2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

:wave::wave: Hello!!!!

A little more about myself then... I'm 26, have been married nearly two years to a chef (who of course will be meeting my every craving whim over the next few months!!). I'm a lawyer, but hoping that I can just be a mummy for a bit.

Amazingly this was our first month of trying (DH is rather proud of his little swimmers :blush:), so I'm feeling very lucky, but so scared as its so early. I can't wait to feel a little more secure about it all - I particularly can't wait to start shopping!

Looking forward to getting to know you all! :happydance:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :hugs:

And welcome MrsMils. :flower:

char, it is lovely to meet you in here too since we hadn't heard from you for a bit.

DeDe, I am so glad we can all be together too. And I am sure penguin will do a brilliant job running this thread.

Char63, I've decided not to find out the sex but soon regretted that decision when I realised I couldn't find a neutral buggy that I liked!! Hahah but to overcome it, i'm just gonna buy the car seat before baby gets here and the buggy a few days after :D

Penguin, the last 3 weeks have been soooooo slow for me since I found out, I feel like i've been pregnant for a lot longer than three weeks!! But it's such an exciting milestone every week... 6 weeks felt a LOT more pregnant than 5, and 7 a lot more than 6, and so on!! :hugs:

Thanks penguin77.. it's so silly how excited I got about moving up one box.. I can't wait to do it again!! lol

So are you ladies all looking at prams etc? I guess I'm just so scared that something will go wrong that I haven't even thought about it although.. I have to admit, I've been looking at maternity clothes already!! lol.. I'm just so bloated at the moment and a nice big elasticated waist band sounds like heaven to me right now!!! lol

Hi MrsMils! Welcome to the thread.

I'm so excited about sharing this experience with all you lovely ladies!

xx

Oh and of course.. congratulations Piperette!! Whoo hoo!! xx

Thanks penguin77.. it's so silly how excited I got about moving up one box.. I can't wait to do it again!! lol

So are you ladies all looking at prams etc? I guess I'm just so scared that something will go wrong that I haven't even thought about it although.. I have to admit, I've been looking at maternity clothes already!! lol.. I'm just so bloated at the moment and a nice big elasticated waist band sounds like heaven to me right now!!! lol

Hi MrsMils! Welcome to the thread.

I'm so excited about sharing this experience with all you lovely ladies!

xx

I've had a sneaky look at maternity clothes too - wondering whether to try and get some sales bargains, but there's no way I want to jinx things at the moment!

I got a bit excited when I was bloated last night - felt a bit ridiculous stood there looking sideways at my bloated belly, but it felt nice to know that hopefully in a couple of months it should start to turn into the real thing!! :happydance:

I know! Before when ever I was bloated I would try and hide it but now I'm letting it hang out for my oh to see!! I love seeing my big fat belly!! xx

Tee hee - I made my DH prod my belly last night, I'm loving not holding it in - for the first time ever I really don't care!!

It's great isn't it?! I'm not looking forward to going back to work though and having to hold it in. I might just say I ate a lot of turkey!! x

LOL!! MrsMils and Fish&Chips I am doing the exact same thing!! :laugh2:
I am constantly standing in our hallway (which has a huge mirrior at the end) and stare at my bloated belly from the side...not trying one bit to suck it in. But I said the same thing to my DH...how the heck will I hide this for another 2 months at work!?? ALSO, I did in fact buy 2 pairs of maternity pants yesterday that were 50% discount. That big stretchy band was calling to me...I couldn't stand to have my jeans dig into my belly any longer!

Also, I feel the need to mention that I'm a little amused that I just finished reading the Shopaholic series this summer or else I would have No clue what you all were talking about when saying things like loo, or pram or flushes!! :blush:

xx

I have officially given up on my jeans!! No bump or bloating really, it's just so tender round there! For work I dug out my black summer linen trousers and wore them with leggings underneath (cos I was freezing!!) as they were the only smartish non-tight things I owned!!

I confess, I have bought two packs of BIG KNICKERS from M&S. And I am soooooooo glad I did!! Goodbye, sexy french knickers, HELLO cotton maternity comfy pants!!!:happydance:

Oooh, Mrs Mils, just noticed your hubby is a chef! Lucky you!!! :thumbup:

morning all,im going into work today,to sort out my hours for when my mat leave ends in april,and to tell them i wont be around long:haha::haha:

Wishing4bfp .. have you started wearing the jeans? I would love a pair but just don't want to tempt fate. My jeans are making me feel queezy as the dig in so much at the moment. Also what is the Shopaholic series?

Ooohh Jetters.. comfy pants. That's such a good idea. I've only been wearing my big pants recently but maybe I should invest in some more as only have thongs left!!!

Wow Costgang.. I didn't realise how close your two babies are going to be!! Let us know how it goes at work! xx

I am all about the comfy pants at the moment - have ordered some cheeky maternity jeans in the Next sale too but more worried I only had one pair of trousers fitting me for work and whether they'll still fit after Christmas :haha:

Costgang wow they will be really close together!!!

Well today I've actually got to get some housework done or DH will be grumpy when he gets home :nope: Never mind the fact that he was snoring stupidly loudly last night so I've not slept yet :dohh:

I think as long as I do the dishwasher......and put away the laundry.....it will look like lots has been done :rofl: :haha:

Such a sloth at the moment! Really don't fancy going back to work on Monday :haha: Anyone doing anything nice for New Years?

I've become so lazy!! I just can't be bothered to do anything but research my pregnancy!! Whoops.

New Years there are about 10 of us going over to a friends. I have no idea how I'm going to survive as well as keep the bean a secret. I'll be asleep by 9.30am!! x

work was a waste of time,stupid boss not in til 2,so gotta go back later,what a joke

Oooh, Mrs Mils, just noticed your hubby is a chef! Lucky you!!! :thumbup:

Yup - I don't eat too badly!! :munch: The only trouble is he works very anti-social hours, so we don't see too much of each other! (Perhaps thats why we get one so well....?!)

I had my first doctors appointment today, she was absolutely lovely, but nothing much to report, she just checked that I was taking the right vitamins/eating well/not overdoing things etc. Have booked my first midwife appointment - which just happens to be on our anniversary, so that will be lovely! Is this the same kind of thing that you all had at your first appointment? She didn't want to do/check anything - not even blood pressure...?

She also dated me a bit further along - at 5 weeks (due 1st September), but I think that because I usually have a longer cycle (32 days), I'm a few days later than that. I guess we'll have a better idea when we have a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->