20 week scan question

mummyb1

Reaction score
I have my 20 week scan on the 18th April and I really want to know the sex of the baby but do I ask before they start the scan or do they usually ask you if they can tell ?

Bit of a random question but I have heard sometimes they ask you and other times they don't say anything unless you ask them, how did everyone else's go?

When I went she asked beforehand whether I wanted to know, but if you go and they don't ask you just tell them you would to know :flower:

Thank you, I wasn't to sure how I went about it and I was getting myself all in a tizz thinking about how to ask haha what a doughnut thanks again :)

The lady who did mine didn't ask if we wanted to know. She asked what we were hoping for. I said boy and OH said said girl, to which she replied ''well it's a boy.'' Lol. It just depends on the ultrasound tech. I'd mention in the beginning that you would like to know. Just so she is aware. :)

I was asked if I wanted to know, but just ask anyway when you go in :) my OH did, but got told I had to want to know x

Aww that's cute and a nice way of telling you, I will just as you say try and make them aware at the begining that I would like to know and see how it goes from there if not I think I may just blurt out please tell me the gender lol thank you :D

I was asked if I wanted to know, but just ask anyway when you go in :) my OH did, but got told I had to want to know x

Thank you I hope they do ask but if not I will just ask them haha oh I am sure that OH will say something if I don't impaitent men :haha:

when she was doing measurements i asked if she could check the sex, then she just said "i'll have a look for you in a moment" and then zoomed into his willy and said it was a little boy :haha:

if you don't want to know i'd just say at the beginning just incase they do tell you, if you want to find out then i'd just ask when you feel comfortable :flower:

I asked flat out at the beginning of the scan, I just wanted to make sure I found out, adamant me :haha:

I'd make sure you say before the start of the scan just so the sonographer is aware. I've heard of stories where the sex has been revealed the parents didn't want to know but weren't asked if they wanted to know, they were told, so make sure you say just in case you're not told.

here we have to say beforehand cause we have to sign a form to find out

when she was doing measurements i asked if she could check the sex, then she just said "i'll have a look for you in a moment" and then zoomed into his willy and said it was a little boy :haha:

if you don't want to know i'd just say at the beginning just incase they do tell you, if you want to find out then i'd just ask when you feel comfortable :flower:

Thank you I will make sure I ask I'm sure if I don't ask OH will beat me to it he is more impaitent than me haha I so can't wait to find out :)

I asked flat out at the beginning of the scan, I just wanted to make sure I found out, adamant me :haha:

:haha: That's a good idea actaully so then they are fully aware that I want to know otherwise I will be asking every 2 seconds do you know what it is yet I think I need to be paitent but it's driving me mad not knowing, thank you :)

I'd make sure you say before the start of the scan just so the sonographer is aware. I've heard of stories where the sex has been revealed the parents didn't want to know but weren't asked if they wanted to know, they were told, so make sure you say just in case you're not told.

Thank you I think I'll be letting them know at the start when I had my 12 week scan the lady asked if I would be finding out at the next scan I said yes I can't wait but the chances of me having the same lady again is highly doubtful so I will make sure to let them know :)

here we have to say beforehand cause we have to sign a form to find out

Oh really that's a good thing to have to do so then if people don't want to know they won't slip up or anything.

:haha: That's a good idea actaully so then they are fully aware that I want to know otherwise I will be asking every 2 seconds do you know what it is yet I think I need to be paitent but it's driving me mad not knowing, thank you :)

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure tbh. &yeah I'm having a little boy, he wasn't shy to show us that :haha: aww bless ya I know the feeling, I felt like a kid on christmas the day before my scan, I actually barely slept! It'll come round soon enough don't you worry :)

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure tbh. &yeah I'm having a little boy, he wasn't shy to show us that :haha: aww bless ya I know the feeling, I felt like a kid on christmas the day before my scan, I actually barely slept! It'll come round soon enough don't you worry :)

Oh yeah I know what you mean, aww did you have a little flasher :haha: I bet you can't wait for him to get here now I love the name you have picked to it's really cute that's another reason I can't wait to start name picking! haha aww that's always the way it's so exciting I bet I will be like that to with my 12 week scan I was like a headless chicken god knows what I will be like before this one. Oh I hope so please hurry up 18th April :D

Oh yeah I know what you mean, aww did you have a little flasher :haha: I bet you can't wait for him to get here now I love the name you have picked to it's really cute that's another reason I can't wait to start name picking! haha aww that's always the way it's so exciting I bet I will be like that to with my 12 week scan I was like a headless chicken god knows what I will be like before this one. Oh I hope so please hurry up 18th April :D

