2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Hey ladies just checking in. Hope everyone had a very merry christmas and will have a happy new year.

Amber so happy to hear the good news. What a blessing and beautiful christmas present.
Kristin-can't wait to hear what you are having but i know feb 9 is a ways but will come quick.

I am going to be having my measurement and gender u/s on tuesday so we can know whats going on with this LO since I have declined all testing!! I know I know I should have it but won't since it just causes so much stress the waiting and anxietys. Anyway I will be sure to let everyone here know as soon as I know. Again hope everyone is doing well :)

Hey ladies just checking in. Hope everyone had a very merry christmas and will have a happy new year.

Amber so happy to hear the good news. What a blessing and beautiful christmas present.
Kristin-can't wait to hear what you are having but i know feb 9 is a ways but will come quick.

I am going to be having my measurement and gender u/s on tuesday so we can know whats going on with this LO since I have declined all testing!! I know I know I should have it but won't since it just causes so much stress the waiting and anxietys. Anyway I will be sure to let everyone here know as soon as I know. Again hope everyone is doing well :)

good luck at your scan next week! scans are always so exciting! I too decided against most of the testing. I did the NT testing just to get the early u/s covered by insurance but didn't do any of the blood testing. I worry enough as is!lol I'm sure your baby is jus beautiful in there , growing away!

amber - thats brilliant news congrats hun :happydance:

I had my 16 week mw appointment yesterday all is well and she found the heartbeat right away - 148 :) My fundal height is measuring up at 18 weeks so this could be a big baba :shock:

Well I'm back from the doc today and thankfully he's not really worried about my weight gain last mth (10lbs!:wacko:) since i only gained 1lb the mth before. he just told me not to do it again this mth :blush:I got my results from the 20wk scan and Cad is measuring beautifully with everything formed but that i have a synechia band which he described as a band of tissue across my uterus that the baby can get tangled on:shrug: He said he's not really worried about it but i have another ultrasound scheduled 1/30 to keep an eye on Cad as s/he gets bigger:shrug:

oh goodness! Ive never heard of that before! I hope it doesnt become an issue! Did they say what would happen if it happens to become a problem for your lo??

no and i was alittle too flustered about it all to ask. I figure if he waited 4wks to tell me about it and then scheduled another u/s for 4 more weeks then he must not really be worried about it :shrug: I think i'm gonna ask my mom (as much as that KILLS ME) as she is a neonatal nurse practitioner and she should be able to find out more. I'm using all of my will power not to google it as i know i'll just scare myself!

Hey girls, I hope it's nothing too serious Christina.

I had my midwife appt a couple of days ago and I got to hear munchkins heartbeat for the first time, I regret to inform you that I'm not having a baby....I'm having a little helicopter....Or at least that's what the heartbeat sounded like :haha:
I couldn't resist the temptation when I got home though and ordered my own doppler :blush: I'm not holding out much hope of being able to find the heartbeat though, as the midwife struggled because munchkin was too busy wriggling about everywhere! She (not confirmed yet but I have a feeling!) also very dutifully obliged us with a kick right on the microphone as well.....I might have to sign her up for football coaching :rofl:
I also got around to asking my best friend if she'd be my birthing partner, she - er - got "emotional" about it :haha: She was talking about the gender scan I'm having on Tuesday and said that she would love to be there with me, I just turned round and said, "of course you're going to be there, a birthing partner should be at the scans!"
It took her a couple of minutes for it to sink in :D
I've definitely created a monster though...she's already talking about packing a bag!! :rofl:

Three days until I find out whether munchkin is a girl or boy!! I can't wait!

Christina hope you get some answers hun, like you say I'm sure the doctor would be keeping a closer eye on you if it was too much to worry about.

Kate I have a doppler and find it so reassuring! Sometimes takes me a few minutes to find the heartbeat but when I do its wonderful! Make sure you order a seperate pot of gel though coz I use quite a lot each time to make the sound clearer!

Well ladies Noodle is definietly growing, been getting stretching pains the last couple of days and think I see a little bump popping out which is nice! I'm finding lying on my side a bit uncomforatble now, this I'm going to be one of those pregnant ladies who has to be surrounded by pillows to be comfortable once I get really big and poor hubby will be sent to the spare room!! :rofl:

Hope you all have a wonderful new year, as tomorrow we will all be saying "OMG I'm having a baby this year!!!"

Christina hope you get some answers hun, like you say I'm sure the doctor would be keeping a closer eye on you if it was too much to worry about.

