1st Miscarrige

Mummy12387

Reaction score
I am currently going through my first miscarrige, I already have two children and this is my 3rd. I had an early scan due to pain and spotting to be told my baby had no heartbeat and was measuring around 2 weeks smaller than they should have been. I managed to pass my baby at home, after not expecting the pain to be as bad as it was, my baby passed and was still intact in the little sac and attached to the placenta. I saw my little tiny baby inside and he looked like he’d stopped growing a while ago, he looked like a little bit of white jelly about the size of a grain of rice. So fragile but much smaller than I expected, he hadn’t really formed. I was supposed to be 8 weeks when this happened, baby looked around 4-5 weeks. I have kept my baby for now intact and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to bury him under a plant, or to get a tiny baby coffin and have a special place inside the home. I’m struggling a lot to come to terms with it at the moment so I’m not sure what would be best for me. As I want to be able to let go, not forget but be able to move on, because at the moment it doesn’t seem possible. I know it takes time to heal but I don’t know if I will feel worse if I keep baby in the home rather than the thought of him growing through a flower, which I will then be devastated if the flower was to die xx

I'm so so sorry you are going through this. I understand your pain, I misscariaged in June at 7w4d. Started spotting on the Monday, saw heartbeat on scan on the tuesday and I passed baby and sac Wednesday. I choose to bury my baby and bought a special plant to place on top, my plant has purple/black leaves and bright pink flowers. Like the black represents the pain and the beautiful flowers are my baby. I wanted my baby to be absorbed into the plant so when I look at it flourishing and growing it brings me some comfort.
I know everyone will have a different way to remember but this was what felt right to me, I would have felt like baby was trapped if I'd kept in the house, I don't know why that's probably me being strange.
Again I'm really sorry for your loss

First off I am so sorry for your loss. I have been through 2 (6wks and 12wks) in the past year. What I have in remembrance is a small stuffed owl toy I keep in a safe place. It's something I can look at but wont upset me either. You will not forget but time will heal you. The best thing I can think of coming out of these experiences is how much more we will appreciate our rainbow babies once they are in our arms. Whatever you feel is best to help you through this is the best option for you, no matter how others may feel. It's all about you right now.

I hope I have helped a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->