2 weeks late, BFN then BFP anyone??

i'm officially 3 weeks late..thinking i might go back to the doctor earlier than expected..i need to know whats going on..i'm praying i'm one of the few women that never get a positive on a hpt,even when they're far along..

Hi everyone how's things? Isn't this waiting just the hardest thing??

Sugarbump - have you had any more symptoms? I've had those sharp lower right sided pains that you've had. Hope it's a good sign for us both :thumbup:.

Loveinbinary - did you make your doctors appointment? Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Vrainoire - did you go back to your doctors? I know what you mean about wanting to know what's going on!

WDWJess - how are you doing? Have you had any symptoms?

As for me, still feeling some symptoms but I'm sure it's just psychological now! But the strange thing today is that I did an IC to check for ov and it was THE strongest positive I have EVER had on one, in 10 months of using them!! So of course we got straight down to business (sorry TMI :blush:) cos I can only presume I'm ov'ing right now. I'm still going for my bloods on Wednesday cos you never know what they might show anyway.

Good luck everyone. I keep frantically throwing this babydust around hoping that it sticks to one of us!!

:dust::dust:

ooh angelic that sounds promising, gl :dust: I've been having quite bad cramps today, mainly down my right side, also feeling sick right now. Was so hungry and ready for dinner then within 10 minutes was completely put off by the thought of food!
Ordered some ic's on saturday so will test when they arrive x

That does sound promising Angelic, you'll have to let us know how it goes on Weds :)

Vrainoire - do some women really never get a positive on a hpt? I didn't know that, maybe there is hope then!

I tested this morning at cd40, 10 days late - it was negative and I felt sooooo gutted! I'd read loads of posts with women saying that they got their BFP's on cd35,38,40 etc, so I think i'd managed to persuade myself that I might be one of those!

I've been trying to get hold of my private and NHS consultants to sort out a blood test but I can't get any of their secretaries to ring me back and it's driving me insane! If they don't get back to me soon I'm going to march myself down the hospital and demand a blood test there and then!

I've accepted that I'm not pregnant, I just want to get it confirmed so I get get on with my next cycle X

I did call my doctor this morning and to be quote honest they couldn't have cared less. They told me to way a couple more days then test again, if it came up negative then I'm not pregnant. They didn't seem bothered that I was worried why af is so late if they are telling me I'm probably not pregnant. They didn't even tell me to call back if af doesn't show. So... I called a different doctor and I tell you this woman was the absolute sweetest. I have an appointment tomorrow morning. She said they don't do ultrasounds until 7 weeks so if I am in fact pregnant it's a relief to know I do get an early scan. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. I'm praying so hard that they give me good news. Fx'd for bfps!

Fingers crossed for you loveinbinary, I really hope they can tell you something at your appointment.
I'm also feeling sick WDWJess and I'm certain I just got the metallic taste in my mouth too. I think in a way it will be good to know for certain with these bloods as I think I'm starting to "think" myself pg if you know what I mean :wacko:.
I hope you manage to get a blood test soon sugarlump if only to put your mind at rest.

x

Went to doctor this morning, he said that pregnancy tests where pretty accurate so he's pretty sure that I'm not pregnant. Wouldn't give me a blood test though, just a POAS test that gets sent off to the lab so is more accurate. He said if that shows a negative then I have to repeat it in one week. If that neg then I can take the drug to bring on AF. Which I really didn't want to have to take again, as it gave me such awful side effects the last time. At least I can move on and start a new cycle.

Maybe, just maybe I may be able to get a BFP by Christmas, wouldn't that be the best Xmas pressie ever!!
X

Went to doctor this morning, he said that pregnancy tests where pretty accurate so he's pretty sure that I'm not pregnant. Wouldn't give me a blood test though, just a POAS test that gets sent off to the lab so is more accurate. He said if that shows a negative then I have to repeat it in one week. If that neg then I can take the drug to bring on AF. Which I really didn't want to have to take again, as it gave me such awful side effects the last time. At least I can move on and start a new cycle.

Maybe, just maybe I may be able to get a BFP by Christmas, wouldn't that be the best Xmas pressie ever!!
X

I hope so chick fx'd x

It seems to be a morning for doctors. I saw mine this morning as well. They did a urine test whch came up negative. Though I expected it to turn up as it did, part of me was holding tight to the hope that it just might be possitive. My doctor said much the same thing about these tests being fairly accurate but he also said there is a chance for false positives and negatives. He sent me next door to the lab for bloods and I'll have the results when I call back in the morning. I'm trying to stay hopeful but I'm finding myself rather down. The doctor said if the bloods come back negative we are going to try to figure out why I'm so late and possibly induce af to show. I keep reading online all these stories of women who didn't get bfps till much later or who were late and had several bfns but a positive blood test. I'm really hoping to be one of those women... But I know the odds aren't in my favor. It's a very stormy doom and gloom day here and my depression matches it. I can't pray enough that I get good news. I hope you ladies are doing better than I am.

