What hospital are you with?

At bcrm. App was today and lining wasnt thick enough so now have patches and tablets and going back monday for another check.
Im a bit upset as nurse said they will only put 1 blast back. The doctor told me 3 which she confirmed in writing. Now im not sure what to do. The only reason we stopped transfer with fresh was because she said they would back more than 1.
What hospital are you with?
Oo no. Was that ur first lining check? Only transfer one blast back? How many have u got? Can u not say u want 3?
Im with liverpool womens in uk. Not sure where urs is?
I had a lining check the other week n going for my second one tomorrow. I dont even know how many they will thaw out and transfer back yet. Ive got 7 embryos altogether.
I think if they put it in writing to u, i wud take the letter in on monday wen u go. X

Bcrm is bristol uk. I have 6 5 day blasts and 2 poorer quality 6 day ones. The nurse read my letter today and just said it wont happen.
Ive decided to call the hospital tomorrow and try and speak with the doctor. My partner says he would rather go with what the doc said over nurse as doc is more qualified. Just see what she says when I get hold of her.
Yes that was first lining check.
Good luck tomorrow with your check. X

Bcrm is bristol uk. I have 6 5 day blasts and 2 poorer quality 6 day ones. The nurse read my letter today and just said it wont happen.
Ive decided to call the hospital tomorrow and try and speak with the doctor. My partner says he would rather go with what the doc said over nurse as doc is more qualified. Just see what she says when I get hold of her.
Yes that was first lining check.
Good luck tomorrow with your check. X

Well thats great you have all those 5 day blasts and just think you might only need 1 and you can save the rest cant u? Yh maybe give them a call and explain ur reasons but if they do say only 1, ask reasons why. Im sure if they only want to transfer 1 they must have a good reason. I know it must b do hard to hear but you have good blasts and if they think thats the right thing to do. Are you nhs or private? Im nhs. X

Hi ladies hope you dont mind me joining in, im also waiting for my first FET, all mine were frozen strainght away in July due to ohss. I had my first lining check last week, ive now been started on tablets to thicken my lining, i have another app next thurs to re check the lining, all going well my transfer will be the week after. I am also very nervous about the thaw, im not sure how many they thaw at one time, because of my age the protocol is for me to just have one embryo transferred.
Im very stressed at work at the moment and find myself very emotional, I'm thinking the tablets which are HRT are making me feel quite miserable, any of you ladies on these tablets?? x

Hi ladies hope you dont mind me joining in, im also waiting for my first FET, all mine were frozen strainght away in July due to ohss. I had my first lining check last week, ive now been started on tablets to thicken my lining, i have another app next thurs to re check the lining, all going well my transfer will be the week after. I am also very nervous about the thaw, im not sure how many they thaw at one time, because of my age the protocol is for me to just have one embryo transferred.
Im very stressed at work at the moment and find myself very emotional, I'm thinking the tablets which are HRT are making me feel quite miserable, any of you ladies on these tablets?? x

Hi mandy.
Sounds like we are at the same stage. Im a week ahead of u. Yes i started hrt last week. I havnt noticed side effects wiv them but the injections make me sad. Tbh i think its all the emotions that cum with having ivf. The tablets and stuff just add to it all. X

Ive actually come to an agreement at work as i wasnt coping at all. I work half day in the office and the other half from home. It was kind of, let me work from home or ill go off sick basicaly. I knew they needed me to work so they had no choice really. I find it a lot easier to cope. X

Ive actually come to an agreement at work as i wasnt coping at all. I work half day in the office and the other half from home. It was kind of, let me work from home or ill go off sick basicaly. I knew they needed me to work so they had no choice really. I find it a lot easier to cope. X

Im not on any injections this time round, just the HRT, i think your right though, taking these things on top of all the emotions we go through with IVF, i have to admit i am getting to the stage where im struggling to cope with it all and be at work, its just stress, stress , stress and work for me!!!
I plan to work the rest of this week and all of next week then ive decided to go off sick the week of my transfer, its to important and want to give myself the best chance, im a bit worried about asking my GP for a sick line though i just hope he./she understands how stressful this whole process is. Are you planning on taking time off after transfer?? x

Im not on any injections this time round, just the HRT, i think your right though, taking these things on top of all the emotions we go through with IVF, i have to admit i am getting to the stage where im struggling to cope with it all and be at work, its just stress, stress , stress and work for me!!!
I plan to work the rest of this week and all of next week then ive decided to go off sick the week of my transfer, its to important and want to give myself the best chance, im a bit worried about asking my GP for a sick line though i just hope he./she understands how stressful this whole process is. Are you planning on taking time off after transfer?? x

