2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Oh and sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy Costgang :hugs:

And I had to give up on the pregnacare too!!! Oh my god they are like horse tranquilizers. I struggled on with the omega 3 ones for a while but soon clicked they were making me sick. I got a combination multi vit from Holland and Barratts that isn't for pregnancy, but the pills are tiny so I figured better than nothing... ho hum.

Hey everyone!!! I've missed so much over the last few days!!! I really hope those that are under the weather for illness or feeling gloomy about things start to feel better soon :hugs: So pleased there has been some good news for others - and more to follow with scans coming up!!:happydance:

I made a big step last week - bought my first baby thing!! We went and had a potter around kiddicare and John Lewis on our day off (chose which cot and buggy we want to get), I bought a lovely cream blanket! I was so impressed that I actually managed to buy something as I didn't think I'd be able to bring myself to do it until much later on - I actually cried in the car when I took it out of its packaging, so I know the crazy hormones are really kicking in!!:wacko:

Has everyone got a bit more energy, I'm not sure whether its because I'm in 2nd tri or whether its because it FINALLY feels like spring outside, but I'm finally feeling a bit perkier and haven't got the constant urge to crawl into bed!:thumbup:

F&C, I have some from M&S. They are over the bump ones and are really comfy.

Oh Mrs Mils that is so sweet! It actually brought a tear to my eye! x

F&C Try Red Herring at Debenhams - they do some jean style leggings too as well as fab bump jeans, also next are good and sometimes Blooming Marvellous.

Broke out my over the bump jeans this evening as my normal jeans are starting to droop with the top button undone. Seriously considering buying mat jeans for over bump but in size too small to wear now before the bump gets bigger, is it worth it do you think cos have some over bump ones already but they are little loose on the hips NOW but n a few months who knows???? Never got to the whale stage last time so once we get to startof July will be all new territory for me - bit nervous bout that!

Cant wait to see Moglet again on Tuesday, Mogster is so excited so hoping they let him into the room again, have been convinced boy til now but now wondering if mogster is right and that moglet is a lil lady? Gonna have a listen in later as makes me all gooey to hear the heartbeat, sad puppy that i am I even like to hear the placenta whoosh and the other noises in there. Just eaten chinese and moglet LOVES prawn crackers, normally only want one or two but polished of almost all of them :blush:

Thats me for tonight, off to watch the rest of the match - feel a bit rugby'd out today three matches one after the other outside the world cup is a bit much even for me!

Have a good evening all :flower:

i always said i would never wear over bump jeans but i got some with josh and they are sooooo comfy, gotta get some more this week, and have a lecture from the nusres about those pills,i never had them with josh so i dont see what the big deal is by not taking them, and they are meant to supress your appitite,cant spell, thats prob because they are so big, they fill you up and you got no room for real food:haha:

:wohoo: was listening in to Moglet with the doppler last night with OH and Moglet kept kicking it out of the way - was hilarious and sooo cute.

Rugby was good but bit disappointing cos the ref was CR$P!!!! Missed all the important stuff so wasnt such a fair game to watch, add to that we lost and have to say all the matches were quite disappointing, wish there was another weekend of it as all the teams were finally raising their game - humph!

21 weeks today andgagging to know boy/girl cos want to buy a lil pink something or lil blue something, cliched I know but I wanna and have friends of to Portugal for easter who are going to pic us up a blanket for Moglet, want to get pink/blue depending what flavour...

Mogster running around with a paper aeroplane so gonna resuce my cup of tea....

Have a good day all :hug:

Also, bumpies and flushies, I have a question that I want your HONEST advice on... it is your duty as my buddies to give it to me straight!!

I am half iranian and pretty much all of my close family are Iranian, although we're not muslim. I have a persian name (Yasmin) but it's well used in the western world so I don't stick out at all, and I was born and bred here by my British mum. OH is as British as they come and obviously this babbit will also be an english baby in a english world!!

Aaanyway I would love to have a persian name, just because I wanted something different anyway and unconventional and I think it'll be lovely for my Iranian family. OH is keen as long as it can be easily pronounced, and shortened to a western version.

I have fallen in love with Kiarod- pronounced Kiah-raad. OH likes it too. Bean would probably be known to all except family (at school etc) simply as 'Kia' (key-ahh). What do you all think? Is it TOO different? Is it going to make him stand out too much or seem to weird??

xx

Jetters - I love the name i think its lovely :thumbup:
The only thing to think about (which i have to being welsh too) is people spelling and pronouncing it wrong...will that piss you off and cause problems for you and possibly the little buba in the future.....if that doesnt bother you go for it hun .

xx

there is a Kia in mogsters playschool class.

:wohoo: for halfway!

We find out tomorrow which team we are on - provided Moglet flashes us - he/she is soooo wriggly and kicky these days I am worried we wont even get the anomoly bit done!

RANT WARNING!!!
Please skip over my post if you don't want to read useless bitching!

UGH!! I am so upset right now!!! As some of you may know I have been sick all week. I started a nasty cold last Saturday...the last morning I had to work before March Break. I started feeling a little better mid-week so I did a whole bunch of stuff I needed to get done...but then paid for it because this whole past weekend I felt like shit again. Now it's Monday morning here in Ontario and I have tried to call my boss Three times to let her know I won't be able to come in today because I am still coughing and feeling tired from this cold and guess what...No answer ANY of the times. I left a message at the teaching centre where I work at 8:30am and then another one at 11:20am and called her house right after...but haven't talked to her yet.