I sure did, naughty little boy, hope he doesn't continue that when he grows up! :haha: I really can't, I've never been so excited for something, I'm not even scared of labour, I just want him to get here already!
Aww, thankyou hun! Its fun choosing names but harder than you'd think, I spent forever picking my mans name, must've gone through just about every boys name ever! :haha:
Aww bless ya, I bet you can't. It is mega exciting! I can assure you it will come around quicker than you think :)

I sure did, naughty little boy, hope he doesn't continue that when he grows up! :haha: I really can't, I've never been so excited for something, I'm not even scared of labour, I just want him to get here already!
Aww, thankyou hun! Its fun choosing names but harder than you'd think, I spent forever picking my mans name, must've gone through just about every boys name ever! :haha:
Aww bless ya, I bet you can't. It is mega exciting! I can assure you it will come around quicker than you think :)

Hahaaa yes "Caleb your mummy doesn't mind you flashing in there but she would appreciate when you come out you don't show all the ladies your crown jewels" :haha: Oh I can imagin I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is going though I remember when I first signed up on here I don't think you was that far along now you only have a number of weeks left! :happydance: I bet it doesn't feel like it has for you though does it, are you not ? you'r brave I am a little bit scared but I think the closer I get the more scared I will get I am a big baby. That's okay it's really lovely oh I know we have already been looking a few but I know that as soon as I know what it is I will change my mind a thousand times I can't even decide as it is haha. Oh I am hoping so :)

With DS they were in the middle of the scan and I asked if the sonographer could tell the sex. He said 'have a guess' and I said girl, he zoomed in on his willy and said nope it's a little boy!

Hahaaa yes "Caleb your mummy doesn't mind you flashing in there but she would appreciate when you come out you don't show all the ladies your crown jewels" :haha: Oh I can imagin I can't believe how quickly your pregnancy is going though I remember when I first signed up on here I don't think you was that far along now you only have a number of weeks left! :happydance: I bet it doesn't feel like it has for you though does it, are you not ? you'r brave I am a little bit scared but I think the closer I get the more scared I will get I am a big baby. That's okay it's really lovely oh I know we have already been looking a few but I know that as soon as I know what it is I will change my mind a thousand times I can't even decide as it is haha. Oh I am hoping so :)

Hit the nail on the head! :haha:
I know, can't believe I've only got 11 and a bit weeks until my due date, that's crazy! The first 20 weeks flew by but its started to slow down recently. Hoping that leaving everything to the last minute like I have with make the last weeks go quicker! Haven't even started setting up my room and that! :| not sure if that was a good idea of not :haha:
Nah, I think I'd be a little more worried if he decided he was gonna stay in there! Aww bless ya, well its only 1 day hopefully and it'll totally be worth it afterwards! :)
I know that feeling, I had all my names set out until I found out and then I was like noo that's not his name :haha: what names have you got in mind?
I'll be looking out for your update now, I'm excited for you! I expect a post asap once you find out ;)

Hit the nail on the head! :haha:
I know, can't believe I've only got 11 and a bit weeks until my due date, that's crazy! The first 20 weeks flew by but its started to slow down recently. Hoping that leaving everything to the last minute like I have with make the last weeks go quicker! Haven't even started setting up my room and that! :| not sure if that was a good idea of not :haha:
Nah, I think I'd be a little more worried if he decided he was gonna stay in there! Aww bless ya, well its only 1 day hopefully and it'll totally be worth it afterwards! :)
I know that feeling, I had all my names set out until I found out and then I was like noo that's not his name :haha: what names have you got in mind?
I'll be looking out for your update now, I'm excited for you! I expect a post asap once you find out ;)

Haha! God when you say it like that it just shows how fast it has come around little Caleb will be here before you know it. That sounds like a good idea to me I didn't even think of that it will give you things to do for the last few weeks no I think it's a good idea :)
Haha yeah that's true they must come out, yeah I am kind of in a weird way looking forward to labour to experience what it really feels like that makes me sound like a right weirdo :haha: Oh no I am worried that will be the case with me I will have to get the baby name books out again! but it all paid off because you found a lovely one I have a few for a girl my favourite is Layla and I also really like Evie & Marnie but I have been told no to Marnie :| and boys I have Harrison, Harley & Riley but someone I know just found out she's having a boy and is calling him Riley so I can't have that one either :dohh: back to the drawing board for me I think. Aww thank you! don't you worry as soon as I find out I will update you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->