I know. Its unbelievably stressful. No one can even imagine unless ur in the situation.
Yes i totally agree. This is the most important thing in our lives and work cannot come inbetween of that. No money from work is as important. Yes, im taking a week holiday and then im going to work from home the week after that.
Im also being made redundant on christmas eve if all this just isnt enough!
I wouldnt worry about asking for a sick note. Just say the hospital has advised you to rest for a week and if they have a problem with that just have a mental breakdown sat next to the doctor ha ha ha. X

Im just so annoyed! On the day of et from my fresh cycle the doctor said that the risk of ohss was high but it was my choice. We only decided to put it on hold as she said we could have 3. If we would have known only 1 we would have taken the risk.
Im going to call tomorrow to put my mind at rest and I want to know why im being told different things. What we were told ultimately affected our decision on the day!
We are also nhs.
Sorry for the rant x

I know. Its unbelievably stressful. No one can even imagine unless ur in the situation.
Yes i totally agree. This is the most important thing in our lives and work cannot come inbetween of that. No money from work is as important. Yes, im taking a week holiday and then im going to work from home the week after that.
Im also being made redundant on christmas eve if all this just isnt enough!
I wouldnt worry about asking for a sick note. Just say the hospital has advised you to rest for a week and if they have a problem with that just have a mental breakdown sat next to the doctor ha ha ha. X

Sorry to hear u have had such a hard time, as u say as if the journey isnt hard enough without that! Yea a mental breakdown will defo happen if they dont understand that i need time off to rest :haha:

Mias mum. Did u ring the hospital about havin 3 transfered?
Rant any time you like, thats what this is for lol.
Well had my app today and my lining isnt as thick aa they would like so they have doubled my tablets and have to go back on friday. She said it might delay things but only by a few days.
When uv waited so long already a few days may not sound a lot but it really is isnt it.

Hope your ok mandy. Did u go docs? X

Miasmum. Did you end up getting ohss after the transfer was cancelled? X

Well had my app today and my lining isnt as thick aa they would like so they have doubled my tablets and have to go back on friday. She said it might delay things but only by a few days.
When uv waited so long already a few days may not sound a lot but it really is isnt it.

I am ok thank you, feeling a it sick not sure if its the tablets or if am in for something, havent been to the docs yet was going to wait until a bit nearer the time of transfer so i have longer off after transfer. Sorry about ur lining but im sure it will be fine on friday after ur increase in tablets, totally understand about the whole delay thing, everyday seems to be dragging for me just now :dohh: x

I am ok thank you, feeling a it sick not sure if its the tablets or if am in for something, havent been to the docs yet was going to wait until a bit nearer the time of transfer so i have longer off after transfer. Sorry about ur lining but im sure it will be fine on friday after ur increase in tablets, totally understand about the whole delay thing, everyday seems to be dragging for me just now :dohh: x
Hopefully its just the tablets and ur not coming down with sonething. Yes good idea, most people recommend 2 weeks after transfer so u can get as much rest as possible. Plus it will get us out of the housework and an excuse to put ur feet up ha ha. X

Hopefully its just the tablets and ur not coming down with sonething. Yes good idea, most people recommend 2 weeks after transfer so u can get as much rest as possible. Plus it will get us out of the housework and an excuse to put ur feet up ha ha. X

Exactly :thumbup: i hate all this waiting!! God knows how the TWW will be for us lol. Goodluck for friday let us know how u get on :flower: x

God knows lol. Will do thanks. Hope you feel a bit better soon x

Yes I did but only mildly, I still think I would have gone ahead! I called and surprise surprise the doctor was unavaliable so waiting for a call back.
Sorry to hear of your lining too. They gave me patches yesterday, need to apply 2 every 48 hours.
Hope yours thickens up too! Your right about waiting! Drags on and on. Hopefully we will all be done and dusted by christmas with positive results! X

Yes I did but only mildly, I still think I would have gone ahead! I called and surprise surprise the doctor was unavaliable so waiting for a call back.
Sorry to hear of your lining too. They gave me patches yesterday, need to apply 2 every 48 hours.
Hope yours thickens up too! Your right about waiting! Drags on and on. Hopefully we will all be done and dusted by christmas with positive results! X

Hey,

just wanted to say, I only put one grade 5AA Blastocyst back on my fresh cycle and it failed, so I am being allowed to transfer 2 blastocysts this time and i'm with Plymouth. Good luck and I hope they respect your wishes. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->