2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

I've had boy dreams but no dreams lately.

Time really has gone by quickly for a lot of us! Definitely feels good to be in 2nd tri.

My belly is starting to get in the way of stuff. I realized my laptop was just a little bit further away on my lap. I was like, oh yeah, the belly is there. :haha:

I have my monthly appt in about an hour.

Hope everyone has a great day!

have a great appointment kristin :) Amiii-I have 3 girls right now so this will be a nice balance. We actually got to see that this is a little girl she was completely spread eagle so there was no missing the 3 lines...lol. Anyway I have loads of girl clothes right now so probably won't be buying alot although I bought a carseat cover that says princess lol. amiii-post us an update when you know what you are having. Kate-sounds like you were having a ball buying clothes. Lil girls clothes are so fun to look at . I love lil boy clothes to but I always love to see pinkie stuff but I am kinda a girly girl myself although growing uo was very far from it...lol. Purplelily I am sure all will go great with your scan:) weege-when I was 37 weeks with ds they did another gender scan because all of a sudden I had doubts and they were like nope there are his b**ls!! LOL. Anyway have a great day to you all and hoping everyone is doing well!!

I'm an onion!!

I didn't even realise :haha:

I'm not sure if I just have a lot of gas today but I keep on feeling all these little "bubbles and pops" today, I don't pass wind but it's like the bubbly feeling you get just before you do?
I'm not going to say that I'm starting to feel baby kicking because I know I've got an anterior placenta and I know that'll dull down a lot of the feelings of baby kicking.

What do you girls reckon? What did it feel like to you when you first felt movements?

Oh and I want to share with you girls first (apart from my Mum, she knows) what we've decided to call our baby girl......

From now on, munchkin is known as "baby Jennifer", it's my Mum's name and we have DH's Mum's name as her second name, so she'll be Jennifer Noor Hussain, I know her first name doesn't technically go with her surname but I felt wrong calling her Nathifa which is the Muslim version of Jennifer, I really wanted to name her after my Mum, I wanted to give Mum something back for the years that she's given to me. :blush:

I know, it's soppy but hey, she's my Mum and I love her :blush:

Anyway, Jennifer Noor together mean "Pure light" so they kinda go!

Sorry, I rambled :haha:

Kate the name is beautiful and such a wonderful homage to your mom! <3

The first movement for me was a definite kick!:haha: It felt like someone "flicked" me from the inside! Then it was nothing for like a week:growlmad: Now i def have the bubbles feeling but still can easily confuse it with gas as i now "poof" bad enough to make my dog leave the room:blush::haha: At 17wks it very well may be Jennifer saying hi!!:happydance: My first real noticed movements were between 17-19wks and very random. And YAYAYAYAYAY for onion!lol I'm officially double digits today:happydance:

Hope everyone is well and have a good weekend ahead of them!

agreed kate, it is a lovely name!!
And yeah it most probably is baby wriggling around in there!!

I weighed myself this morning.......... just to be prepared for what they tell me i've put on when we go thursday...... i've in total put on 3kg.
i dunno if this is bad or good...... think i'd put on lots more by this point with Angel, but right now i feel like a house!! means it must all be in the bump i guess cos Dan assures me nothing else apart from tummy and boobs are bigger! (god i love that man sometimes :D)
i guess we should start thinking of names soon......
think were gunna wait til this month is over and we've had Angel's birthday, then we can concentrate on pickle. although as a secret only you girls know, we quite like the name Alfie Jack Scrase. we had that as our number 1 boys name when i was pregnant with Angel and we still love it, but i will let you know for definate when we do decide.

Yay for picking names and baby kicks!!

I'm pretty sure it'll be Anthony if it's a boy. I was thinking Gabriella for a girl, but I've also been thinking about Ariana too.

