2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Hope CAB can sort it, to be honest though the creditors will go after whomever they think will be able to repay soonest. Hate to be writing that but my bank manager head cannot say otherwise.

Seems to me that if it paid his debts and was secured on house he owned then.....has he not paid it at all?

I know what your saying dont worry hun i am a realist LOL.

He still lives in the house that we shared...and he has been paying the loan up until xmas or so...this will be his 3rd month in arrears according to the creditors i spoke to.

The be all end all is that they dont know where i live or anything....they only have my works phone no. and now these calls wont get put through to me either as ive asked our reception not to. And by law work cant discolse my details under data protection anyway. Another thing....my current hubby lived in our current home before i came along so everything is in his name still (thank god!!). The only thing in my name is one of the cars we own...i am going to change that just in case too. So they have no right to anything we have. So the only repercussion out of this is my credit rating will be shot if i dont get my name removed from this...which will affect us as we plan to move in a few years time to somewhere bit more rural.

We cant afford to pay his debt anyway (and we can prove this....) so the end result will be that they'll go after his house which he lives in.....which is sad. But if he cant be bothered to talk to the company or creditors....well what can i do :shrug:

xx

Claire.. when you got the divorce do they not split debts and things up? Maybe that will help? Maybe your ex needs to get in to a bad situation before he pulls himself together? Is he with anybody else yet?

Thanks Moggy re the leaking boob syndrome! I'm still thinking about this pregnancy in the romantic sense and not thinking about all the yucky bits that come with it! lol. Breast pumps? Breast pads? Extra large sanitary towels? Not me.. I won't need them. My baby's going to just pop out and be no problem at all!!! lol x

Jetters, I didn't know you were Iranian.. Happy New Year! Hope you have a lovely time. Was it you saying you've been going swimming? Possibly you and Mamabird? I'm considering it but having issues with my hips so I'm not sure it's a good idea. I guess I should be doing some exercise? x

F&C - I didnt go for my share of the house as i didnt want a prolonged stressed divorce...i wanted a clean break and a fresh start asap. Because of this...finaces were not an issue and was not visited at the time. If id have known about the damn loan i would have made sure to sort it then.....looking back i should ahve gone for my share and the loan would ahve been picked up. That's enough about my sh*t for now...lets talk about the important things...babies. :thumbup:

I didnt leak much at all boobage wise lol...only a few times in the last weeks before due date....and only a week PP...but i was bottle feeding too. Once on..you dont feel breast pads anyway.
Sanitary towels are a different game.....i bled for nearly 7 weeks PP....btu i think i would have stopped at 3 weeks but i strated the pill so then i think i had a light period for 3-4 weeks. Make sure you use the maternity towels in the first few days or 1st week.....they are designed for the job and help to eliminate infections. Boots are good and cheap. Oh..and disposable knickers are also handy even though they sound horrible....especially as i was i hospital for 3 days post csection. Boots are good and roomier than mothercare.
I think i have now spoilled the romantic vision of child birth :haha:

xx

Aghhhhh... disposable pants??!!! Anyone seen/used those bras where you can slot electric breast pumps in? They scare me! lol x

oooh Claire no to maternity pants, go to Asda or M&S and buy the granny pants multipack in a size or two bigger than you need, marginally more expensive but soooooo much comfier!

Re breastpads I found the avent reusable/washable ones the comfiest, disposables are less comfy and after about 6 weeks your boobs settle so you dont need them so much....if you BF for a while it is worth investing in a pair of lilpadz for evenings out as they are fab things, theyre like a silicon circle that adheses on like those slimeballs you threw at the fridge when we were kidz - but much nicer obviously :blush:

I never leaked before Mogster was born cos he was prem but I could shoot milk across the room on demand by about day 3, hilarious if hubby says something annoying! :rofl:

Any questions you all have ask away, nowt is embarrassing once you have had a gang of people checking your bits!

Claire after three missed payments he should stillbe able to sort it, once you hit 6 missed it gets more complicated...

if you want a breast pump would recommend the mini electric medela one, loved mine and plan to use it again for expressing for weaning!

oooh Claire no to maternity pants, go to Asda or M&S and buy the granny pants multipack in a size or two bigger than you need, marginally more expensive but soooooo much comfier!

Re breastpads I found the avent reusable/washable ones the comfiest, disposables are less comfy and after about 6 weeks your boobs settle so you dont need them so much....if you BF for a while it is worth investing in a pair of lilpadz for evenings out as they are fab things, theyre like a silicon circle that adheses on like those slimeballs you threw at the fridge when we were kidz - but much nicer obviously :blush:

I never leaked before Mogster was born cos he was prem but I could shoot milk across the room on demand by about day 3, hilarious if hubby says something annoying! :rofl:

Any questions you all have ask away, nowt is embarrassing once you have had a gang of people checking your bits!

