2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

congrats on the team blue!! welcome to the club :happydance:
sounds like everyone has been busy buying stuff......
i havent let myself buy anything yet.... think were waiting til after Angel's birthday on the 31st, before doing anything really, although we have all brand new things from when i was pregnant with her. just cant wait to use it all!!

we've had a rough few weeks. DH has been suffering anxiety and panic attacks really badly. think its because its coming up to the time we had Angel and because im exactly the same amount pregnant think he's worried about history repeating itself. he didnt sleep a single bit last night cos he got himself all worked up.
so i decided just before christmas, that i'd take my 5 weeks holiday for the year in january and then start my maternity leave think its feb 6th so no more work for me :happydance:

Also just figured its tuesday which means im 27 weeks!! 3rd trimester woooo :happydance:

hope ur all ok and good luck for your scans coming up. cant wait to see what you're all having!! i'll write on thursday once we've had the growth scan done and let u know how it goes!!! i'm gunna make them double check pickle is a boy..... been having random dreams that they got it wrong..... even though i know and have always had the feeling he is a boy :D

Ah and i just read the date!! its the 10th!!!! means 3 months exactly to go yayayayayayayay :D:D:D

Kate --thank you honey! Sounds like you had fun shopping,lol. I made DH put everything together on sunday under the disguise of "I don't want to find out in 3mths that something in these boxes is broken and needs to be returned" but I actually couldn't contain my excitement of baby stuff in the house:blush::haha: Baby shopping is SOOOO addictive! Glad i've got limited $ so it won't get to bad!:blush:

Louise-- I'm so jealous that you're out of work already!lol. If I didn't work with DH i would probably try and be home as soon as possible too! I'm sorry to hear about your OH's panick attacks. They are absolutely TERRIBLE to deal with! This time last year my doc actually put me on med for the first time because i kept having them. It can be very scary and totally overwhelming! Try and keep that man busy and remind him of how great it's gonna be when his lil boy gets here. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers to get thru this tough time.:hugs: And HUGE CONGRATS on 3rd trimester:happydance: I can't believe i'll be there next week, seems surreal!

oh you ladies are making me re-live my pregnancy with my DD 4 years ago! Just remembering all the excitement and registering with the DH. Its kindof odd seeing all you guys entering your third trimester when Im almost into my second! I feel so far behind :haha:

Louise- hope your DH can relax soon! I'm sure everything will be just fine!

Kate- we are getting the iCandy apple too! The jogger version. It's so lovely to push and will be great that it can convert to a two seater later on! :thumbup:

There's still some of us with you in 2nd tri Amber :hugs: Feels like I've got ages before I get into 3rd!

Beth, I only chose the stroller in the Apple because if I really want the jogger then I can buy the part (it's about £50) to convert the two front wheels into a single one.
I have to admit, the conversion to a two seater was also a consideration for me, I'd love to have at least two children (yes, I know I'm saying that before I go through labour :haha:) and fairly close in age, there's only 13 months between me and my younger sister and I'd love for my child to have the closeness that me and my sister share.

I've had a bit of a humbling day today, I've been with my friend to the grave of her two conjoined baby girls (they died at only a day old) They would be seven this year and we spent the day tidying up their grave and giving it all a fresh coat of paint and renewing the stones etc.
She's going to be my birthing partner and is so excited for me with my pregnancy and being at the girls grave today made me realise exactly how strong a person she is to be this excited for me and yet have gone through something so awful herself.
It just made me realise exactly how much of a friend she is to me.....Sorry, soppy hormones are in effect tonight! :cry:

BOY!!

I am so happy about our little man! My feeling was right. Dont get me wrong, I really didnt care, as long as bub was healthy. But now that we know it is a HE it feels totally different.

He was kicking and waving on to mum and dad! And you could clearly see it was a boy haha. Everything is great and he is measuring right on time.

I couldnt be happier! :cloud9:

Attachments

• 2012-01-11 11.04.59.jpg
    2012-01-11 11.04.59.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
Awww Amiii he's beautiful! :D

I know what you mean about the feeling different when you know whether they're boys or girls, personally I think you can bond even more with them once you know the gender.

Thanks Kate! I felt like a total wimp cause I cried a little bit! The feeling is incredible! We got to see him on a big screen and it was all very clear. Yay for technology! :happydance:

At least you had a normal reaction, I believe I turned round to my DH and said "Phew, I'm pregnant and not just fat" :dohh:

Big congratulations on team :blue: :happydance:

I have an ultrasound today but I dont get to find out until later I think. Oh well.. Im just excited to see little bump again!! She couldnt find the heartbeat with the doppler yesterday but she said she wasnt worried about it since I had a perfect scan at 9 weeks... Im hoping everything is still ok...

I have an ultrasound today but I dont get to find out until later I think. Oh well.. Im just excited to see little bump again!! She couldnt find the heartbeat with the doppler yesterday but she said she wasnt worried about it since I had a perfect scan at 9 weeks... Im hoping everything is still ok...

I'm betting everything is perfect honey! Hope the day doesn't go too slow for you! Actually this morning i wanted to hear nuglet's hb so i took out my doppler and after a slight panick attack of not being able to find it (at no point did i find it by the way) I got a MASSIVE kick to the doppler:haha: Lil bugger's got attitude already:rofl:

congrats amii on team blue! Just seeing them again is always so wonderful, makes it so very real! I think it's pretty even on here now with pinks & blues!

@Kate haha i swear that could have been me saying that cause I barely have a bump but I was too excited that the only thing I knew was to weep haha.

@frisbee Everything will be great youll see. Im 19 weeks tomorrow and sometimes I cant find it and freak out. Most of the dopplers work best in 2nd/3rd tri. Good luck! :D

@purple thanks hun! are you still team yellow?

@Kate haha i swear that could have been me saying that cause I barely have a bump but I was too excited that the only thing I knew was to weep haha.

@frisbee Everything will be great youll see. Im 19 weeks tomorrow and sometimes I cant find it and freak out. Most of the dopplers work best in 2nd/3rd tri. Good luck! :D

@purple thanks hun! are you still team yellow?

yeah still team yellow for now but we'll see after my scan on the 30th!:blush: They won't be looking for the gender but i'm not looking away either:haha: I reallllllyyyyyy want to know especially as it gets closer now, we both are so convinced it's gonna be a boy i think i'll feel bad if bubs is a girl:nope: I know i shoundn't have but i even made a $6 gamble and bought a short sleeve jumper that says "daddy's lil stuntman" on Sunday, showed DH and he even teared up over it :cloud9:

Oh I'm so excited! They moved my due date up to the 24th or 25th because bump is measuring exactly 12 weeks! Heart rate was 158 and I got to hear it!! Yay!

Congrats frisbeemamma!!!
Yay amii for team :blue: we are having boys together!!

wow seems lots of boys are arriving in the group :D yay!!!
congrats amii :D
and amber thats amazing news!! 12 weeks is AWESOME :happydance:

christina, i really wanna know what ur having!! i dunno how u have managed to hold off peeking in that envelope!!! i'd have looked within 10 mins of having it lol!

im double checking at the scan tomorrow that pickle is definately a boy tho lol.
strange dreams are doing my head in!! although i did also dream my sister was pregnant again and she's only just had charlie 3 months ago lol.
she assured me that it wont be happening any time in the next century lol.
cant wait to see my little man wriggling around again tomorrow!!

and good news. dan managed to sleep last night and seems a whole lot better today!! and he had a dream about pickle being born and we called him Alfie, so think thats the name were gunna go with :happydance: im so glad even if it was a dream that he's had a positive thought about this pregnancy :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->