2 scans??

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

We have booked into a hospital in Scotland to have bump as it's our closest one (we live on the border!) and apparently they don't scan until 16 weeks. Due to this fact we booked our own for 12 weeks and when we got home we'd received an appointment for THIS week (13 weeks) which if we'd have known we would have waited.

I was just wondering if it is dangerous to have 2 scans so close together and also do you think we'll see a difference??
I know it's only a week but don't want to expect too much and be disappointed.

Thanks Ladies.

Hope everyone's doing well xx xx

i dont think its harmful some people have lots of scans you mite see little difference they changed alot at this stage

I have had scans close together and my LO is fine, as for looking different, I don't think much would have changed within a week but you never know

It won't hurt to have 2 scans close together. Women who have problems like bleeding may have more than 2 scans in a 2 week period. When you think they're nothing but sound, they're not going to hurt and very few people believe they cause problems.

You should see a slight difference or at least the sonographer should be able to point out what will have changed if you ask. They grow very quickly at that stage.

Apparently the earlier the scan, the more accuratly they can judge your due date. I had one scan at 9 weeks exactly (which was only 8 weeks & 5 days buy my lmp) and another scan at what then should have been 10 weeks and 4 days but they put me at 10 weeks and 6 days so baby was deffinatly growing quickly and it shows even then EDD's aren't all that accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->