2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

I was so shocked at the small size of my DD that Im really not buying much in the clothing area until we know how big this lo will be. Our DD was perfectly full term but she was so small that she only fit in premie clothes for a month!!!

Frisbee Im worrying about that too! I dont know if I should buy newborn or a little bit bigger or who knows maybe like you said preemie clothes.

Also how many packs of diapers is enough but not too many? :dohh:

i'm moving over to diapers now too (although there seems to be ALOT of 0-3mth clothes!) DH was 8lbs and i was 7.5lbs but the band may cause bubs to be a little peanut. I'm waiting until my next scan to really buy much in the newborn size. Right now all i have is some onsies and a going home outfit just incase s/he is that small.

Frisbee Im worrying about that too! I dont know if I should buy newborn or a little bit bigger or who knows maybe like you said preemie clothes.

my friend who's baby is now 3mths told me not too go too crazy on the newborn sizes but to make sure to keep the receipts. Most stores around here will let you exchange them for the larger sizes if needed!

Once my DD started her routine and eating well she grew soooo fast, she wasnt in newborn clothes but MAYBE a month! lucky for me she was born in DEAD SUMMER so I just put her in onesies most days if we didnt go anywhere :haha:

oh girls!! Ive had the most fun idea for surprising the extended family with the gender! Mine and DHs families live about 4 minutes from each other so it would be easy to do, but I had an idea that we get them all together and make however many cupcakes (one for each member who comes) and have them ALL be chocolate.. except 1. Then frost every single one of them with either pink or blue frosting, then whichever cupcake is not chocolate (probably vanilla) that color frosting is the gender! I thought it was such a fun idea! I hope it works out!

amber thats an awesome idea!!!
wish we had done something fun. we just told everyone and it was quite disappointing cos they were all like yeah i told u it would be a boy. i was like i bloody knew it was from the start!! lol

it seems no1 is really that interested about this baby really. im sure they are in their own way, but it seems like they are just all expecting me to fail and something happen to the baby just because of what happened to Angel which is something im really struggling with at the moment. no1 asks how im feeling or anything about the baby. then everyone says oh im not buying anything for the baby til he's here cos last time i bought u stuff for christmas and look how that turned out.
i know they dont mean it in a horrible way but it just makes me feel like shit like they are expecting something to go wrong.
now i dont even want anyone to see or hold the baby apart from me, dan and my sister. she's the only one who asks how i am and how her nephew is doing.

sorry for the rant :blush:
think im just a bit hormonal and that, what with it on ly being 2 weeks til Angel would be 1 year old :(

my friend who's baby is now 3mths told me not too go too crazy on the newborn sizes but to make sure to keep the receipts. Most stores around here will let you exchange them for the larger sizes if needed!

Thanks thats a great idea! Next time I go shopping ill ask if they will return them for another size :D!

it seems no1 is really that interested about this baby really. im sure they are in their own way, but it seems like they are just all expecting me to fail and something happen to the baby just because of what happened to Angel which is something im really struggling with at the moment. no1 asks how im feeling or anything about the baby. then everyone says oh im not buying anything for the baby til he's here cos last time i bought u stuff for christmas and look how that turned out.
i know they dont mean it in a horrible way but it just makes me feel like shit like they are expecting something to go wrong.
now i dont even want anyone to see or hold the baby apart from me, dan and my sister. she's the only one who asks how i am and how her nephew is doing.(

Sorry people are being insensitive hun ive had a few things like that too. My mum's told me that she's not going to start any knitting yet just in case and I even got 'so this one's holding on then ? For Now !' :growlmad:

amber thats an awesome idea!!!
wish we had done something fun. we just told everyone and it was quite disappointing cos they were all like yeah i told u it would be a boy. i was like i bloody knew it was from the start!! lol

now i dont even want anyone to see or hold the baby apart from me, dan and my sister. she's the only one who asks how i am and how her nephew is doing.

sorry for the rant :blush:
think im just a bit hormonal and that, what with it on ly being 2 weeks til Angel would be 1 year old :(

So sorry hun that people are being insensitive. Some people really just open their mouths before they engage their brain (I've had a day with management being that way). It must be emotional for you at the moment anyway, I'm sure they don't mean it the way they say it but I totally understand your frustration!

Ugh! I can't believe people would say those kind of things! Even if they are "just kidding"... Either way, the death of a angel baby is never something that should be rubbed in a mother's face like that! :growlmad:

Louise i'm so sorry honey. No one should have to deal with statements like that! I'm sure some of your family just stays alittle guarded knowing how sensitive a subject it is especially right now. :hugs: Maybe next mth everyone will start showing more interest! No matter what you have Dan, your sis, and US :D We cant wait to see your lil man!!:flower:

awww you guys just actually made me cry!! (see hormonal or what!!!)

thank you for being there for me. i really do appreciate the kind words :hugs:

i cant wait to show u all my little man when he gets here!!
i find myself lately wondering if he'll look anything like Angel. She had Dan's mouth and nose and my eyes and hair! :D

Im so sorry no one seems interested Louise, :( when they say things like that dont brush it off, simply say "hey.. that hurts.. you know that right?" at least thats my personality, I never take any crap from people :haha: I cant WAIT to see the little guy! I desperately wish we have a son at some point because I cant wait to dress him up in tiny suits and sweater vests!! they are so cute!!! If I lived near you thats what I would be getting you :haha:

Good morning, how is everybody feeling today? I am celebrating 20 weeks today, the half way mark. Yaaaay :happydance:!

Louise, dont let the Negative Nancies bring you down. We are here and we are super excited for you! :D :hugs:

Hooray for 20 weeks Amina!! I'm almost there myself, can't wait! :dance:

:hugs: for everyone

I'm so jealous that you're at the halfway mark already Amiii!

I'm 19 wks today and last night my best friend felt my baby move! I wasn't sure so got her to feel my bump and her hand was getting kicked all over the place :cloud9:

So much for an anterior placenta dulling the movement....Is this really early to feel kicks from the outside?

I think I'm going to enrol her in Karate classes already seeing as she seems to love kicking so much :haha:

oh yay Kate! thats awesome!! I cant wait till I feel some movements!

YAYAYAYAYAYAY FOR HALFWAY! Everyone is sneaking right up on it:happydance:!
Don't worry Amber you'll be gettin kicked in no time!lol:thumbup:

As for me, They unfortunately cancelled my appt at the dentist again today:growlmad: This is now the 5th time, but thankfully the tooth isn't too awefully painful anymore but i think if it starts making me crazy again i'll just search for a different dentist. Seems no one around here wants to work on a preggo though :nope: On the bright side i actually got to play with Cad this morning lol:happydance: After my morning orange juice my belly was moving in all sorts of crazy shapes so........ i decided to poke it :blush: and S/HE POKED BACK!!!! I'm still smiling! S/he did it 4x before changing positions (just as i got my camera out,lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->