20 weeks, no movement *In the clear!!*

How frustrating! No experience here, but I do wonder what they may be concerned about? I thought it was normal for some babies to be more laid back than others. My baby has seemed pretty chill at both of her ultrasounds. I'm feeling her some now, but not a lot and I really have to lay still and concentrate.

I hope that you get some answers soon and that everything turns out to be okay. I can understand that the not knowing would be the worst. I'm sorry. :( Definitely thinking of you. :hugs:

They are concerned as he isn't moving at all. Even after exercises to move him he still hasn't changed position. They didn't record any fetal movements during this scan at all and the last two scans only minimal movement was recorded. To start with it was put down to him sleeping/resting but now they are concerned as to why he doesn't move. Im not feeling any movement at all either. That's why they are repeating scans to try and see if he can move and is just a relaxed baby or that he can't move signalling a defect of some kind. I just hope all is ok, I literally can't cope with losing another baby :(

How frustrating! No experience here, but I do wonder what they may be concerned about? I thought it was normal for some babies to be more laid back than others. My baby has seemed pretty chill at both of her ultrasounds. I'm feeling her some now, but not a lot and I really have to lay still and concentrate.

I hope that you get some answers soon and that everything turns out to be okay. I can understand that the not knowing would be the worst. I'm sorry. :( Definitely thinking of you. :hugs:

They are concerned as he isn't moving at all. Even after exercises to move him he still hasn't changed position. They didn't record any fetal movements during this scan at all and the last two scans only minimal movement was recorded. To start with it was put down to him sleeping/resting but now they are concerned as to why he doesn't move. Im not feeling any movement at all either. That's why they are repeating scans to try and see if he can move and is just a relaxed baby or that he can't move signalling a defect of some kind. I just hope all is ok, I literally can't cope with losing another baby :(

Oh wow. That's so scary. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. I can't imagine how stressful this must be considering your previous losses. Was there something found with your other Angel babies that might provide any insight as to what may be causing the issue with your son? Did they do any testing after your previous losses?

I really wish I had some answers. I'm heartbroken that you're having to worry about this. :(

Oh wow. That's so scary. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. I can't imagine how stressful this must be considering your previous losses. Was there something found with your other Angel babies that might provide any insight as to what may be causing the issue with your son? Did they do any testing after your previous losses?

I really wish I had some answers. I'm heartbroken that you're having to worry about this. :(

I have a blood clotting disorder but I'm on medication for that. Have two fragmin injections a day and asprin. I lost tabitha due to catching rubella though. It just makes no sense. Feel like I'm just not meant to have babies. Just have to wait and see what happens at the next scan.

Huge hugs xx
I'm hoping Drs r being over cautious due to your history
And all will be ok xxx
So unfair ur going through this
If anyone deserves plain sailing in preg, its you
Hugs xx
Can u ring them and get scan sooner
U must be feeling awful
When u use Doppler do u ever hear kicking
I don't feel much from bub
But I hear the kicks on the doppler
If u think it would make u worry more
Don't use it
But might be worth a try
Xxx

I think because you have the clotting disorder (like me) they are paying extra attention xxxxx The concern would be reduced blood flow to the baby, did they do a doppler scan?

I think because you have the clotting disorder (like me) they are paying extra attention xxxxx The concern would be reduced blood flow to the baby, did they do a doppler scan?

The consultant moved me to a different ultrasound machine to check to blood flow through the placenta and they said it was normal. Although I will be checked again in more detail in the next scan. It's just so confusing as he measures perfectly, there's no obvious issues, I'm hoping this is just one big scare and he's ok.

The consultant moved me to a different ultrasound machine to check to blood flow through the placenta and they said it was normal. Although I will be checked again in more detail in the next scan. It's just so confusing as he measures perfectly, there's no obvious issues, I'm hoping this is just one big scare and he's ok.

If his growth is great, blood flow is great i can't see what the problem would be, i can understand your confusion, perhaps he is just relaxed?! He wasn't completely still, like you said he gulped xxxx i wouldn't panic xxxx

Oh yes and that is the doppler, i would ask to always have the blood flow checked when you are scanned xxxx They always do it for me xxx

Oh yes and that is the doppler, i would ask to always have the blood flow checked when you are scanned xxxx They always do it for me xxx

Thank you, will make sure I ask xx

What a stressful situation for you :( I see last post was 30th June, have you started to feel any movement this week? Xx

This is so bizarre ! I hope he's just a quiet little guy and there's nothing wrong . It seems to be a good sign that everything looks okay and they can't "find " anything wrong though .
Hope everything is okay <3

What a scary situation...
I do not have experience, but when my sister was pregnant 5 years ago with her daughter, she had similar problem... including the issue that babies head was all the way up in her rib cage. Doctors were really concerned about lack of movement and position. Baby came out all healthy and happy... and active as ever...
Hope it will all be okay for you.:hugs:

Thanks all. Decided to get a private scan for a second opinion at a private hospital. It's tomorrow at 10.30. I don't know if I'm being silly and deluding myself but I just have a feeling everything is ok. If at tomorrow's scan the results are the same but they can't find any answers why we have decided we will go fully private for my antenatal care so baby gets the best treatment possible. As much as im grateful for the nhs it needs a lot of work in our part of the country. IF there is something wrong I can't just wait it out with fortnightly scans, I want to know what's wrong with him and what it will mean as soon as possible. Im trying to stay positive though. I just really feel he's ok.

Thanks all. Decided to get a private scan for a second opinion at a private hospital. It's tomorrow at 10.30. I don't know if I'm being silly and deluding myself but I just have a feeling everything is ok. If at tomorrow's scan the results are the same but they can't find any answers why we have decided we will go fully private for my antenatal care so baby gets the best treatment possible. As much as im grateful for the nhs it needs a lot of work in our part of the country. IF there is something wrong I can't just wait it out with fortnightly scans, I want to know what's wrong with him and what it will mean as soon as possible. Im trying to stay positive though. I just really feel he's ok.

Good luck, I hope everything is okay. I've got my fingers crossed.

Thinking of you. All the very best for your scan tomorrow!

What a stressful situation for you :( I see last post was 30th June, have you started to feel any movement this week? Xx

I'm sure I felt a few tiny little flutters the day before yesterday. I know it's not much and everyone is dismissing it but I know what a baby moving feels like and I'm sure it was him. im really hoping its a good sign :)

What a scary situation...
I do not have experience, but when my sister was pregnant 5 years ago with her daughter, she had similar problem... including the issue that babies head was all the way up in her rib cage. Doctors were really concerned about lack of movement and position. Baby came out all healthy and happy... and active as ever...
Hope it will all be okay for you.:hugs:

Thank you! This makes me feel much better!

Thanks all. Decided to get a private scan for a second opinion at a private hospital.

I hope it goes well. Any movement, however slight, is better than none. Thinking of you and yours.

That's such a promising sign that you have felt some flutters, maybe just maybe it's been bad luck and coincidence that he's been asleep at scans and that maybe he is actually moving you are just only starting to feel him! Let's hope so xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->