2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

thank you ladies! It's exciting yet still scary. It feels like just last week we were all talking about becoming appleseeds:haha: I'll probably shoot myself in the foot for saying this but i kinda hope 3rd tri doesn't go that fast:blush: Feeling like there is so much to do still:wacko:

I cant believe someone would be that conceited to sit there and say "my parenting is better than yours" HOW RuDE! :growlmad: You are the absolute best mom for YOUR child and I am the ABSOLUTE BEST mom for MY child.. grr.. I hate judgmental parents! ANYWAY... Yay on 3rd Tri!!!
I feel SOOOO FAR behind! With my DD I have been told over and over that I was being a great mom but theres so many times where I simply FREAKED thinking I was doing the complete wrong thing and not going to be a good mom for her.. :/ now heading into the 2nd tri (officially!) Im starting to worry again that maybe I wont be a great mom with two.. what if I get overwhelmed?!? :wacko: BUT then I remember that I have friends and family who would love to hold and play with my children and give me a break if I ever need one.
and Christina, My DH had those thoughts too, that he wasnt good enough to be a father and he was worried he wouldnt do the job well.. lo and behold our DD is so excited when he gets home because hes her own personal jungle gym! :haha:
WOW sorry its so long!! :blush:

yay christina!!!
i'm not in 3rd tri on my own any more......
although looking on the 3rd tri forum, its quite scary..... all about giving birth and scary bit like that!! guess were almost there!!! :happydance:
i cant wait to meet my little pickle :D

hope everyone has had a good weekend.
i've got my glucose test tomorrow and im not looking forward to it at all.
i keep thinking what if im sick when i drink it! im not too great at anything other than bran flakes in the morning. my test is at 8.45am!!

random and maybe too much info but pickles head is so low down it almost feels like he might fall out lol. he's been like it since i woke up this morning.

Let us know how it goes & good luck! I have my glucose test 1 week from tomarrow
Will keep you in mind hopefully pickle helps you thru it!

Let us know how it goes & good luck! I have my glucose test 1 week from tomarrow
Will keep you in mind hopefully pickle helps you thru it!

My lil bubba has been really low for awhile now:shrug:
Guess they're just testing the waters :)

When did you guys feel kicking? I haven't felt anything yet :shrug:

Hakuna I just started to feel kicks. Not strong at all, and first I doubted it was kicks but now I think thats what it is. Give it some time tho, everything takes longer time for us first time moms :D

ok so im back now!!
went in and she did all my bloods plus the ones for the test. she said well seeings i got a needle in ur arm anyway we may aswell do them all.
so that got done and then came the lovely drink :sick:
omg it was so disgusting!! i had the plan in my head to just down the drink and get it over with, it was so thick i couldnt lol. but she was shocked i did it so quickly!!
then came home for 2 hours and then went back to have another tube of blood taken out, taking the total tubes of blood to 5 for the day!!

but im so glad its all done with now!! hopefully it will all come back that its ok :D

Kristin-- I got my first kick/flick at around 18wks but then really nothing again (that i knew def wasn't gas:blush:) until 20wks or so? They say it's very common for first time moms to not feel anything till after 20wks because you don't know what you're looking for. Don't worry honey it will come! It always seems like your the last one on bnb after all the "kicking at 14wks" stories, but most those ladies have a few lil ones at home already (and some are just cooing over a fart but don't know it:haha:)

Louise-- glad to hear it all went well for you at the doc. I know the last time i had blood taken they took 6 viles!!!:wacko: The tech just laughed at me when i told her "my body made it for a reason so if she could leave alittle for me i would appreciate it!":haha: I go for my test next monday at 8am but they don't let us leave, you have to drink the stuff then sit there for 1 hour! Thankfully my closest friend is coming to keep me company so i don't die of boredom,lol.

As for me, the weekend was pretty uneventful. The guys tore up my kitchen floor on saturday, so sunday was spent cleaning, grocery shopping and alittle relaxing. Today they install our new floor :happydance: Hopefully it all goes well. This morning i got on the scale (STUPID!) but i just don't want any suprises at my appt on 1/30! Well i've put on 4lbs since 12/30 and was aiming to not gain any weight this month so back on the treadmill for me!:nope: If i stay at the same weight in January then i'll be back on schedule for weight gain since December was a BAD mth for me:blush:

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Talk about bad weight gain month...I gained like 11 pounds from months 1-4 :blush: ...granted, it was over the holidays...but STILL!! So...since we've been back I've been going for a walk every day on my lunch break and trying to just eat my 2000 calories a day and not over do it! Luckily I haven't gained any for the last couple of weeks...and if I can just hold steady another week or so...I should be on track.

oh my goodness I dont even want to look at the scale right now.. Im still not showing yet.. isnt that supposed to be odd since I already have 1 child? Are you not supposed to show faster after the first one? hmmm..oh well! Ill count my blessings that I dont have to deal with the stretch marks yet.. Im sure they are coming :wacko:

Talk about bad weight gain month...I gained like 11 pounds from months 1-4 :blush: ...granted, it was over the holidays...but STILL!! So...since we've been back I've been going for a walk every day on my lunch break and trying to just eat my 2000 calories a day and not over do it! Luckily I haven't gained any for the last couple of weeks...and if I can just hold steady another week or so...I should be on track.

HAHAHAHA Beth i gained 11 lbs LAST MONTH!!:wacko::blush: So now i'm 27wks and have already gained 25lbs! Although i don't look like i've gained a ton I (and my doc) want to keep it in check. Now if only someone would let DH know as he keeps stuffing food infront of me saying "Nacourt needs this":dohh: It doesn't help that now that my kitchen is a complete mess i have nothing left to cook with but an oven that 1/2 works, a toaster, and a microwave! I filled the house yesterday with alot of fruits to try and combat the amount of take-out thats in my house!lol

oh my goodness I dont even want to look at the scale right now.. Im still not showing yet.. isnt that supposed to be odd since I already have 1 child? Are you not supposed to show faster after the first one? hmmm..oh well! Ill count my blessings that I dont have to deal with the stretch marks yet.. Im sure they are coming :wacko:

amber i've actually seen some bump pics in second trimester with 2nd & 3rd time moms 1/2 the size of my belly! I think everyone is different as is every pregnancy too! Your lil one is measuring fine so you're lucky to not have to deal with a bump quite yet!lol

haha im scared of scales too lol.

kristin, i felt movements quite early on this time (about 14 weeks) and actual kicks from about 18 weeks but its my 2nd baby so you feel it sooner. i think with Angel, i first felt kicks about 22-23 weeks. dont worry, they will come soon enough, and mine are mostly all night long. not so good for the sleep side of things lol :D

oh that was my most favorite part of being pregnant with my DD.. I LOVED feeling her move and (later in third tri) WATCHING her move!! it was so awesome.. I cant wait for that to start!

I'm just starting to feel movements, more frequent in the evening but its really only been the past day or so Ive been sure its not wind lol!! :blush:
As for putting weight on, I thought I'd put on loads but went to the doctors on Friday and I haven't put ANY on yet!!!! I must have lost it through the sickness and now back up to where I started! but then my bump isn't that impressive so maybe thats why!

Disney yeah our boys could share birthday! That would be exciting :D!

Yesterday I felt my first kick to the bladder. I almost peed my pants. My bump is also getting very very noticeable. It changes in size tho haha. In the mornings it tends to be on the smaller side and towards the night I feel huge!

Ill try to take a picture and post it.

So ladies hows the shopping going? :D I have just bought some small things but I think ill slowly start buying diapers and other stuff :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->