Here is where I need to explain a little better. I am a certified teacher here in Ontario, however, in my area it's a little hard to get full time work so most new teachers apply to be on the supply list, which I did last year and I got on...but then found out there are over 500 teachers on the list...so all the teachers I know NEVER get called for work because there are just too many people. Anyway...I decided to take on a full time job last September at a teaching Centre. There we give kids additional help when they are struggling at school...so I work from 12ishpm to about 7-7:30 at night because the kids come after school.

The job sounded fab when I accepted...but it's been a nightmare since. the kids are great...but my boss is never there...seriosuly...my first day on the job...I got there...unlocked the doors with my brand new set of keys and was completely alone until a part-time teacher showed up at like 4. By then I already had students and was completely lost because I had only had a couple hours training the week before. It's been like that ever since...I am the one who does all the phone calls...scheduling...problem fixing...program planning...covering of shifts when people are sick... and I make about one third what a qualified teacher should make. Since September I have called in sick for one Saturday morning shift because I had lost my voice completely...and even then it took forever to get a replacement to go in for me....because we only have 2-3 other girls who work there besides me. I am PRAYING for August to get here so I can go on mat leave and never go back there.

The cherry on top of this problem...I'm not making enough money. :-( Here in ontario we have something called OSAP...Ontario student Assistance Program. They help you by providing funds to attend college or university. Well now that I have finally finished all my schooling (college, university and teacher's program) my loan is due and it's about $40 000. The monthly payments are almost $600 and I can't afford that because I am also paying off bank loans for my last year of study which I didn't get OSAP because according to them my husband and I made too much money. RIGHT! So...I have been sending what I can...but I am 4 months behind on my OSAP loan and it sucks! I have NEVER not payed my bills and it's just so frustrating because I can't up and quite my job to find a better one at almost 17 weeks pregnant!

OK...sorry about that...I just had to get that off my chest. I've just never had such damn trouble calling in sick to work before!!! it's ridiculous! And factored with doing all the work when I am there...boss never being there and not being paid enough...very frustrating!

Hope you ladies are having a better day!

xo

Brig :flower: and :hugs: wish I could offer :wine: but have to settle for ::cake:

Brig :flower: and :hugs: wish I could offer :wine: but have to settle for ::cake:

Lol! Thanks so much...I needed that. :hugs: And I finally got hold of my slacker boss after like the 4th phone call to the office...and of course...she had a reason why she can't stay till 8pm tonight. she is hosting a surprise birthday party. Right! :gun: Anyway, I got another girl yesterday to stay till 8pm tonight so I told her she didn't have to worry her little head!

And I will proceed to try and have a relaxing day and get rid of this cold and cough!
xo

And Yasmin, I'm with Claire on this one. I think people will probably spell the name wrong and pronounce it wrong. Coming from someone who has ALWAYS had her name butchered it can be quite annoying. I'm french so my parents spelled my name the french way Brigitte, but I have seen Brigit, Bridgette, Briget etc..
I'm over it now...but it really got under my skin when I was young...something to think about!

Like Sierra but spelled different? I REALLY like it! again there may be some spelling mistakes...but I think pronouncing it will be fine!!!:thumbup:

Yay for baby purchase MrsMils! I think it is like pringles....once you pop you can't stop, but I too found it daunting buying something :thumbup: Am definitely more energetic - think the weather is certainly having something to do with it feel perky!

Moggy - too cute @ little moglet kicking the doppler :haha: can't wait to hear about your scan!!!!

Jetters - lovely name - agree with Penguin about thinking how people will get it wrong (my name is Lia - normally spelt Leah or Lea - and I get Lisa A LOT - people assume I have spelt my own name wrong!!!! But it is very nice - DH has a cousin called Kia too. If you like it and DH does then stick to your guns :thumbup:

Likewise moggy, like Ceara lovely name, but same health warning lol - I am one of the grumpy guts always spelling my name to people :haha:

Hope that has come out right ladies - I must admit, have had a lot of comments from people over the years about how lovely/different my name is and that it stands out on CVs and such - so there is of course as many reasons in favour!

Mamabird - glad you got someone to cover and hope you can get the relaxing and feel better that you need! :hugs:

I am a bit miffed with my workplace - had an email from team leader today which basically I think is questioning whether I am taking the p*ss with my appointments as I have to see thyroid guy every 4 weeks. She wants a letter from the midwife and the hospital saying I have to have these specific times and am not choosing them. Rung the doctors and they said she would have to write to them and the company would be charged for a letter so sent her all the details - no way will they pay for a letter and I'll be damned if I'm paying the cheeky sods my maternity notes should be sufficient! Rant over LOL! I too am looking forward to mat leave asap now thanks to my evil work place :haha:

Hope you are all enjoying some good weather? A litlte bit random here but brightening up. Looking so forward to my scan on Thursday - will make work just pale into insignificance.

Hope you are all doing well and your beans - off to survey what the builders have done today extension-wise now......:wacko::wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->