2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Yay Christina!!!! Yay yay yay yay and another HAPPY YAY!!! :happydance:
AFM I have to get my lazy butt up at 430AM tomorrow so we can get on the road, it takes about 10.5 hours driving WITHOUT STOPPING so the trip will probably end up taking about 12 hours for us :wacko: So I probably wont be on at all tomorrow!! I hope little Nathan adjusts well!!!!

happy belated birthday Kate =D>

aww thats brilliant news Christina glad little Nathan's doing well :happydance:

I weighed myself yesterday put on 18lb so far :o

oh my goodness!!!
i'm officially a watermelon :D:D:D

and 1 week today will be the eve before induction :happydance:
i cant wait to meet my little man :D
also blood test this week shows my bile acids have gone right down again with the tablets so i no longer class as havin cholestasis :happydance:
a good day all in all in the scrase household today :D

Great news Louise! You're really in the final stretch!

I took the 3 hour glucose test today, really hoping I passed. We'll see!

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you..... hope the not eating for ages and all the bloods being taken werent too bad :)

Thanks! It actually wasn't so bad. It went a lot faster than I thought it would.

Yay Louise!!! I cant wait to see pictures!!!
How is everyone doing? I made the 12 hour drive REALLY well actually, my back didnt hurt too bad!! YAY!! but then again its probably because I had a pillow behind me the entire time :haha: Im excited to spend time with family and friends while we are in our hometown for the next week or so. Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!

Hey all! My GTT was cancelled :growlmad:
work supposidly "forgot" about the appointment and couldn't spare me so I had to reschedule. Needless to say that the hospital and midwife were furious and tried to get me to stick to the appointment but I just couldn't. It's easier said than done and I'll definitely be going next Tues, hopefully wont be too much of a problem.
Hope you are all well!

Definitely a shitty day. First, I supposedly failed an evaluation at work, but after reviewing the situation I had done everything that I was supposed to do. Of course I had to fight to clear it up, otherwise I would've failed the review through no fault of my own. Strike 1.

Strike 2. Guess who has GD! I failed the fasting score by 6 pts and the first hour score by 14 pts.

One of the worst parts? I had to literally ferret out all the info from the useless nurse. It was like playing 20 questions. I had to ask:

- what my scores were
- what is considered a passing score
- what I need to do immediately to change my diet (her answer - avoid sugar! WOW Captain Obvious, thanks, I'll put down that pixie stick right now!)
- at what point people go on medication

etc.

And at first she told me that I'd have to FAX my blood sugar results weekly. Yes, FAX. I said right, because everyone has a fax machine sitting around at home! I asked her can't you just call them in? Aren't there any other options? And she seriously didn't know the answer. Finally when she called me back with my follow up appointment she said that I could email them. Idiot.

My next appointment is March 29, which means that because the nurses over the phone are completely useless, I will be researching everything I need to do on my end, including ordering books so I at least have *some* idea of what I need to be doing.

If there is any way to review the service provided at the end of this pregnancy, I'm going to give an especially detailed review of the phone support (I should say LACK of support).

Kate that totally sucks. I'm sorry you had such a bad time with the nurses! That is something I would have had to deal with! Maybe give them a call tomorrow and see if you can get some better answers? I can't believe they didn't tell you how to handle your diet. On the plus side it will go away after your princess comes. :hugs: My obgyn office actually called and left a message on my answering machine that I would be charged for not showing/canceling my 34 week check up appt on 3/8!!! DUHHH idiots your midwife delivered me yesterday!

Amber enjoy your trip hon! Time with family before baby comes is SOOO precious! Hope the ride back goes well for you too!

Naomi the docs will get over it! Sometimes I think they forget that ppl work and it just can't be avoided!

wow kristin!!!! what a bunch of lousy sods! I would be DEMANDING to talk to someone who actually could provide answers... what idiots..
Wow Christina! I hope they clear that up! How is little Nathan doing at home?!?! I cant wait to see pictures!
AFM This trip is great so far, however MUCH more hot that I expected!!! Its about 85 F today!!!!! I only packed one pair of capri pants and jeans! Thankfully my mother saw this and bought me a few skirts and sleeveless shirts, I wouldve been DYING if I hadnt gotten summer clothes so early! hahahaha Im also starting to get that dark line down the belly!!! So neat!!! Im also 22 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!! Its going by so fast!!!!!!!!

