2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Beth you have an awesome bump! At least yours is a D bump...Mine is still a B even though I can no longer see anything south of my waist line...In fact....What is a waist line? :haha:

Well, I had my 30th birthday yesterday, I've officially joined the ranks of the grown ups and today, to celebrate, I'm going for physiotherapy...Ironic huh?
My hips, back and legs have been killing me, yesterday I could hardly get to the kitchen for the pain and I'm just hoping they have some little pearls of wisdom to help make it easier on me!
I don't like the fact it's a group session though and apparently takes about an hour....I struggle to do anything for longer than five minutes, sitting hurts, laying down hurts and standing hurts....If I'm honest, I'm actually quite worried about how I'm going to cope with it...Ahhh well, soon find out!

Happy Birthday for yesterday, and good luck with the physio! Surely it can only help, right? Hope you get some relief from the pain soon!!

And thank you, girls! You all rock. :hugs:

Well, my day sucked!

Came away from physio with a definite diagnoses of SPD, I now have to wear a belt to support my pelvis which is awesome for the support but not so good in that it presses on my bladder and makes me pee more :dohh:

At least now I know why I'm in so much pain, even when I take things easy and can go about managing that pain....I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm actually looking forward to childbirth because although it's pain, it's one day of pain as opposed to 40 weeks of it :haha:
I think I shall try for one more after Jennifer is born but then that's it, I can't go through this again!

Midwife tomorrow, more physio in a week, OGTT soon and then the 4D scan to look forward to.....If anyone says to me just one more time "But you're meant to be glowing" I'm going to slap them :haha:

Happy birthday Kate!

Sorry you're in so much pain. Hope the belt helps!

Okay ladies I haven't been in the third trimester for long but I can already understand why people complained and that this is going to be a long one. I have horrible heartburn, can barely breathe, I am nauseous and yesterday I experienced the joy of my dinner coming right back up through the entrance. What else.. Horrible back pain. Sweating like a pig and waking up maybe 65 times a night...

Le sigh. I don't want to complain, I'm just thankful that bubs is okay and I would go through anything just as long as he is healthy. But seriously I am beginning to look and feel more like a cow than a human being lol. Rant over. Thanks for listening :)

ahh amii I feel your pain! It's the getting up every 2 minutes in the night for yet another wee that I can't cope with! and yeah being very sweaty is so gross and uncomfortable isnt it!! As everyone keeps telling me, it will all be worth it in the end lol!!

yeah 3rd trimester is just a barrel of fun lol!!
the heartburn at 4am has to be my highlight!!
that and the searing red hot pain i get in my hips after laying on my side for an hour :(

oh well, 12 more days to go :happydance:

although i am beginning to freak out slightly that very soon, there is gunna be this little man here totally dependant on me and i must say its freaking me out slightly!! but its everything i ever wanted so hopefully its just nerves now!

had mw yeasterday. bp was best ever!!! 108/74 and had a trace done on little man and she said its the best trace she's seen all day :happydance:

hope you are all well.
christina, hows nathan doing?? xxxx

Yay Louise!!! Thats awesome!!
Im sorry Amina, It can be very uncomfortable but when I felt that way with our DD I simply laid back on a bunch of pillows and just watched her move for a little bit so I could forget how I looked or felt :hugs: Almost done now!!!!!!
Kate Im so so sooooo sorry youre in such pain!!! At least you have answers and something that can help a little bit :hugs:

Amina, I feel your pain :haha: I seem to be drinking equal amounts of water and indigestion remedies for the heartburn, although I have noticed that if I eat little and often, say every couple of hours, then the heartburn isn't as bad, I also try not to lie down just after eating as that makes it worse and I'm drinking lots of water which also helps.
Hope some of that helps you!

Louise I can't wait...Anyone would think it was my turn and not yours :rofl: He's going to be such a little cutie!

AFM, I'm feeling a lot more upbeat than yesterday, think I was having a little pity party for myself :blush:
I actually feel better just by having a proper diagnoses now, for weeks I've been in agony and not known the reason why, at least now I can say, "I'm in pain but you know what? I have SPD so suck it up and get on with things!"
I've just got back from seeing the midwife, not my normal one as she's off today, but the new one was very nice and friendly.
My BP is really good at 110/76, which is actually better than it was before I was pregnant....How does that work? :haha:
We listened to baby Jennifers heart beat which was 146 BPM and she kept on kicking the doppler - at least she was practising Kung Fu on something other than my bladder!
I go back on Monday for my 28 week appt (when I'll really be 27+4) so I can get my anti D injection and have bloods done etc.

So, I'm smiling today (with gritted teeth lol) and am feeling positive again! :flower:

Kate I'm so glad you're feeling better today (even if it's just better mood) believe me it's worth it all!

Amii I wish there was better advice for you but I suffered the worst heartburn throughout my entire pregnancy but not an ounces since lil dude came.

Louise I'm soooooo excited for you!!! Get your rest now honey you'll need it!
Nathan is doing really well. It's been really difficult having him in the nicu and heartbreaking leaving him every time but today they took him off the oxygen and doing the carseat test tonight! As of right now he should be coming home Monday !!!!!!! I cannot wait!

Yay! Glad to hear he's doing well. Monday will be here before you know it!

That is such great news, Christina! Hope he passes with flying colours and you get to take your sweet boy home on Monday! :happydance:

ah thats amazing news!! hope it all goes well and u get to have ur little man home soon :happydance:

ah christina, thats so exciting he will be home soon!! You must be so happy!! being a plonker but whats the carseat test? Is it that he needs to be big enough to go in one??

Yay Christina!!! I cant wait to hear that little Nathan is doing great at HOME!!!! :hugs:

Naomi hopefully you never need to find out first hand. The carseat test is ordered for all premies leaving the nicu because they are small enough that they tend to scrunch up in the seat and their vital signs will drop as they have a hard time breathing. Thankful my lil dude is strong (with amazing head control for a newborn forget a premie!) and PASSED all his tests!!!! Yayayayay now all that's left is to prove that he's ok feeding on bottle/boobie and still gain weight. :happydance:

Thank you all for your support thru this. Never thought it would have turned out like this but soooooo ready to have him home!

How is everyone's pregnancies going? Louise youre almost single digit count down now!!!!!!

That is so wonderful!!! It will be amazing for you to finally have him home! :cloud9:

Things good over here! Pulled a muscle in my ribs and under my right arm!! Not sure how... Hoovering maybe? Is that a good excuse to get DH to do it from now on? :haha:

So excited for Louise too!!!!

Thanks :) i'm really excited now! 10 days to go! i'm ready to have little man now. the pelvis pain is bad but i'm sure it will all be worth it once he's here. just had a lovely mothers day card from dan, angel and pickle and i got the latest twilight dvd. very unexpected but a very happy me today :)

So glad to hear all you lovely ladies had a good mothers day! In the states our mothers day isn't until may. Ya all have god men there!

AFM right now I'm sitting in the nicu with my lil man. They have ordered all his shots & discharge X-ray for tomorrow so it looks like he may actually be coming home!!!! I spent all day today preparing the house & diaper stations for his arrival and washing the final linens. Unfortunately DH has had a terrible head cold for the last 4days so he's gonna live in masks for awhile when he's home :(
And then upstairs away from our lil one. Poor guy I think he'll just be so happy to at least see Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->