1st FET cycle

I spoke with the doctor this morning who says their policy changed 2 weeks ago and in light of this they will now only be able to transfer 1. I told her that we only decided not to go ahead because of the information she gave us about 3 and she said it was out of her hands and nothing couuld be done.
So now our chances have gone from 63% to 35%.
Livid is an understatement! I understand if the policy has changed but I feel the people who had already been told something should be able to have what they were told. She said our chances of 1 working were just the same as 3, so if thats the case why would they say 3 in the first place?
What do you ladies think I should do?

I spoke with the doctor this morning who says their policy changed 2 weeks ago and in light of this they will now only be able to transfer 1. I told her that we only decided not to go ahead because of the information she gave us about 3 and she said it was out of her hands and nothing couuld be done.
So now our chances have gone from 63% to 35%.
Livid is an understatement! I understand if the policy has changed but I feel the people who had already been told something should be able to have what they were told. She said our chances of 1 working were just the same as 3, so if thats the case why would they say 3 in the first place?
What do you ladies think I should do?

Ridiculous! Cant believe what they have said. I dont think there is much u can do bar try and move on from this being hopefull that you will only need 1 for it to work. I know thats not of much help to u but i dont know wat else to suggest. If u made an official complaint, by the time it would b being looked into u will have had ur transfer and fingers crossed be pregnant.

If it helps though ( it probably wont) but wen i was told my fresh cycle was being cancelled due to ohss i was so disapointed and wanted to carry on. Only to b hospitalised for three days with severe ohss which is life threatning. I said to my dh that there is nothing more i want in the world then a baby but there is no way i could have been pregnant while having ohss.it was too painful.
So i know its easy for me to say but you have given ur body a better chance of a pregnancy because u waited.
Try and concentrate on the one they will put back and not on something that u cant control...

Hope that helps..

Update on me.
Out of my 7 frozen embryos which they thawed all 7 out on monday. 6 made it and are now growing hopefully.
They said they will ring me tomorrow if there are any problems but if not i will have my transfer at 130 on friday.
Im so scared about tomorrow. They said if no problems they wont call so im basically praying that i dont receive a phonecall tomorrow.
6 is good amount tho right????

Update on me.
Out of my 7 frozen embryos which they thawed all 7 out on monday. 6 made it and are now growing hopefully.
They said they will ring me tomorrow if there are any problems but if not i will have my transfer at 130 on friday.
Im so scared about tomorrow. They said if no problems they wont call so im basically praying that i dont receive a phonecall tomorrow.
6 is good amount tho right????

6 is a great number Clarka :thumbup: thats so exciting!! I will be waiting to hear how many of mine survive the thaw next week. Fingers crossed you dont get a phone call, it all sounds very promising for you. x

Aww thanks mandy do u think?
I cant help but worry about if they will grow or not but if they have survived the thaw, surely some out of 6 have got to grow?
Goos luck with urs next week. Wat day? X

I cant help but worry about if they will grow or not but if they have survived the thaw, surely some out of 6 have got to grow?

yea i think so, i dont think there is a point in this journey that we wont worry, its only natural, i am worrying about mine surviving the thaw at this point, i dont have a date yet, got another lining scan on thursday and hopefully will have a date then x

This really scares me. I only have two frozen and one of those was a 4bc grade which they don't usually freeze. The other is a 3bb. I can't believe that I have to wait till the day of transfer to find out if the previous 6 weeks has been a complete waste of time!

This really scares me. I only have two frozen and one of those was a 4bc grade which they don't usually freeze. The other is a 3bb. I can't believe that I have to wait till the day of transfer to find out if the previous 6 weeks has been a complete waste of time!

All my embryos were frozen on day of collection i have no idea what grades any of them are.

yea i think so, i dont think there is a point in this journey that we wont worry, its only natural, i am worrying about mine surviving the thaw at this point, i dont have a date yet, got another lining scan on thursday and hopefully will have a date then x
I know what you mean. I didnt realise they told u on the same day if they survive the thaw so it knocked me for six on monday. Fx that they are flourish for you. I had to have two lining scans as my first one was too thin so they upped my tablets. Luckily it thickened up 1cm in 1 day lol x

6 is a great amount to have!
We went for scan on monday and after speaking with the head consultant he agreed we can have 2 back. Yey! Booked in for transfer on tuesday. Im not sure how many of my 7 will be thawed but im worried about this too x

Hi all.
They didnt give me a choice of the anount to be thawed. They just said they are thawing all 7.

I got a phonecall from hospital this morning to say out of my 6 that survived the thaw, 1 has grown nicely but not the other 5.
So they said they are likely to dispose of my 5.
They have moved my transfer to today ay 130 so this is all or nothing. Im absolutely petrified.
Althoufh i am grateful that i at least have 1 qat if it doesnt work? We wud have to go back on the list for sperm retrieval which wud take years.:(
Ive got to focus on this little embaby and pray that it sticks.

Please.please say ur prayers for me today xx

Clarkea ... congrats on getting to et! Ill be keeping fx for you. I know its hard but try not to think about the what if it doesnt work side ( you will be saying the same to me next wk im sure). Keep positive! After all it does only take 1!
Update later and let us know how transfer was.

Hi all.
They didnt give me a choice of the anount to be thawed. They just said they are thawing all 7.

I got a phonecall from hospital this morning to say out of my 6 that survived the thaw, 1 has grown nicely but not the other 5.
So they said they are likely to dispose of my 5.
They have moved my transfer to today ay 130 so this is all or nothing. Im absolutely petrified.
Althoufh i am grateful that i at least have 1 qat if it doesnt work? We wud have to go back on the list for sperm retrieval which wud take years.:(
Ive got to focus on this little embaby and pray that it sticks.

Please.please say ur prayers for me today xx

Just seen you had your transfer today!! Hope all went well & pray your little embaby sticks :flower::dust: sending lots of baby dust your way xx

Hey girls.
Transfer went ok. We got to see our little embaby on the screen which was nice. Now the dreaded two wwait!! Our other embabies didnt make it so its all on this little one. Thanks girls x

Hey girls.
Transfer went ok. We got to see our little embaby on the screen which was nice. Now the dreaded two wwait!! Our other embabies didnt make it so its all on this little one. Thanks girls x

It only takes one :winkwink: hoping we all get our christmas miracles :xmas12::xmas16: exciting times, rest up & take it easy xx

Just back from my lining check, it was 8.3 so they are happy with that, i have to phone the lab this afternoon to arrange a day for transfer :happydance: so excited but i am so nervous at the same time, hope you ladies are well x

Well done mandy ... my transfer date is tuesday! We're all in this together now :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->