2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

X Factor repeated on itv at 245 today!! Thank goodness cos I missed it too :rofl:

Hold off buying mat bras for as long as you can... maybe get one 2 cup sizes bigger than usual if you really want to buy one now, but they change SO much- I went up about 4 cup sizes when my milk came in but now they have settled down to 1 cup size bigger. Just live in the nursing vests at first till the milk comes in and you can get out to buy bras! You'll want easy access to the boobies anyway :haha:

Thanks Yas! DH found it repeated last night on ITV2 and taped it for me - yay!:happydance:

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! Its boiling here already, so I've shut the curtains and am staying indoors until this afternoon when I'll be forced to go outside for my BIL's party... (I'm SO much fun at the moment!!:haha:).

Baby moved in the night and felt so much lower, every time it moved the pain in my back and down there made me jump, but it seems to be back to normal this morning :shrug:

Lydia - It's nice here too....nothing much planned as hubby is working his last weekend in a while. So me and Jac are off to my parents for lunch after his nap.

Ann/Lydia - I feel mean but glad i'm not the only one who wants the baby evicting LOL

Hubby is supposed to be on 2pm-10pm shift this week, but he's booked tomorrow off as it's my birthday. Nothing really planned and dont really expect/want anythign as we've just bought a laptop so we really need to watch the pennies. Just looking forward to spending the day with my 2 boys before we turn into a family of four :cloud9: Then after tomorrow he'll work tues/weds and then he'll be off for 4 weeks :happydance::happydance:

Also trying to figure out what we'll do with Jac. Think will get my parents to look fter him thursday for us....as i wont know till wednesday what time to go in. At least then they can bring him to hospital for us. I'm thikning of putting him in nursery Friday afternoon as having him in hopsiptal all afternoon will be too much for both him and us as he doesn't sit still and is into everything. It sounds pretty mean but i think hubby can get him nearer tea time and bring him to hospital for a few hours then. Im sort of dreading it cos i'll miss him loads...and im crying now as i think about it....:cry: It'll be the first time ill have spent the night without my precious little boy :cry:

xx
xxx

Moggy - I've been bouncing away! :thumbup: I'm feeling a bit odd today though, absolutely drained, but I think thats probably because I had such a busy day yesterday? Just made myself a cuppa, having a slice of egg custard tart :blush: and then will try to have a little snooze :sleep: (have managed to get tidying up done already, so won't feel too guilty).

Claire - agreed - its nice to know its not just me!! :thumbup: It will be so lovely to have your DH there for 4 whole weeks - I bet you haven't had that since Jac was born? Don't feel guilty/worry about Jac, he'll be so proud to be grown up being a big brother:cloud9: . Has the baby bought him anything? Perhaps something to take to nursery with him on Friday? Its not mean at all, like you say, he'll be more fed up being stuck in the hospital for hours and hours :hugs:

Aww Claire that must be hard with Jac but like Mrsmils says think how excited he'll be when he knows his little brother or sister is on their way! And as for being sick of being pregnant I just want him out! I'm going to go for a walk today as did some walking yesterday and now constantly feel like I've got trapped wind/constipation but no matter what comes out it doesn't go away! Still no baby over night.. grr.

Thanks for the tips re the nursing vest. I already bought a couple of nursing bras that are slightly too big. My boobs don't seem to have changed much so I doubt they'll increase too much but even if they do, hopefully I can make use out of them once they settle down. Will get some nursing vests though. Thanks again!

Aww I do sympathise ladies - I was really ready to not be pregnant though I felt awful saying it! Soon!!!!

I also got my vests from mothercare - got a couple of sleep bra's too - cropped top type thingies which are nice and comfy :thumbup:

My bra's from the end of preg still seem to fit okay but I don't know if I'm imagining that :haha: they were from M&S so already had nursing straps on their maternity bra's too :thumbup:

Sounds like a nice weekend in general ladies - we had x-factor on here as well as the in-laws came round yest. They were stars - FIL helped hubby with finishing DIY touches, and MIL cleaned for me - I felt guilty when she said go and have a nap :haha:

I hope you all have bump pics before your babies arrive??? I remember frantically taking one on the morning of induction!!!

Not long now - as you say towards the end it gets hard to not feel bad that you want them out, you wait so long then when you finally can have them they dont come out :dohh:

Vests are fab! I put mine on just after Moglet goes to bed about 7.15 and its soo comfy, keep it on for bed and night feeds then swap back to feeding bra after shower next morning.

Off to House of Baby this afternoon, just for a nose and to get Mogster to have a sleep in the car, seeing if he is less tired whether he will be a little more relaxed later on.....he is doing so well given he is only just 3 but its gonna be hard work when OH goes back to work on wednesday :wacko:

Will report back later but we are gonna have a good ole nose and see some back carriers, know what you mean though Claire about buying stuff, least this time once we outgrow the pram etc we can sell them on as we arent planning any more little people, have already got loads of tiny baby boy stuff as Moglet is fast approaching 11lbs! MW tomorrow so we will have a final weigh in before our discharge to HV (even though we have already seen her, something to do with targets:wacko:!)

Ooh and final :wohoo: :yipee: Moglets cord stump finally made a break for it this morning, nappy change in early hours left us with no stump and a hunt in his sleep suit to find it and the attached clamp :haha: Cant believe how long it hung on for, Mogster lost his after less than a week, Moglet will be a fortnight old tomorrow!

Hope all going well with you still Brig, cant wait to hear P has arrived! :hugs:

Have you all got mobiles for your LO's? The reason for asking is that mobiles don't fit on our cot, so the only way to have a mobile would be to attach it to the wall. Or alternatively to get one of them wind-up toys that play music. But they probably don't play as long as a mobile would. How long do you use a mobile for? :shrug:

...Decisions, decisions...

Pip - we were given a musical thingy that shines lights (it's a pooh bear one) on the ceiling IYKWIM (great description :dohh:) which straps to the cot rather than a mobile?

Moggy - enjoy house of baby :thumbup: we are going to a sling meet on Thurs to try some carriers / wraps :happydance:

Going for a coffee afternoon tomorrow too with some ladies from our local netmums, looking forward to it as I hadn't previously known many locals since we moved!

HV coming this AM for follow up visit hope she weighs chubber! :flower:

Happy Monday ladies!

Happy Birthday Claire!!!!:cake:

I hope you have a lovely day. Only 3 more sleeps!!! :happydance:

Costgang - is today the day? If so - all the best, I hope everything goes smoothly, we look forward to hearing news!! :happydance:

Woohoo - our first girl!!! Congratulations Brig - I'm so delighted you've finally got to meet her!!!! xxx

Happy Birthday Claire!!!

Happy Birthday (for yesterday) for Peyton!! Yey... go Brigitte!!

Sarah, good luck hun.

Still no baby here. Going mad with impatience and still could have weeks to go. So jealous of you ladies with dates. x

Aww Ann, I know how you feel :hugs: Your body is giving you all the right signs though (far more than I'm getting!), I really hope he decides to make his appearance this week.

Thanks lovely lady. I hope so, I just worry all these signs are in my head! lol

Oh Pip, re the mobile, we've got the same thing as P&F although I've been reliably informed that a friend is getting us a mobile which will probably go above the changing table to keep him entertained whilst we do his nappies. x

Morning ladies. Great news on Brig and little Peyton.

Happy Birthday, Claire! Hope you are having a great day! :cake:

I think Costgangs induction is tomorrow.

Still not sure what to do about the mobile. Has anyone got a link to the light thing that can be strapped to the cot, so I can have a look what else is out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->