2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

oh my goodness christina. what a bunch of idiots the insurance people are!! cant believe they are doing that to you!!
i cant believe how much it costs if you dont have health insurance!!!
it makes me so thankful we have the nhs where we only pay a little bit out of our wages every month and we get it all for free!!
hope dh gets it sorted soon for you!!!

i'm off to the 24 weeks growth scan and consultant appointment in an hour..... im really scared!! pickle has been really huring me this morning but dan just looked at my tummy and said seriously, its because he's pushed you all out again! so the blue bump has gotten even bigger!!! i just generally feel a bit under the weather and crappy today. hope for good news later tho, and i'll update you when i get back xxx

Thanks ladies. I really do hope the insurance stuff works out soon and doesn't make me stress right up to the deadline! It's so crazy expensive and we've been paying soo much anyway because we are a selfemployed small business. Amber they said our enrollment numbers aren't high enough as they want 75% enrollment now and we have 3 employees but only 2 on the policy (our help in the back can't afford the mthly premium along with his bills and we can't afford to pay him more) so that puts us at 66%! Basically they just don't want small businesses anymore and are forcing us out. The worst part is all of the state programs say we make too much money because we're self employed:cry: Very tired of the lose/ lose situation!

Louise i'm sure pickle is doing wonderfully in there! Remember this is when they grow the fastest! This week my belly has been "solid as a rock" every morning and his/her movements actually hurt but like dan, john said i def "popped" more this week! Can' wait to hear your update hon!

Amber i will keep it in mind! Thank you!!! i don't really have any time away from the shop anymore but i'll see how long the "need" list still is after my shower. Just may have to make a day of it!

Hooray for upcoming showers and wow Amber you found loads of stuff recently!

Good luck with the insurance situation!!

Had another scan today, Ariana's doing great. We were able to get good pictures of her heart, nose, and eyes this time. Couldn't get any good 3d shots but will post a couple of 2d shots later.

well here it is........
my little Alfie is now an estimated 6lb 10!!!! talk about a growth spurt and a half!! thats why i've been feeling so drained the last couple of weeks!!!
blood pressure and everything else is fine. they want my to get bp checked twice a week now and then another growth scan at 37 weeks (this will be my last one)

although i did have a breakdown and cried loads when we were booking the next appointment cos the consulatant said if everything carries on normally they'll induce me at 39 weeks, not the 38 weeks i thought. so i cried for about half an hour!! dunno how i drove home, but then i thought about how silly i was being for an extra 7 days wait and got over myself. She said they dont wanna induce me too early cos if he's not ready to come out then he wont be as bothered to make his way out when im induced which would probably result in an unecessary c-section. which now ive calmed down makes perfect sense!!

So i'm now on the hunt for every little thing i can do at 37 weeks to make him come sooner!!! i'm still thinking he'll arrive on 28th march tho. have done since the beginning!!

so yeah sorry for my mini essay, and everything is all good!!! i just hope he isnt about 14lb when born lol :D

Yay all these scans are soo awesome! Kristin glad to hear Ariana (i really do love the name btw) is doing so well and gonna stalk the thread for pics!!!!:happydance::happydance:

Louise that is one growing lil pickle you got there! lol Like the really big ones you get in the barrels not jars!:haha: So sorry you got let down with the extra week but they may even say 38wks at your next scan or pickle may have his own ideas anyway! We understand how you get all excited that it hurts to have it taken away again but your docs are watching out for you and the lil one so it'll all work out even if we are alittle impatient to meet our bubs :blush:

That is so crappy about the insurance!!! :growlmad:

Glad to hear kristin and louise's scans went well! Louise, he will be here before you know it. Remember, you can always get dan to 'help' convince Alfie to come earlier!! :haha:

yep definately. Dan has been told lol. i said last night he has to wait 2 weeks and 4 days til he can do that again lol. :rofl:
i'm sure he'll make an early appearance though!

so excited for you Louise!!!!!
Im SUPER excited right now!!! as of wednesday night (right before bed) I felt one good kick/hit/knee SOMETHING on my hand!!! I tried to get bump to do it again so dh could feel but it was just for me I guess hahaha I was starting to get anxious because Im already 19 weeks and had not felt any yet.. but yay!! :happydance: AND my scan is Monday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray for kicks!

I have pics posted in my journal of the ultrasound.

yay amber thats awesome!!! i remember the 1st big kicks.
i finally gave in today and purchased a maternity swimming tankini and went swimming!!
oh my goodness. weightlessness at this stage is actually heaven :D and at the pool, they do free swimming while pregnant until 4 weeks after your due date :happydance:

Thats awesome Louise!! I remember swimming (floating mostly) with our DD because I had her in mid july too so I DEFINITELY know thats what Ill be doing again with this one :haha:
I did get a maternity swim suit too at that big sale thing, hahaha I am all set for it to get warm enough to swim, theres no indoor pool around here that I know of :shrug:

It has been a little bit silent on here these last days. How is everybody? :hugs:

we are finally home!!! it seems EVERYONE was getting a sono today UGH! oh well.. Baby is measuring right on track and was wiggling everywhere, I definitely have an anterior placenta :( that makes me sad but Ill just have to wait till Im bigger to feel good movements :shrug:
Drum roll pleassseeeee.... We are Team.....

:pink:!!!!!!!!!!! DHs first words were "oh boy... Im in trouble" :haha:
We are so excited and figure we have experience anyway :happydance: I cant wait till July!!!!!!
Ill let you guys know the name as soon as we decide on it :haha:

amber congrats on team pink!! sorry I haven't been posting but have been in a ton of pain with toothpulling and then dry socket. Hope alliswell. Louise I love swim suits they are awesome and love the floating feeling appose to sinking lol.hope all is well with everyone and amii -nice bump pic! I will try and catch up when all is better.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->