2 years after medically managed MMC cycle still not good.

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
It's been almost 2 years since I had my last miscarriage medically managed in the hospital. I had the pessaries and miscarriage induced whilst I was in the hospital.

Baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks, sac had continued to grow but only got to 9 weeks gestational size, I was 11 weeks when I went into hospital.

My cycle has not been the same since, I have a lot of midcylce spotting and bleeding, ovulation is happening all over the place (CD15-20) we have been ttc again the whole time and not a single ounce of luck.

Anyone experienced this? Was there some resolve to it?. I'm getting older and its really getting me down.

Sorry to hear about your loss and the troubles you've been having with your cycle since. Of my 6 MC I've had 2 medically managed. The first time I had no issues at all afterwards, but the second (which was my most recent mc, last year) I did have a couple of very strange cycles after the medical management with on/off spotting then heavier bleeding and things just generally feeling not quite right. However, at that point, DH and I had decided not to try again after 3 back-to-back losses, so I ended up going back on the mini-pill for a short time (2 cycles in the end) before we decided to have one last shot at TTC so I came off it.

Since stopping the pill, my cycles have been 25, 32, 31 and 29 days which I know isn't exactly clockwork but I have PCOS so tbh they never are! And I'm definitely ovulating each month as I've been using opks (though some months, I ovulate later than expected, this month, for e.g. it was on day 18 and I've had a positive opk on day 19 before now too.)

I'm not sure if that helps at all but I hope you manage to find some answers and a way forward.

I had a mmc in Jan 2020. I had the surgical management. My experience was similar to yours. My cycles became very irregular with mid cycle bleeding. I think my longest cycle was 87 days. I had some investigations done and the only issue that came up was PCOS. It's not something that had affected my cycles before but I had put on weight with the miscarriage and then lockdown and perhaps my hormones were messed up after the miscarriage. My cycles settled down around Aug 2021 and have been fairly regular since. I suspect because I lost around 20 pounds. I'm still unsuccessfully ttc atm though unfortunately.

I'm sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->