20 week scan - how long and how many people?

This is the bit I find weird. In the uk I have always had my DH in the room with me, but here in Canada I have to go in alone and he can only come in at the very end. I have my anomaly scan on Tuesday and they told me he won't be allowed in til the end again. Part of the reason I am having a private scan after Christmas. I understood at the NT scan as the measurement has to be so accuarate and no distractions are required but thought he could come in with me a this one..... :nope:

They measure every single organ here at the anomaly scan. Everything. It takes a really long time because of it but they also have to make sure they are accurate the same way they do with the NT scan. I've never had my OH allowed to come in for the full scan - it's always at the end and even then they don't guarantee it will be allowed. I've gone to 3 different places for my ultrasound and it was the same as far as OH goes at each one.

Thanks Skadi. I guess it's horses for courses. I had 2 children in England and find the difference staggering, my DH feels terribly left out!. At least I know what to expect on tuesday.

Oh and my OH was allowed in the entire time. There was also the sonographer and a senior consultant (who only moments before had her hand inside me :wacko: :lol:)

Mine was about 30-45 minutes. Baby was cooperative up until the end, so it went pretty smoothly. And it was only me and OH. He was allowed in the whole time. All of our scans were just us, because we think it's a special bonding time for us as the parents :)

Thanks Skadi. I guess it's horses for courses. I had 2 children in England and find the difference staggering, my DH feels terribly left out!. At least I know what to expect on tuesday.

My OH feels left out too at scans, I felt so bad at this last one because he had to sit in the waiting room for so long. He said it was worth the wait though to see her even for just 5 minutes! :)

Ours are 45 minutes and they only let one person besides you into the room. So if you want dh in there you can't have anyone else. He was allowed in the entire time.

I had a level 2 ultrasound on Tuesday at a different hospital and it took about an hour. They had the same rules ( 1 person only, but was allowed in the whole time.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->