We have picked Connor Michael if its a boy and we cant seem to agree on a girls name so hopefully its a boy hahaha

we have finally settled on Courtney Lin for a girl but it's always been Nathan Lewis for a boy. I said the same thing that it better be a boy because it took us forever to settle on a girls name (and i still like Olivia better! :))

With our DD it was so easy, but having to think of a SECOND girls name is so hard! :haha:

Well ladies will do a proper post later as need to head to work in and hour or so... I was completely in shock today to be told we are team :blue: !!!!!!
Everything is absolutely perfect, made a fool of myself as burst into tears with shock and happiness, Adam is over the moon!
Haven't been able to agree on boys names so this should be interesting!!

Aaaw congrats Disney! I go in Wednesday and im so nervous and impatient!

Congrats on team blue! It's so exciting now that everyone is finding out! Just over a month until we get to find out! :happydance:

Congrats on team blue :happydance:

Hope everyone's doing ok nothing much is happening with me just been busy with work xx

Congrats disneybelle!!! Another mamma's boy in the group! I'm so jealous everyone is finding out!!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. DH and i spent saturday afternoon in babies'r'us (with the gift certificates from Christmas) and what a day it was!!!lol Men in a store like that is just tooooo funny! But last night was the first night in a long while i didn't dream even once about the being in the hospital with the baby and not having a car seat to bring him home!lmao. We have now got ...........

-stroller
-carseat
-mobile for crib (seemed extremely important to DH:haha:)
-baby monitors
-breast pump & bottles
-wipe warmer
-pack'n'play
-baby k'tan sling carrier
-diaper pail
-TONS of wipes that were on sale (plus i had a coupon:thumbup:)

That is too funny. I also dragged DH along to Babies R us yesterday. :haha:

We only bought furniture for the nursery as it was on sale for £300 for cotbed/ wardrobe/ changing table! Tried out some prams too, but the choice was limited as we know that we want a 3 wheeler that can go offroad/ I can jog with. Might go for a Phil and Teds one, but not necessarily the one they had there, so that it will work if/when the next LO comes along. Is it sad that I'm planning that far ahead? :haha:

not at all! We stayed about as neutral as possible (besides being team yellow now,lol) as i'm still hoping i'll be able to talk hubby into #2!:blush:

This is the stroller/carseat combo that we got. DH liked the way this one was built and i liked that it folds flat for an infant!:thumbup:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11537906&prodFindSrc=search

oh my goodness I FINALLY found an obgyn/midwife around here!! Totally stinks moving then not knowing if Im pregnant or not and finding out but being in another state at the time!!!! BLEH regardless I have my very first appointment tomorrow!!! YAY!! Hopefully they dont judge me when I tell them Im 11weeks.. :blush:

oh my goodness I FINALLY found an obgyn/midwife around here!! Totally stinks moving then not knowing if Im pregnant or not and finding out but being in another state at the time!!!! BLEH regardless I have my very first appointment tomorrow!!! YAY!! Hopefully they dont judge me when I tell them Im 11weeks.. :blush:

Awe hon, not their job to judge!:hugs: Some women don't even find out until they are 3mths just because they have crazy long cycles. I'm sure when they find out your history they'll understand! good luck hon. I hope they are great & you love them!:thumbup:

Christina - sounds like you guys are well stocked!!

Amber - so glad you have an appointment!! FX for you!!

Naomi - congrats on team blue!!

Everyone - :hugs:

AFM - I start part-time work soon!! I am so, so relieved. I'm going to keep my hours up w/ overtime so that I can save more for LO, but once I get ridiculously pregnant, I'll still to my part-time schedule, as well as when LO gets here.

I want to find out what I'm having!! I don't want to wait anymore!

Hey girls!

So, I dragged a friend into the city with me yesterday to go shopping, I ended up buying a carseat : MaxiCosi
A cot : Takeley Cot
And I decided that I'm definitely getting the iCandy Apple pushchair : iCandy Apple

Omg.....I'm so excited, I don't even get this excited when I go shoe shopping :rofl:

Christina, happy birthday girl!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->