1st Tri Moms: PLEASE HELP ME!

Well we werent actively trying, we were using the natural family planning method and had been for about 7 months since having my Mirena coil taken out last year. I was using Mymonthlycycles.com to work out roughly when I would ovulate and I'm one of those that feels pain and symptoms when I ovulate. As far as I know, I ovulated on time and we avoided the "dodgy" days but somehow I still fell pregnant lol! So I guess OH's swimmers managed to stick around for a while :rofl:

Hey there, I'm the same as Polaris. We BD'd on the Sunday, my DH was away til the fri and I'm pretty sure I O'd on the Thurs but here we are at almost 12 weeks. As polaris said, you just need 1 little spermy to hang on in there.

Good luck :hug:

Well we werent actively trying, we were using the natural family planning method and had been for about 7 months since having my Mirena coil taken out last year. I was using Mymonthlycycles.com to work out roughly when I would ovulate and I'm one of those that feels pain and symptoms when I ovulate. As far as I know, I ovulated on time and we avoided the "dodgy" days but somehow I still fell pregnant lol! So I guess OH's swimmers managed to stick around for a while :rofl:

Thanks for giving me hope!:happydance:

Hey there, I'm the same as Polaris. We BD'd on the Sunday, my DH was away til the fri and I'm pretty sure I O'd on the Thurs but here we are at almost 12 weeks. As polaris said, you just need 1 little spermy to hang on in there.

Good luck :hug:

That's the kind of news that I crave! Thank you so much, you've made me a happy gal!:hugs:

Hi there!
It all seems so confusing doesn't it! I think a lot of it is pot luck but I read somewhere that you count the first day of you period as 'day 1' then have sex on 'day 14' as that is when you ovulate? Dont know if this is right but I had sex on day 13, 14 and 15 and fell pregnant straight away.
Although saying that my friend is TTC and she uses ovulation tests and on her 'day 14' it said she wasn't ovulating.
Some women can tell when there ovulating as they have more vaginal discharge but I couldnt tell!
Anyways dont know if this helps in the slightest but thats all I know!
Hope it helps?? xx

My OPks showed me lines from the sunday for about 5 days and we bd'd sun, mon i think tues not wed and thurs. It happened and i am coming up 10 weeks, i still think the old bum on a pillow did the trick but they do hang aorund longer than u think hunny! Never say your out until af arrives good luck xx

hope this helps. Fingers crossed for u

Research has shown that some sperm may survive in the Fallopian tubes up to 7 days, with the average amount of time being 3 to 4 days.

The sperm survive much longer once they have traveled through the cervical opening into the woman’s body which is a good reason to try and elevate your bottom in order to encourage the sperm to travel, with the help of gravity, to your cervix more quickly and in greater quantities

Sperm can last for 5 days hon so yes you are still in with a chance. x

Hi there!
It all seems so confusing doesn't it! I think a lot of it is pot luck but I read somewhere that you count the first day of you period as 'day 1' then have sex on 'day 14' as that is when you ovulate? Dont know if this is right but I had sex on day 13, 14 and 15 and fell pregnant straight away.
Although saying that my friend is TTC and she uses ovulation tests and on her 'day 14' it said she wasn't ovulating.
Some women can tell when there ovulating as they have more vaginal discharge but I couldnt tell!
Anyways dont know if this helps in the slightest but thats all I know!
Hope it helps?? xx

Thanks for responding! I have 34 day cycles (I know, I Know!) and I used OPKs this month. I actually got +OPKs on 4/10-4/12. I had sex last on 4/9. Oooh! I hope I covered the time frame!!!:hissy:

My OPks showed me lines from the sunday for about 5 days and we bd'd sun, mon i think tues not wed and thurs. It happened and i am coming up 10 weeks, i still think the old bum on a pillow did the trick but they do hang aorund longer than u think hunny! Never say your out until af arrives good luck xx

Man, I hope your right! Baby dust me, please!!
:hug:

hope this helps. Fingers crossed for u

Research has shown that some sperm may survive in the Fallopian tubes up to 7 days, with the average amount of time being 3 to 4 days.

The sperm survive much longer once they have traveled through the cervical opening into the woman’s body which is a good reason to try and elevate your bottom in order to encourage the sperm to travel, with the help of gravity, to your cervix more quickly and in greater quantities

I placed a pillow underneath my bottom a few times during that week long :sex:. I just hope my timing was right!!!!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->