20 weeks, no movement *In the clear!!*

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So I'm 20 weeks today. In my previous pregnancies ive always been able to feel baby by 15 weeks. This time I'm feeling nothing. A few weeks back I felt flutters but I don't even feel that anymore. My consultant was worried last week so did a quick scan, there was a lovely strong heartbeat but she even commented that he seemed very quiet but she said obviously the 20 week scan would be able to make sure baby was ok properly. Earlier this week my midwife popped in to check on me, I told her what was happening and she proceeded to tell me horror stories of what could be wrong with baby. She even refused to book my next appointment as in her words 'something doesn't seem right'. I of course asked her to leave and made a complaint but I'm terrified now. My scan isn't till Thursday and all im doing is crying
:(

That's absolutely awful! I'm sorry, I have no advice but can't believe that a "professional" would act like that! I have my fingers crossed for you, that baby had a strong heartbeat that means something :hugs:

How cruel of her, I'm so sorry! Can you phone and see if they'll do your scan sooner? If you've only had a quick scan though, baby might just have been sleepy then? I know at my 20 week scan with my first, she barely moved at all. Came out perfectly healthy though. Do you know where your placenta is? If it's anterior that might explain why you don't feel any movement. Best of luck for your scan but try not to panic until then!

Oh hunni dont let that evil witch worry you I'm sure he is doing just fine in there, do you know where your placenta is? With DS it was anterior and I never felt hardly any movement at all

Thanks all. It's low, partially covering the cervix. I was hopeful it was possibly blocking me feeling him but consultant said it's unlikely :(

What horrible 'care' you've received doesn't seem at all professional :( I see your history as well you would think they would be more sensitive and get you checked out asap. I really hope that it's just that baby was sleepy on the scan and it is still early days in terms of movement, if I remember rightly it's past 26 weeks they say to be concerned when you aren't feeling regular movement. Hope they can maybe pull your scan forward for you if not I hope the next few days goes super quick til you can get checked. Thinking of you xx

Oh my word that is absolutely shocking!! I can't believe the midwife would come out and say that to you. Keeping everything crossed for your scan on Thursday xx

Thank you all, They can't move my scan forward unfortunatly. Fully booked till my appointment. I just wish wish the days would pass a little quicker. I'm holding onto the hope that he's just in a position that means im not feeling him. Although the midwife saying 'it's not right' and 'of course he should be moving regularly by now, there's probably something not right there' just just playing over and over in my head. I'm kinda worrying that there is something wrong and the comsultant was just too polite to say. Unlike my ex midwife who clearly has no issue saying exactly what she thinks. Just really want my little boy to be ok :(

Bubs is probably fine...some doctors really need to get better beside manners.

This all seems so odd and obviously horrible. I didn't feel my son move until a little later, probably between 20 and 21 Week and with this one I was doubting what I was feeling and that was at 19 weeks so not far from where you are. I can't imagine how unsettled you feel, what a crap midwife. For someone to say something like that and then not give you the chance to make sure everything is OK right then and there is awful.

So had our scan. Baby looks fine, but he barely moved again. And the consultant is worried as its the third scan with barely any movement. Even after sending me outside to move around and have a drink he still hasn't moved. Thry said they can't see anything wrong with him, placenta is fine, healthy normal heartbeat. He just isn't moving. So now I have to be scanned every two weeks until they work out what's going on. I don't know how to feel. Does anyone have any advice or been through similar? I just want my boy to be ok.

No advice, no experience. There are some neuromuscular defects that could be at play. A normal anatomy and heartbeat are great signs though. It could rule out any syndromes. Is the baby swallowing or thumb sucking? Both those would be great to see and could indicate that baby is just chill. My second definitely is less rambunctious in utero than the first.

Hang in there. Thought and prayers!

No advice, no experience. There are some neuromuscular defects that could be at play. A normal anatomy and heartbeat are great signs though. It could rule out any syndromes. Is the baby swallowing or thumb sucking? Both those would be great to see and could indicate that baby is just chill. My second definitely is less rambunctious in utero than the first.

Hang in there. Thought and prayers!

Thank you! They said he swallowed whilst they were scanning so im taking that as a good sign. I'm trying not to panic but it's very difficult. It's the not knowing that's upsetting me the most. At least if I knew that was wrong I could make a plan and deal with it.

Hugs honey.
I'll say prayers just resting and alls fine xx
Giant hugs xx
A good heartbeat and swallowing r both brill xx

They said he swallowed whilst they were scanning so im taking that as a good sign.

Swallowing is a fantastic sign as is diaphragm movements. That may rule out the worst of the neuromuscular disorders. I work in the field of mouse genetics and read a lot about prenatal defects. Hold onto the positive signs until there is more to worry about.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

They said he swallowed whilst they were scanning so im taking that as a good sign.

Swallowing is a fantastic sign as is diaphragm movements. That would rule out the worst of the neuromuscular disorders. I work in the field of mouse genetics and read a lot about prenatal defects. Hold onto the positive signs until there is more to worry about.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your advice. You have really given me some reassurance.

praying for your little boy hun ... and Im glad Nikko can be of help to you if you have any more questions all will be well

I have no experience, but sending much love, hope everything is OK.

How frustrating! No experience here, but I do wonder what they may be concerned about? I thought it was normal for some babies to be more laid back than others. My baby has seemed pretty chill at both of her ultrasounds. I'm feeling her some now, but not a lot and I really have to lay still and concentrate.

I hope that you get some answers soon and that everything turns out to be okay. I can understand that the not knowing would be the worst. I'm sorry. :( Definitely thinking of you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->