• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 week old draining 4 oz bottles every 3 hours?

jellybean83

Reaction score
My not so little man is 2 weeks today and has started to drain 4 oz bottles every 3 hours to the dot...He used to snack a lot before and was eating every 1 and a half to 2 hours.Saw the midwife yesterday who weighed him and he has gone from 8lb 4oz born to 8lb 12 oz in 2 weeks,After he has fed he isnt sick after the feed usually and if is its just a small amount

Does him eating this much seem a little excessive or about right?I spose im just looking for reasurement Im no stuffing the little man senseless!!

thats fine, he will take what he wants! could be growth spurt, dont worry, just keep feeding them! tell your HV next time you see them but I am sure it is fine
x

im the same my lo is 2week+2days and gone from 7lb 12 to 8lb 6 in 2 weeks shes drinking 3oz every 4 hours sometimes every 2hrs x

Hope is 17 days old and has 5oz of hungry baby every 4 hours, she has gone from 8lb 12oz at birth to 9lb 14oz!!

My little one is 2 1/2 weeks old and has gone from his birth weight of 8lb 9oz to 9lb 12oz! He is drinking 4oz every 2-3hours at the moment and every website i look at tells us different things. One said a baby should be taking 2.5 oz for every pound they weigh in a 24hour period...mine is taking 32oz in 24hours which is way more than that calculation allows!

:wacko:

My little one is 2 1/2 weeks old and has gone from his birth weight of 8lb 9oz to 9lb 12oz! He is drinking 4oz every 2-3hours at the moment and every website i look at tells us different things. One said a baby should be taking 2.5 oz for every pound they weigh in a 24hour period...mine is taking 32oz in 24hours which is way more than that calculation allows!

:wacko:

The 2.5oz per lb of body weight is just a rough guide. Some baby's will want more than this, especially around growth spurt time, and other's will want less. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->