2 year old brother and sister cats fighting!

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
My 2 cats have grown up together and were inseperable until a few months ago. When I was pregnant and for the first few months of LO arriving we kept them together in a large cage just overnight as they had a habit of running round the house like mad things at night and they were happy with this until a few months ago. We cant put them together anymore at night or they go mad hissing and fighting each other, we cant even have them in the same room at night now! Its not as if they are bored they go outside from 8am till 6pm each day and can come and go as they please. OH upset me the other night, he said we may have to get rid of one but he didnt mean it he told me later, we love them to bits and wouldnt do that, is there anything we can do and is this normal, will they settle down?

Cats are territorial and need their own space. It probably wasn't the best idea to shut them together in a cage as they couldn't seperate when they needed space, cats are also most active at dawn and dusk so keeping them together at night probably wasn't good either.

Your best bet is to give them there own little bit of space in the house where they can go and escape, also dont shut them together anymore, if you need to shut them away at night could you shut them in a room each maybe so they can have their space. :shrug:

Hoping you can get through this :thumbup:

Cats are territorial and need their own space. It probably wasn't the best idea to shut them together in a cage as they couldn't seperate when they needed space, cats are also most active at dawn and dusk so keeping them together at night probably wasn't good either.

Your best bet is to give them there own little bit of space in the house where they can go and escape, also dont shut them together anymore, if you need to shut them away at night could you shut them in a room each maybe so they can have their space. :shrug:

Hoping you can get through this :thumbup:

Thank you, yep we learnt the hard way not to keep them together, we are leaving them to settle where they like now at night and they choose a room each and stay there all night now so looks like they have sorted it out themselves! x

Thats good :thumbup: One of our cats sleeps on the bed and the other two sleep downstairs. :flower:

Thats good :thumbup: One of our cats sleeps on the bed and the other two sleep downstairs. :flower:

Now they are more used to LO and he is making less noise, they are alot more chilled, one sleeps on our bed from the early hours and they seem to know when its time to 'get up' now as before when we were getting up every 3 hours to make bottles they would think its time to go out and run round like little maniacs. tehee

lol thats something I'm not looking forward to, everytime I get up in the night to go the loo or something they think its feed time.:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->