2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Hey girls! Just made my first appointment with the midwife. 15th November..and I'll be almost 7 weeks. I'm excited. I'm all "bring on the information!" though I'm sure when I go I'll be all "too. Much. Information. Overwhelmed. Must. Take. Nap." :haha:

I think most of you guys have already had that first appointment. Did you find it helpful? Also... Should I bring DH? Or does he not really need to be there for this one? :shrug:

i'm not alot of help as my old doc messed up all of my early appts and i did everything out of order:dohh: but from what i hear it's supposed to be like the other ladies in here. GL with your appt.!
My DH can't really make it to any of my appts since one of us always has to be at the shop to run things but we've made arraingements for help to come in for the 20wk ultrasound/appt. That's why i got a doppler just to keep him in the loop.

AFM--This week marks the first week DH started patting/holding my belly now that he knows where Cad is from doppler time:thumbup: It's sooo sweet!

i'm not alot of help as my old doc messed up all of my early appts and i did everything out of order:dohh: but from what i hear it's supposed to be like the other ladies in here. GL with your appt.!
My DH can't really make it to any of my appts since one of us always has to be at the shop to run things but we've made arraingements for help to come in for the 20wk ultrasound/appt. That's why i got a doppler just to keep him in the loop.

AFM--This week marks the first week DH started patting/holding my belly now that he knows where Cad is from doppler time:thumbup: It's sooo sweet![/QUOTE]

that is so cute!! i love it when dh does that.
the bump has got quite impressive that he looks at it and says, pickles there cos its bigger this side today, and he's right.
i love when they cuddle ur belly.
dh talks to mine and it makes me all teary lol (blame the hormones!!) but he's been telling pickle that he loves tham since about 5 weeks. its the cutest :D

Amber, I'm keeping everything crossed for you hunni :hugs:

Jess, glad you've made it back to your own house without killing anyone :winkwink:

I had my first midwife appointment today :D It went really well, I like the midwife - Jo - a lot, she was really friendly, explained everything very clearly and even managed to get my vein for the bloods first time (no one apart from the blood service ever manages that!)
I had an extra vial of blood taken to test my glucose levels as diabetes runs on both sides of my family and my bmi was - ah hem - a "bit" high :blush:
I've been put under consultant care as I have a few high risk factors, not entirely sure what that will entail but Jo told me that if I have any questions then to feel free to ring or text her whenever I want.
Oh, also, she said that if I have any problems with my back (damaged it quite badly....Okay, I broke it in two places....in a motorbike accident) then to contact her straight away and she'll arrange for Physiotherapy for me! She also asked lots of questions about my M.E. (another risk factor hence the consultant care) which highly impressed me as medical personnel tend to either disbelieve in the condition or think it's just "a bit of tiredness".
So, yeah, my booking in appt went really well!

Oh! And today I'm a Raspberry also :D

we're home! we're home!!! WE'RE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i promise i will catch up when i get home from work. i just had to get all excited for a minute there!

jess --congrats on getting home without needing bail $ lol! And huge YAYAYAYAY to the new fruit! (I change over with you tomarrow jess)

Kate-- Glad to hear your appt went so well. Nothing beats having a doctor that you like! It took a couple trys for me but when i found the one who checked for the hb at 9wks and described it as "an engine tick" I knew i found the one,lol

Louise-- It is SOOO cute when they show that kind of excitement! My DH never really wanted kids (really just scared of messing up a kid:shrug:) so getting here has been a loonnggg ride! Just seeing his excitement, interest, and wonder melts my heart! He hasn't started talking to Cad yet but i think as i start showing more and we know boy/girl then it'll start. 3wks 2days!!:haha::haha:

Im due june 23 2012 with my rainbow baby!!

i feel so blessed, thank the lord above!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodluck ladies! and congrats

jess --congrats on getting home without needing bail $ lol! And huge YAYAYAYAY to the new fruit! (I change over with you tomarrow jess)

Kate-- Glad to hear your appt went so well. Nothing beats having a doctor that you like! It took a couple trys for me but when i found the one who checked for the hb at 9wks and described it as "an engine tick" I knew i found the one,lol

Louise-- It is SOOO cute when they show that kind of excitement! My DH never really wanted kids (really just scared of messing up a kid:shrug:) so getting here has been a loonnggg ride! Just seeing his excitement, interest, and wonder melts my heart! He hasn't started talking to Cad yet but i think as i start showing more and we know boy/girl then it'll start. 3wks 2days!!:haha::haha:

it is the cutest thing ever!!
got in from shopping and coffee with my sister earlier and my tummy was hurting whilst out. i look down and bam.... there's a massive belly down there!! i said to dh do i just look fat? answer: babe u look really pregnant!! haha ooooooh just realised ive got 2 weeks 6 days:happydance: yay!!

Hi ladies glad to see everyone's well I can't believe im a Raspberry :happydance:

Ive started getting that brown line you get down your tummy I thought you weren't supposed to get that till late on in pregnancy ?

Hi ladies glad to see everyone's well I can't believe im a Raspberry :happydance:

Ive started getting that brown line you get down your tummy I thought you weren't supposed to get that till late on in pregnancy ?

my doc told me it depends on the woman and alot on your natural pigment. I am pastey white with red hair with freckles & aqua eyes so my doc said basically my pigment is all over the place but i probably wont get it (but get to enjoy preggo blotches connecting my freckles:dohh:) At least it'll go away!:thumbup:

Hope everyone has a good weekend (enjoy it Jess with your new found power!:haha:) Just wanted to say YAYAYAYAY I'm an onion today! (although i don't think i've ever seen a 5" onion :haha:)

yay on joining the onion club!! we have some massive onions over here..... think they're spanish ones. i bought one the other day and was holding it up to my belly lol

hooray for onions! not looking forward to being one myself.. i'm allergic! lol

beep is a raspberry today!

yes, i LOVE my power! thank you!

yay jess a raspberry!!
awesome!!!
im looking forard to not bein an onion on tuesday anymore..... onions always make me cry lol.
think i become a sweet potato! haha gettin big now!!
glad ur at home and have power so now u can chill and not get too stressed. yay for beep :happydance:

Im so incredibly happy for you girls! Im having a slightly rough day but Im sick so Im blaming that :haha: Im glad you guys have become rasberries!! Thats exciting!

Hey all! Hope your having a lovely weekend!! Sorry I havent been on here all week, work has been crazy busy, really think I'll only be able to catch up on weekends now until the xas hols! congrats on all the foods ladies, I'm not sure what I will be today, will have to look when this post goes up!
Still feeling really sick but thankfully its only first thing in the morning and last thing at night, my mind is taken off it at work these days!

i LOVE olives! can i have your olive and trade you for my onion when i get there? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->