2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

YAY!! I'm so happy that we've all started looking at baby related stuff!!! :happydance: I am also starting to think that no matter what you say or think or buy...it will have no impact on the pregnancy in the end. Not sure why we think we'll "jinx" things!?

Fish&Chips: Yes! I am all the way in Ontario Canada! Here we call prams strollers! O:)

BTW...I just posted a question in the forum asking everyone's opinions on midwives vs. OB...and I got an answer suggesting I watch the film "The Business of Being Born". I am watching it online right now and suggest it to all of you...how very enlightening!!

xx

Really? I'll look it up now. Can't wait to buy some maternity clothes!!!

Hi Ladies,

I can not believe how busy you guys have been since my last post:dohh:.

I am glad that you guys said what prams mean. I kinda of figured what you were talking about, but I wanted to be certain. I'm from the US and some words and phrases, I can guess and others I can't. We call them strollers as well.

I have looked at some maternity clothes, but haven't bought any yet. I will probably be buying some soon as my pants were tight already :haha:.

I had my first doc appt. last week and they checked my blood pressure, weight, did an hcg beta test, and prescribed me some vitamins. I went back in on today to check my hcg beta levels to make sure they were doubling. I have those results by the end of the day.

I haven't told my boss at work yet as we have one lady going out in April for maternity leave and we are already short staff. I will have to tell her soon, because we have to go carry heavy boxes and I won't be doing that :nope:.

Right now, I don't have anything planned for NYE. Will most likely be in church.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Fish&Chips- Glad i could help in encouraging you to buy clothes:haha: Don't blame you for keeping the pregnancy quiet....it'll make so much difference having a permanent contract.:thumbup:

MrsMils- Welcome hun :hugs: I'm looking forward to having them close together even though it'll be hard work...as they can play together while growing up....but i do have a wave of guilt someimes as i think i might be makign Jac lose out as he'll have to share me so soon iykwim :shrug: but i know that's daft.....

Pinkandfluffy- :rofl::rofl: (re jeans) I went into mat trousers at 10 weeks last time....was soooo bloated so that's why i'm getting mine early.....nothing to do with all the chocolates and junk ive eaten over xmas :blush:

wishing4bfp- we dont have a choice so midwife it is for me.... and 1st time round i had a great experience with them on all fronts so i would recommend them.:thumbup:

DeDe80- I ordered my mat apnts the other day...it hink i'll be in mine soon too....xmas hasnt helped :haha:

It's odd that we worry so much about telling employers that we're preggers isnt it.....it shoudlnt be this way but it is.

:hugs:
xx

Can you tell that i love adding the expression icons .....:wacko::flower::winkwink::thumbup::baby::haha::blush::coffee::cry::happydance::hugs::nope: ::sleep::kiss::dohh::cloud9::nope:

:haha::haha:

xxx

MrsMils- Welcome hun :hugs: I'm looking forward to having them close together even though it'll be hard work...as they can play together while growing up....but i do have a wave of guilt someimes as i think i might be makign Jac lose out as he'll have to share me so soon iykwim :shrug: but i know that's daft.....

My sisters boys are just over a year apart, and although she cursed it a lot when they were both very needy, now they are great together and entertain each other. They will only be a year apart at school too which will be lovely. Jac will be sharing you, but will be gaining a best friend for life - so no need to feel guilty!

Can you tell that i love adding the expression icons .....:wacko::flower::winkwink::thumbup::baby::haha::blush::coffee::cry::happydance::hugs::nope: ::sleep::kiss::dohh::cloud9::nope:

:haha::haha:

xxx

You still cracks me up. :rofl::rofl: How are the hot flushes and that one boob doing? :wacko:

Had another hotflush earlier but this is only the 4rth time i think so not as often as i had them with Jac...hubby gets cold so he puts the gas fire up and i'm sweltering in the corner :wacko:
The one boob is still achy sometimes...but it does alternate from one to the other no..... and sometimes both just to keep me on my toes :haha::haha:

xx

My sisters boys are just over a year apart, and although she cursed it a lot when they were both very needy, now they are great together and entertain each other. They will only be a year apart at school too which will be lovely. Jac will be sharing you, but will be gaining a best friend for life - so no need to feel guilty!

Thanks hun...deep down i know it'll be great in the long run.

xx

Hi ladies,

I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Swine Flu jab? Will you be getting it and if so when or have you decided against it?

I don't think so but I need to read up on it. Two of my friends are pregnant and they've both chosen not to after doing lots of research. x

Is that the H1N1 vaccine?

If so I have decided against it...as have many of my friends. I think it would be better to deal with the flu than deal with potential side-effects years down the road. That's just opinion! :)

Oh god, swine flu vac.. my doctor is insisting on it, because I have a heart condition so am a high risk pregnancy anyway... the more i've googled the less sure i've become. :(

I had swine flu last Aug, does that mean I wont get it again?? Im rubbish at knowing that sort of stuff.
My Dr wants me to have the jab anyway cos iim astmatic, but id rather not.
How everyone doing? What symptoms are you all getting?
Im ok apart from sore boobs and a really itchy tummy, slight indegestion. Im not feeling tired at all, I was last time I was pregnant, I hope it holds off.
Im just of to hairdressers x x

You can't get the same strain again but if it changed slightly, you could - I also had it over the summer.

The funny thing is, my doctor/midwife/NO-ONE has mentioned it to me yet! My friend is in the next PCT over and the doctor was straight on her back booking her in when she wasn't really sure.

I feel if I had the vaccine I would wait until after the 12 weeks but I still haven't looked into it enough.......we have got through the start of the snowy cold winter without the crazy figures ill they were expecting so I dunno...:shrug:

Hi ladies,

I don't think I will be getting the swine flu vac either. Really the doc hasn't mention it. But I am so afraid of needles that I just to want to stuck for anything extra. So right now, the vac is out for me.

I don't know about you ladies, but they have taken blood from me like 4 times already and I have to go back on Thursday. I freaks out everything they get close to me with a needle. I try to not act to bad, because dh says that I embarrass him.

Char, are you putting some cream or gel on your stomach to stop the itching?

Penguin, Glad the hot flushes aren't that bad.

I dont understand why my ticker wont work!! ugh, annoying!!
Oh, done it now!!

I would take the vaccine but not before 12 weeks.......i personally ama strong believer in vaccines as a lot of these diseases/virals dont come round much any more because of them (but that's my view) and 3 of my family (high risk) have had it and have been fine.

I'm also more scared of not giving it to Jac...so i'm waiting for the surgery to come back to me on when they start doing under 5s...especially as he's got a cold with a really bad cough now and that's bad enough poor thing :cry:.

Oh...my phil&teds has arrived and am itching to open it but have to wait till hubbys mum has gone home as nobody knows about me being preggers.

x

Good evening ladies,

How is everyone today? Well, I hope.

char, I am not having too many symptoms just yet, some indigestion since I got up this morning and some twinges in my lower abdomen on and off.

Can I ask you ladies another question? I sneezed a few times today and sometimes when sneezing I am getting a sharp pain in my lower abs area. Has anyone else had this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->