1st tri weight gain

sweetpeaxo

Reaction score
I will be 13 weeks this Thursday and I have already gained TEN pounds! Is that something to worry about? I really want to keep my overall weight gain to a minimum =( guess I need to start watching what I eat...

I think every body is different. I am a bit past 10 weeks and have gained about 4 pounds. If you were thin before they say you gain more, those models who get pregnant? They pack on 60-70 lbs! (but then again they weighed 105 measuring 5' 11'') I think a better question is to ask yourself how you feel? :)

I've heard two different ranges 0-3lbs and 0-5lbs is normal for 1st Tri. Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time keeping the weight down. I think sometimes Pregnancy just takes its toll. Hang in there.

Everyone gains weight at different rates and different times in their pregnancy. I'm about as far along as you and I gained 7 or 8 pounds by week 11 and then plateaued. Gaining so much so fast freaked me out a bit since it's over the "0-5lbs" recommendation for first trimester, but then yesterday I looked at the target weight gain charts and realized that if I stay at this plateau for another week I will be right on schedule.

So yes, watch what you eat, exercise when you can, but no need to panic just yet I think :hugs:

I gained 11 pounds in first tri but I'm carrying twins so I (personally) feel that it's an okay amount for me to have gained in first tri. :) I think some of it does depend on your body type etc. With my first I was very overweight and didn't gain anything in first tri and only gained 20-25 pounds my entire pregnancy. This time I was at a healthy BMI when I got pregnant and expect to gain closer to 50 pounds (take into consideration this is a twin pregnancy though and I expect to gain more weight because of that as well)

Hey. If you're 13 weeks, you're about 1/3 through your pregnancy, if your weight gain continues as it is, you will gain what, like 30lbs...slightly less than the average! So no, j wouldn't worry at all. The other thing is all women gain weight at different rates, and I personally would rather have it come on steadily throughout my pregnancy and not have it creep up on me all at once :)

Well weight gain is tricky. I don't want to tell you to be careful and make you paranoid...but in my first pregnancy I went on to gain almost 60lbs...and the weight gain took a huge toll on my body, and caused a very difficult and complicated delivery for me! So when I see women on here asking about weight gain...I get concerned right away for them. I have been there and know whats its like. However, a lot of women gain alot in the first tri, and just have to be careful in the next few months ahead. I'm sure you will be ok....but the whole "eating for two" thing is a myth...hormones play a big part in weight gain and what we eat which is really difficult. You may just have to make sure that everything you eat is healthy, less sugar, less salt...more exercise type thing. I don't want to come across as being weird about this- and if I am, I'm sorry.....I just had SOOO many complications due to my weight gain (I was in good shape when I originally got pregnant)...and don't want to see other women go through that! HUGS!

Im currently 25 weeks weighing in at 142.2 pounds and my starting weight was 115 lbs. i but on 10 pounds in one month! ive already gained like 27 pounds at only 6 months. I wouldnt worry about it tooo muchh just watch what your eating and if your still putting on that much weight talk to your doctor about pre clampsia they told me when i went in sudden weight gain and alot of it is a sign for pre clampisa. good luckkk!

Some women gain a lot in first tri due to bloating and water retention and it usually levels out in 2nd tri. Just be careful with thinking that weight is evenly gained throughout each trimester as it isn't for the majority! You will gain most of your weight in later 2nd tri and third tri as baby and fluids grow. I haven't gained anything yet, but the dr said I should gain about a pound a week from 20 weeks on.

I gained 7lbs and i cried my eyes out when she told me that yesterday.

I gained a lot in my first pregnancy, about 30-35lbs, and have struggled to get it off. I'm hoping to gain very little in first tri this time and eat healthily and keep active for the whole pregnancy. I gym 4 days a week normally so I hope to keep this up. The healthier you are the easier you will find labour.

X Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->