2011- how was it for you?

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Good? Bad? And why?

I have to say, after weighing it up, ours was "bad". We did get married and I have ended the year nearly 21 weeks pregnant, but we also lost the family dog, my last remaining grandparent, a friend commited suicide and we had 2 mc's.

You?

Bad... i lost all my mum friends because of a queen bees lie... Threatend with social work by my so called parents who never take an interest in their grandson anyway... body sending mixed signals while ttc, lost a close family friend to a car accident... only thing good about the year is my lil boy and his daddy

Our bads far outweighed our goods with losing our step sister, step gran. I lost a good friend in a car accident, OH lost a friend in a car accident and the rest of the family have been ill, with multiple hospital visits (I spent 90% of August in hospital visiting family). A friend lost her baby at 6 months pregnant...so this year I'm definately celebrating the end of!!

We've had our good, getting engaged, new nephew and my mum getting married, but all of our ups were immediately after a major down. (Step sister died on the Mon and nephew born on the Wed, Step Gran died two weeks before my mums wedding)

So I am getting :drunk: and celebrating the end of a really shit year and bringing in the new with tears of joy!

I voted good. Some bad/some good but more good (unless I have forgot about the bad)

I had my baby girl in February and that has definitely made my year. But towards the end of the year, the last couple of months i developed depression and my anxiety resurfaced, i was so so down

Completely crap and 2012 is shaping up to be worse

:hugs: we miss u on the NI thread Zipp

https://www.babyandbump.com/united-kingdom/370325-northern-ireland-crew.html

I'd say ours was generally good. Things that stick out : Summer was one in May and we had a nice party to celebrate, we started TTC on May 5th and I got my bfp on June 4th. We went on our first family holiday to Spain in June then had a pretty relatively uneventful four months between July and November as we weren't talking to MIL. OH decided to give her one last chance at the beginning of November but she took less than 3 weeks to fuck it up again with her lies and drama and so the last month's been generally brilliant too as OH's finally done with her once and for all, she went too far this time. So yeah, only negative thing I can really think of is the drama with MIL.

Although I did manage to get us into a bit of money muddles this year but 2012 will be the year we get sorted :)

Good, had my little boy in March :) i'm really looking forward to 2012.

I voted good because it's been uneventful which is how I like it. I had my baby girl and although I feel like I've spent a good chunk of 2012 pregnant it has been good. x

I've voted good, even though we lost a baby. We bought a house, got married, got out :bfp: I feel like the luckiest girl alive tbh. I don't have any rl mates anymore but I intend to change that in 2012 :thumbup: x

I voted good, but only because I had Tristan and he outweights all the bad, if I hadn't had him it would've been a truly awful year!!

xXx

2011 has been a very good year for us. The only bad thing 2011 bought was my nana dying (dads mum) we weren't particularly close which I guess made it 'easier' but very sad all the same. Nothing spectacular happening in 2011 to made it good just have several good times.

Spending the year watching our rainbow Millicent grow up. She's shaping to be such a little sweetheart, she can be a madam but she is amazing and I'm excited to see her grow up more in 2012.

My sister and I had 2 weekends away at conventions, one in June and one in October which meant I met alot of people I love! Also made some cool friends over the weekends.

Lots of UK family time and family coming over to see us.

Meeting 2 new friends who have changed my life already, couldn't be without them and their little families.

I'm very excited for 2012.

xxx

On the whole, good. Had bad stuff, very bad fights with OH etc but we have Maria and she has made up for everything.

My year was pretty good, few little bad things but the good out weighed all that :)

Half and half.

Vincent was born in July which was obviously a huge high and by far the best thing to happen in 2011.

Bad stuff included my auntie dying, our dog passed away, OH was laid up with a hernia and waited over 6 months for an operation on it, my gran was in hospital for 10 days and hasn't been the same since, two marriages broke up involving very good friends of ours.

Half and half. we had some good stuff - buying a house in January and falling pregnant in October, but in between that DH had a motorbike accident and was off work unpaid for two months (thank god we had some savings!) and my beloved kitty was run over in early July.

Good started the year pregnant with poppy who is just wonderful and ending it expecting number 2 there was the odd drama here and there but nothing will beat the day I gave birth x

Shit.

I was hoping I would eventually get pregnant, but that was shot down after we learned DH's SA results. So dealing with infertility, depression, anxiety, gaining a bit of weight, fighting with my DH, and SIL's pregnancy..I'm glad this freaking year is over! Feck 2011!

It was a good year for us! DH got an amazing job, got a new car, we moved into our first place, got married, LO turned one and we celebrated 3 years together! :D

I'm looking forward to 2012 though! Turning 21 and TTC in October! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"