Kate I have a doppler and find it so reassuring! Sometimes takes me a few minutes to find the heartbeat but when I do its wonderful! Make sure you order a seperate pot of gel though coz I use quite a lot each time to make the sound clearer!

Well ladies Noodle is definietly growing, been getting stretching pains the last couple of days and think I see a little bump popping out which is nice! I'm finding lying on my side a bit uncomforatble now, this I'm going to be one of those pregnant ladies who has to be surrounded by pillows to be comfortable once I get really big and poor hubby will be sent to the spare room!! :rofl::haha:

Hope you all have a wonderful new year, as tomorrow we will all be saying "OMG I'm having a baby this year!!!"

My poor DH has already started spending at least 3-4 nights a week in the spare bedroom:blush: Bless his heart, he tries but by midnight i have usually stolen all the pillows and 3/4 of the bed!lol (which is CRAZY since our bed is HUGE)

Kate the doppler is wonderful to have IMO. I'm glad that i have one just for those quiet days that bubs doesn't carry on much. (especially now as i'm probably gonna be paranoid untill my next scan)

I'm trying not to go too crazy about it, but kept dreaming last night that bubs got tangled up on it:nope: DH has been trying to make me relax and said that "nathan is probably doing chin-ups on it":dohh: I do love that man!

Happy new year ladies!! our babies will be making an appearance this year :happydance:

Christina i have to have growth scans too. ive got my 1st one on 12th jan.
not for the same reason as you do, ours is because when Angel was born, she was measuring a week smaller or something so they just wanna keep a check on everything this time. Try not to worry too much about it as im sure theyre only doing it to make sure you and cad have a good rest of pregnancy :D

only 100 days to go for me now!!! really excited:D:D:D

oh Kate I cant wait!!! Are you hoping for blue or pink?
Im going to get a doppler from beats for bristol. Im excited! I cant wait until I can actually HEAR little bump!

Happy new year girls!!

I got a lovely surprise last night when DH came home from work, my doppler had turned up!
DH got to listen to the heartbeat for the first time (he couldn't make it to the midwife appt with me) his face lit up lol!

Amber, I honestly don't mind whether bump is pink or blue but I've got a really strong feeling that she's a girl, I don't know why, when I saw her on the ultrasound for the first time, I just thought "She's a girl!"
Only two days to go and I'll find out!

Hey ladies! Hope you all are doing great and that you had a nice holiday :).

I also got a doppler from my husband a couple of days ago and I love it! Every time im a little worried I just listen to LO:s heartbeat. It is alwas araound 145-150. I have the anatomy scan booked for January 11th. I cant wait! Since its our first child I dont care if its a boy or girl, I just pray LO is fine and everything is the way it should be.

But even though everybody says they think its a girl, I have a strong feeling its a boy. We will see who's right in 9 days! :D :happydance:. Then I can finally go shopping!

Happy New Year ladies!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was pretty quiet. DH & I slept thru the ball dropping again:blush: I did alot of re-organizing at the house, so now my OCD is doing better too:haha: I haven't had the chance to talk to my mom about the ultra sound yet bet now that bubs has been in full wiggle mode it calms my nerves. Most of yesterday I was alittle crampy and had tightening in my belly but after a 2hr nap i felt alot better, guess it's time to start slowing down :shrug:

Theres an old wives tale about the heartbeat determining the gender.. odd I know haha but my grandmother is into that kind of thing and she said if the heartrate is high then its most likely a girl rather than one that is low which indicates a boy.. obviously there isnt really truth to that since heart rate changes a lot in the 9 months..

hey ladies-hope everyone holidays were great!! We spent it with the kids and brought in the new years with just 2 of the kids since everyone else fell asleep. lol Anyway glad to hear all is well and as for the doppler i love mine and has been the biggest lifesaver for me. kate-I have my gender u/s tomorrow as well. So excited and yet nervous!! Amber-glad all is going well for you. Hopefully for everyone 2012 will be an awesome year!! Blessings to all:)

Theres an old wives tale about the heartbeat determining the gender.. odd I know haha but my grandmother is into that kind of thing and she said if the heartrate is high then its most likely a girl rather than one that is low which indicates a boy.. obviously there isnt really truth to that since heart rate changes a lot in the 9 months..

I heard that one too. I think if it's consistantly over 140 than it's a girl and under it's a boy. Of course Cad is ALWAYS between 135-145 since my 4mth appt:dohh:lol

good luck for scan's today kate and kim xx

pickle is always between 138-145 too and he's a boy.
my sister had a little boy and his was always 155 or higher so i guess theres just no telling!!

Good luck girls, even I am really eager to know what you are having haha. Am checking BB all the time for an update :p!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->