2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Hmm, can I be cheeky and ask what your hips measure? Mine are 120 cms :blush: so I can judge my size better if I can compare with someone.....And yes...I know...I have "child bearing hips" :wacko:

I don't actually know hun ill try and find a tape measure and ill let you know

Charlotte hunny im so sorry :hugs:

We've decide we're not going to find out the sex

I phoned my doctors to make my mw appointment today but the first available appointment is the 10th Nov :shock:

I've got my first mw appt on 3rd November, The receptionist said to me that they don't do them (at my surgery anyway) before 8 wks.

I've spoken to OH tonight and he wants to pay for the extra scans at a Baby Bond place near us, anyone ever used baby bond?

What's baby bond? Is that just in the UK?

It's these guys....

https://www.ultrasound-direct.com/babybond-pregnancy-scans/

And yeah, I think they're only in the UK.

Of course, bond means bail in the States doesn't it? :dohh:

Charlotte hunny I am so sorry you are going through that! Let us know how everything goes!

As for the gender....we are finding out. First of all because I am very impatient and second because I want to start buying gender specific items! DH and I went into babies r us today to look around.....got me VERY excited to actually purchase some stuff but I resisted!

I was thinking once we are all further along, maybe 6 months or so, I want to arrange a gift exchange for all of the Watermellon Smugglers who are interested. Sort of like a Secret Santa and then we can all send our person a $20 or less gift or something. What do you all think?

I was thinking once we are all further along, maybe 6 months or so, I want to arrange a gift exchange for all of the Watermellon Smugglers who are interested. Sort of like a Secret Santa and then we can all send our person a $20 or less gift or something. What do you all think?

I love that idea!

that sounds like fun!

I've got my first mw appt on 3rd November, The receptionist said to me that they don't do them (at my surgery anyway) before 8 wks.

I've spoken to OH tonight and he wants to pay for the extra scans at a Baby Bond place near us, anyone ever used baby bond?

So would you be going for the 7 week one the? I was on their website, that's the earliest right?

I can't wait for everyone to have their scans! :haha:

I thought about getting the 7 week one done but I think I'd prefer it more around the 10 week mark for exactly the same reason as you said, I've read so many threads on here where women have had a really early scan and have been worried sick because the heartbeat hasn't been heard or they haven't seen the development of their baby that they expected.
7 weeks to me would be too early, I was thinking of having my first one after we get back from our wedding. I'll be 9 weeks at the wedding so the week after that would be ideal I think.
Also if I had my private one done at 10 weeks, I can see how much baby develops by my 12 week NHS scan...I'm fascinated by the progress they make in the first trimester!

Plus I'm thinking baby will be more "babylike" by 10 weeks...Does that make sense?

As for the gender....we are finding out. First of all because I am very impatient and second because I want to start buying gender specific items! DH and I went into babies r us today to look around.....got me VERY excited to actually purchase some stuff but I resisted!

Oooh fun idea! I like that.

We should all "meet up" on Facebook. We could have a secret group on there, too.

I just started a group! Just sent my FB link to everyone. When you add me on FB, I will add you to the group!

Yeah I feel the same way about the scans Kate! I want one, but I also want to be able to *see* something you know?

oh that sounds like an awesome idea!

I'm going to be booking my scan here in Egypt privately, but I'm thinking to get it done around 8 weeks, in case they miss something before that & get me all worried, & baby's heartbeat & everything should be present by 8 weeks?

What do you guys think? :shrug:

Yes by 8 weeks you would definitely be able to detect a heartbeat unless the baby is younger than you think.. I dont think it would be a problem though :) Im getting them to give me an ultrasound around 7 to 8 weeks to make sure its not ectopic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->