• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st month TTC after a miscarriage

hi all i just had a MC - how long did you bleed for and how long befor you tryed agen

hi all i just had a MC - how long did you bleed for and how long befor you tryed agen

:hugs: Sorry for your loss.
I bleed for about 10 days not including pre-MC spotting. We started trying about a week after the bleeding stopped, before the first af. No sticky bean that cycle. I am on my 1st real cycle since my MC and still TTC.

hi Tracey, so sorry for your loss :/

I bled for about 2 weeks and was ready to start trying as soon as bleeding stopped. Some doctors say to wait a cycle, mine said get back on whenever you are emotionally and physically ready so I'm now on my 2nd cycle officially ttc ^.^

Hi Ladies. Yesterday morning I took tablets to induce miscarriage after the sack stopped developing at 5-6 weeks. They worked very quickly emptying me out, and by yesterday evening it'd started to slow down. Today I've just had on a typical thin pad you'd use for a period and there's not much on it at all, had it on for 10 hours. The experience wasn't bad at all, and compared to how I've felt over the last few weeks I feel so good today. I know they said to start having sex when your bleeding has stopped, does that mean at any time? The nurse said I'd bleed for up to a week so I'm unsure whether I should try not have sex until the full week is up, even if I do stop bleeding as it really is tailing off already.

Hope nobody minds me posting, I feel so lost on the forum atm, unsure where I should be posting.

You are in good hands here, Natasha2605. I waited for a week after my bleeding had stopped because my cervix still felt open and I didn't want to risk getting an infection but I have heard of a ton of ladies having sex before their bleeding had completely stopped. The import thing is to keep an eye down there for signs that something is wrong (ie infection) regardless of when you decide to dtd again. If the nurse told you you can start dtd after your bleeding had stopped, I suppose that meant whenever it has stopped completely regardless of the amount of days that have passed. I assume she was warning you in case your bleeding lasted a little while so you didn't get too anxious. Also, I don't know if this will be true for you, but I did stop and start bleeding on and off for a few days.

Thank you, I'm worried about having sex too quick as I've heard it can start and stop and I wanted to wait until I was sure it'd stopped. But we've not had sex in about four weeks so I am a little needy. I don't want to have sex and end up with some sort of infection. This is all such a minefield.

Well there is always other routes you can go :blush:

But if you are going to go for it soon, I would make sure that everything is clean (and by everything, I mean the thing) :haha: From what I understand, its not really about the bleeding, but more about the cervix. So if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty, you could check your cp and see if it feels open. If not, I would say go for it :thumbup:

Hello Natasha & Tracey, am so sorry for your losses, it's a sad time and wish you both lots of healing dust your way��

I spoke too soon and AF has just got me this afternoon, a mixture of relief but also anxiety as it brings back memories of MC as it has not started like a normal AF. At least it means my body is getting back on track and the opportunity to expel anything that may have been left.

Be kind to yourselves girliesxx ��

SummerBaba: My first AF after MC was horrific with tons of blood everywhere. I had to go but adult dippers to catch it all :haha: I think it is probably your body getting back to normal. Sorry that the witch has come but its good that your body is clearing out all the old and getting ready for the new!

Thanks Tankel, goodness your first AF sounds horrific, fingers crossed mine does not become like that. Its painful more so than a norm AF but bearable, just the flow is full on straightaway, normally my AF flow is a slow move into steady flow so it caught me by surprise and a quick dash to the shops! :)

Bring on positive vibes for next cycle :)

It is funny how much a mc can change your body. We have to relearn what our normal is.

Natasha and Tracey I'm very sorry for your losses. I know it's a really tough time but this forum is a great place and this is a lovely supportive group of ladies. Here for you.

Everyone is different about when to start having sex/ttc again so I agree just take it at your own pace and be vigilant about signs of infection. My mc I bled for just over a week and had sex pretty much as soon as the bleeding stopped. I was very lucky to get my bfp during that fist cycle so it can happen, but everyone is ready at different times.

Summerbaba - sorry to hear you are having a tough first af. Sending you big hugs and lots of good vibes for your next cycle :thumbup:

Im so glad I was able to read about everyone's first AF. I just got mine and there's so much blood! I'm relieved that things are getting back to normal but this is not at all what I was prepared for. At least I know it's normal.

I just got mine on Sunday too hopeful one! Lots of blood too and painful for the first couple of days but better now cd4. Very glad this horrible period (excuse the pun :haha:) of our lives is over and here's to the future and rainbows for all!

Hiya Hopeful One & Jaspie, looks like the right time for our first AF's, not nice but at least we know our bodies are getting back on track and having a 'clear out'. Mine arrived 4wks and 5 days later, relieved in a way as they say can take anything up to 8 weeks to appear.

Bring on a new month and positive cycle for us girlies :)

hello all
got my bloods take now at 14 hcg - got to take a test in 10 day so hoping its a bfn the only time in my life i what to see a bfn - then back on to ttc :) xx

I took a few weeks for me to get a :bfn: Hope you get yours super quick so you can get back to baby-making :winkwink:

Sorry to hear AF arrived in full force for some of ya ladies :/ My first AF after miscarriage was pretty uneventful, but the 2nd one? Holy crap it was horrible. I think it was actually worse than the miscarriage itself! So when I didnt get my BFP last month I actually felt okay about it, figured my body still needed time to sort itself out.

Now, if AF shows up in April I wont be as understanding LOL.

Sorry to hear AF arrived in full force for some of ya ladies :/ My first AF after miscarriage was pretty uneventful, but the 2nd one? Holy crap it was horrible. I think it was actually worse than the miscarriage itself! So when I didnt get my BFP last month I actually felt okay about it, figured my body still needed time to sort itself out.

Now, if AF shows up in April I wont be as understanding LOL.

What CD are you so I can root for you? I am in the TWW, but if AF shows, I'm curious to see if it is worse than the first. I know a lot of ladies say that their second or third AF after an MC can be worse that the previous ones. Mine started out really heavy but tapered off really quick so I wonder if I have a crazy AF in my future.

Tankel, today is CD 20. My FF app said I should have ov'd on Friday the 20th but then I've had EWCM since Tuesday the 24th so i dont know if it's post ov CM or if I ov'd late :/

All i know is AF is due between the 4th and the 7th lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->