It seems to be a morning for doctors. I saw mine this morning as well. They did a urine test whch came up negative. Though I expected it to turn up as it did, part of me was holding tight to the hope that it just might be possitive. My doctor said much the same thing about these tests being fairly accurate but he also said there is a chance for false positives and negatives. He sent me next door to the lab for bloods and I'll have the results when I call back in the morning. I'm trying to stay hopeful but I'm finding myself rather down. The doctor said if the bloods come back negative we are going to try to figure out why I'm so late and possibly induce af to show. I keep reading online all these stories of women who didn't get bfps till much later or who were late and had several bfns but a positive blood test. I'm really hoping to be one of those women... But I know the odds aren't in my favor. It's a very stormy doom and gloom day here and my depression matches it. I can't pray enough that I get good news. I hope you ladies are doing better than I am.

Sorry you're feeling so down :hugs: hope you get good news in the morning but if not you know that you will get AF soon and once that's over and done with it's onwards and upwards. It's so hard to keep your chin up all the time and you are allowed to have a couple of bad days so don't beat yourself up. We're all thinking of you and sending our most positive vibes :hug:

x

I swear you ladies are the best friends and support anyone can possibly ask for. How are things going for you?

Aww that's what we're here for :hugs:.

My plot thickens I'm afraid lol. I have been doing opk's for the last few days with a positive not even coming close and then yesterday out of nowhere I got the most positive positive I have EVER had in 10 months of using them :shock: so now I really don't know what to think. It was so strong it even took some colour away from the control strip!! I had another positive today but not as strong as that. We've been dtd just in case it is a genuine mega strong ov. Did a hpk cheapie as well this evening just to see and nothing showed up on that so who knows lol. I have been feeling a little sick over the last few days but it probably isn't related.

Still, I'm having my blood test in the morning so hopefully in the next couple of days I will know for sure :wacko:.

:dust:

My plot thickens I'm afraid lol. I have been doing opk's for the last few days with a positive not even coming close and then yesterday out of nowhere I got the most positive positive I have EVER had in 10 months of using them :shock: so now I really don't know what to think. It was so strong it even took some colour away from the control strip!! I had another positive today but not as strong as that. We've been dtd just in case it is a genuine mega strong ov. Did a hpk cheapie as well this evening just to see and nothing showed up on that so who knows lol. I have been feeling a little sick over the last few days but it probably isn't related.

Still, I'm having my blood test in the morning so hopefully in the next couple of days I will know for sure :wacko:.

fx'd for u ..but at any rate whatever the outcome of the test is I hope you get your BFP soon..

fx'd for u ..but at any rate whatever the outcome of the test is I hope you get your BFP soon..

Thank you hun, and you too x

OK, I'm pretty much out now, had the result from my doctor and it was negative, but doctor wants me to test in another week, just to be absolutely sure. So I'll be taking the drug to induce af towards the end of next week, bring on the next cycle!

Good luck to everyone still in their waits, there are BFP's round the corner, I know it!
X

Sorry to hear that sugarbump. Once the nasty witch is out of the way it'll be all systems go for that BFP. Hope you don't have to wait too long x

Hi angelic, thanks for the nice words :) I'm totally shocked but af actually arrived today, on day 43! I was sure that I hadn't ovulated and I'm so chuffed that I don't have to take the progesterone to due a period, so now officially in 3rd cycle. My problem now is that both my husband and I are out of the country this coming month at different times, so the likelihood of us being able to get to it at the right time is very slim! Ah well, never mind, we'll see how it goes

Did you have your blood test? Have you got the results yet?
X

That's great that she arrived naturally (albeit very late) but as you say you can now move on to the next cycle. And I can totally appreciate where you're coming from with the spending time apart thing. My hubby's been working away a lot as well recently and it nearly always coincides with BD time which is VERY frustrating!! But you'll get there O:).

I had my blood test yesterday morning. The nurse said it could take a week but I think I'll try phoning tomorrow afternoon so I'll let you know if there's any news!!

x

Hi girls,

I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I'm on my 2WW but just wanted to wish you all soooooo much luck. Have read this thread from start to finish and I think you have all had a pretty crazy and complicated few weeks so you MUST be due your :bfp: soooooooooooooooooooooonn

Lots of :dust:
and MUCHOS love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"