2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Omg Louise that is so soon!!!! Congrats im so excited for you! :happydance:

I can't wait to meet the next Watermelon :happydance:

Quick question for you girls, I'm nearly 27 weeks now, is it normal for activity to lessen? I'm not worried enough to see my midwife or doctor about it as she's is still moving but it's nowhere near what she was up to....I know she's doing a lot of growing at this point and may not have as much room but I thought she'd still be kicking the same amount?

Wow Louise only 15 days now!

Kate, there is a sticky in the third tri forum about monitoring fetal movements. Click here That would have good information other than talking to a doctor or midwife. I'm over 27 weeks now and I still feel Ariana squirming and poking quite a bit, though I have heard that movements do lessen because like you said, there's less and less room for the baby to move around. :hugs:

Our DD moved less as I entered the third tri. no worries Kate, if shes still moving thats what counts :)

Cross posting this in the third tri forum:

So annoyed. :growlmad: Just failed the glucose test for gestational diabetes, now I have to go back for that stupid 3 hour test. The thing is, my score was 135. I keep reading everywhere that most places would consider this a passing score.

Please post if you got a score in the 130's and please tell me if it was considered pass or fail.

kate, my little man didnt move quite as much around this point, we then found out he'd totally changed position to head down so thats why it lessened.
its got less again this week and we found out its cos his head is 1/5 engaged, so he;'s dropped down again.
think its all about tuning yourself to the new movement pattern if that makes sense.

hmmmm found out today that my bile acid levels have risen to the point where i now have that cholestatis thingy (thats not how its spelt lol)
anyway its not enough to induce me even earlier but it means i now have to take 5 tablets a day :(
oh well. least there's a reason for my crazy itching!!

i just realised 2 weeks tomorrow!!!!! :happydance: so excited!!
but im also going back to being a child where i think if i dont think about it and dont talk about it then it wont happen, cos its a really scary thought lol :D

See? I knew there was a reason I posted on here and not any where else, you girls have reassured me that things are normal whereas you know exactly what would have been posted if I'd posted in 2nd tri! :haha:

It makes sense that I'd feel less with her being head down though, I guess this is the bit where I'm glad for an anterior placenta :winkwink:

Kristin, I'm sorry you have to go through the 3 hour test, I wish I could help but I'm due to go for my only one (they put me straight through to the long test due to the risk factors) on the 23rd of this month.
Here's hoping that's everything is good for you!

Yea with our DD she kept wanting to face my back and then when I went into labor she decided she wanted to be able to see everything so she came out face up which I guess is harder than coming out facedown.. I didnt feel too terribly much of her when I got into the third tri... just MAJOR back aches!!!
Im sorry Kristin! Have you thought about calling and asking why? maybe because of previous risks?

No previous risks, they just said 130 is the cutoff.

Someone said in another thread that 150 can even be the cutoff. I love the inconsistency. [ end sarcasm ]

Kristin I failed mine at 131!!! I passed the second one with flying colors but it sucks to have to do it twice! They told me it. Was 130 cut off too!

Louise that is sooooo soon! Can't wait!

Ugh...that is so annoying Kristin! I wouldn't worry though...sure you will pass the 3 hour one with no problem whatsoever!

AFM...
People need to learn that "pregnant" and "fat" are not synonyms.

Just sayin... the amount of people who say things like "You aren't normally this fat!" I mean...really? I already feel like a whale. :nope:

On other hand, I'm happy that people finally feel confident enough to mention the fact that I'm pregnant! Means I'm getting a proper bump! :thumbup:

And here's why....

24 weeks.jpg

I am a cow. haha. How much weight have you girls gained/had you gained at 24 weeks? I've gained like 22 pounds. Meaning, that if I carry on at this rate, my total weight gain will be about 40 pounds. YIKES! :wacko:

You are not a cow! People who are making fat comments are stupid!!

Beth thats rubbish whoever is making those fat comments needs to be smacked. You look awesome! I gained about 35lbs with our DD but unfortunately for me I only ended up losing MAYBE 10 of it hahaha so with this one Im doing my best to eat healthy and drink a ton of water!!

Beth you look awesome and those people need to go piss in their hats! I think we all have our off days but be proud of that bump, what ur doing is making a miracle!!!

beth u look awesome and like its been said, you are creating a little miracle in there!!
i wouldnt go on how much ive gained cos i was overweight to start with but i think my total so far is 15lb

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->