Claire after three missed payments he should stillbe able to sort it, once you hit 6 missed it gets more complicated...

I did buy cheap ones from matalan last time but found the disposable ones handy for the first few days in hospital........boo that you didnt use them LOL

I can see your hubby covered in milk :haha::haha:

Thanks on the insight on missed payments....hopefully he'll sort something out in the next few months or CAB can do something for me before it gets to that stage. Thanks hun. :hugs:

xxx

Yes Ann, it was me saying that I have been swimming! I LOVED it!! You feel so light in the water! However, I'm not sure about your hip issue :-( On the one hand, swimming is a great way to exercise without putting strain on your joints...but the kicking motion may hurt your hip. Well you could always try it once?!

xo

Yas, happy New Year and enjoy! :flower:

F&C, it was me who mentioned about the swimming. I am currently going to normal lengths swimming, but am hoping to go to antenatal swimming.

Penguin, sounds like you are getting a bit more normality into your life again. :hugs:

Moggy, thanks for the inside info. :thumbup:

As for me, 16 weeks today. Yay! :happydance:

I'm also really enjoying swimming although I take it realllly slowly, because to be honest it does hurt my back a little bit afterwards. I'm trying to walk more too... it's all about upping my stamina for me, not getting fitter iykwim?

I'm off to buy a sleeping bra and some breast pads. GROSS. It seemed to be a one off though, and my boobs are definitely smaller and less painful... as horrid as it was it clearly NEEDED to come out! I saw those Lilypadz and wasn't sure if they'd stay put? where does the milk go when it leaks?!

Piperette :hi:

Isn't swimming fantastic when you're pregnant...floating on your back with the bump sticking out of the water!? :haha:

hi everyone, hope your all well, ive got flu,:cry: feelinmg really sorry for myself. ive also got gd and have to take these huge pills, they are like 1 and half centimitres long, i cant take them asked if i can just got on insulin instead and the wicked nurse said not really, well i cant take them they gat stuck then come back up,nice. going to speak to normal nurse on tuesday

Yasmin - get that test done if you're already driving! Have got to get my theory done as I am just putting it off for no reason now!

And so pleased to hear someone else is waking up with leaky boobs (how mean am I :haha:) as my right one keeps doing it, I wake up with a horrible little patch :haha:

Whoever mentioned swimming/hips - watch out on breast stroke as that hurts my hips as legs so open lol.

Costgang - hope you feel better soon, boo for flu :nope:

Driving lessons going SO well am really pleased, and actually starting to enjoy it can't believe it!!!

Been out with my grandparents today, and went for yummy indian last night. They have bought us loads of baby bits as well it's lovely - and off to the ice hockey tonight :happydance: :happydance:

Hope you are all having a good weekend - pooring down with rain here!

PS - got a lovely spotty maternity cossie from Matalan today, very pleased!!! :thumbup:

Yas - thats why lilypadz better later on once fully established BFing and they only last a few hours cos they dont absorb, the milk can collect but you should keep an eye so that if they start to show milk collecting you can hand express to take the edge off. If you dont release it you can get mastitis and its not the nicest ailment, had it loads over the time I fed mogster, mostly when he changed his feeding routines and dropped a feed. Would recommend the reusable breaspads for sleeping with, theyre really comfy but wash before you use cos it softens them. Avents ones are best IMO

Walking is fab cos once bubs is here you will do A LOT!!!!

Getting excited now cos it will soon be tuesday, really hope Moglet flashes us! I wanna know NOW!!!!!

Thanks ladies. Maybe I'll do it once to see how it goes.. might check with my mw first though. I went walking last weekend and although hard work at the time, my hips were so much better the next day! I usually wake up at some point during the night with the pain and didn't that day. We were hoping to go today but it's been raining non-stop.

Costgang you poor thing. I also struggle with big tablets.. is it naughty to admit I don't take pregnicare or whatever it's called? They are just so big! They come straight back up. My dh is the same, if not worse.

Can any of you UK ladies recommend some good maternity leggings? I've just been out to get some maternity clothes and nowhere sells any. I got so angry in M&S!!! lol x

I got mine from Next, and even though I swore I would never wear them, my daily staple of jeggings are from Mama's and Papa's xx

I love this thread, so much to say to everyone! P&F, :winkwink: bloody boobs eh!!! I'm on my phone now though so am off to celebrate the year I become a mama! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->