Health care providers....Can't live with em', can't live without em'. :dohh:

Well girls....I think I might have just peed myself? :haha: People kept telling me it would happen....and I didn't believe them really.... It's not so much that I sneeze or cough or something and the pee comes out...I seem to be able to control it then....it just seems to sort of sporadically "leak" a little bit. Anyone else have this problem? Have started wearing panty liners to help. On the plus side, this is probably the first negative pregnancy symptom I've had for a while...so can't really complain!

Health care providers....Can't live with em', can't live without em'. :dohh:

Well girls....I think I might have just peed myself? :haha: People kept telling me it would happen....and I didn't believe them really.... It's not so much that I sneeze or cough or something and the pee comes out...I seem to be able to control it then....it just seems to sort of sporadically "leak" a little bit. Anyone else have this problem? Have started wearing panty liners to help. On the plus side, this is probably the first negative pregnancy symptom I've had for a while...so can't really complain!

I started having that and peezes towards 33 wks or so ( the dreaded pee sneeze lol) I always had really good bladder control too but inevidably bub's weight on your bladder will win out haha. Just keep using the liners and know we all felt your pain at some point! Now the pads have migrated up so I don't leak thru my shirts lol

:haha: thanks!

I'm kind of freaked out now though, because I've read about people leaking amniotic fluid. I mean...I seem to "leak" quite a bit, but it's not really with any sort of "effort". Like I could just be sitting down and suddenly it feels wet and my uderwear are wet...and doesn't really feel like I'm peeing! :shrug:

I have a m/w appointment next tuesday, so I will mention it then. Hopefully I'm just being silly and it is nothing to worry about. :blush: You just never know! There are too many things that can go wrong in pregnancy. That's the one thing about being pregnant that I don't like....just want to fast forward to holding my little boy in my arms and knowing that he is here safe and sound!

hello girls.
glad everyone seems to be doin ok.
kristin i cant believe they didnt tell u what u need to do for the gd. ring and complain and demand answers!!!
christina, id tell them to do one and not give them a penny, stupid people!!
and yeah the pee sneezes are awful lol!!

had my last scan today and little man has grown nicely to estimated 8lb 4oz!!
we'll see on weds how right they are.....
other than that, the consultant was really happy and she told me she was really really happy with how my pregnancy has gone and she'll be down to labour ward on weds to visit me and the baby when he arrives!!
cant believe i'm almost there!!
im getting really excited now!

Dan's dad has made us a crib and its so beautiful. he bought it round on monday and now its all set up and im in love with it. i will take a pic later to show you all :D

6 days :happydance:

Hey girls, sorry I've been a bit quiet, those who have seen my facebook will know what a crap week it's been!
Long post warning - Sorry!

Started out not too bad on Monday, had my midwife appt, mentioned to her that I was having trouble breathing again but we both agreed it would be my asthma getting worse as baby gets bigger so I agreed to see the doctor to see about getting a stronger inhaler.
Then we got to measuring bump, that's where it started to go wrong, bump is measuring big - 28 cms is the maximum according to my growth chart and she's at 29cms....But we also noticed that I'm really tender across the lower part of bump so midwife said that it really needed checking out by the doctor especially as I had protein in my pee sample as well.
So, book in to see a doctor (not my usual one) the next morning.
He concentrates on my breathing, doesn't listen to me when I tell him I know it's my asthma as using my inhaler helps me etc.
He does a very quick two minute check of bump and then writes a letter out and tells me to go to ADAU at my local hospital. I thought it was to get bump checked.
I get to ADAU and they read my doctors letter and put me straight on a bed and whip an oxygen mask on me......Errr ok......Whatever!
I get to see the ADAU doctor about two hours later who ignores the tenderness in my bump and starts telling me all about blood clots....I know about them already seeing as my Mum nearly died from one.
Now I'm starting to realise that they're going to totally ignore tenderness in bump and go straight for blood clot scenario....I'm not happy! Just give me a better inhaler ffs!
So, I have obs every 15 mins, BP is steady at 117/68, heart rate is good at 86bpm, sats are at 98% on oxygen.
I have bloods taken, I have a chest x-ray and I'm sat around waiting like a lemon for EIGHT hours! Jesus, I hate to think if I had an actual clot, not sure that dropping dead on the bed would have looked good for the hospital!
I was sat in a wheelchair on mobile oxygen in the waiting since having my x-ray done which was about three hours in total, I have to say, no one was really that worried as no one noticed when my oxygen ran out after about two hours....I tell them that I really do have to be getting home and ask what the hold up is...They tell me that they're waiting on the doctor to review my x-ray before they can do anything.
They take my obs, everything still the same apart from my sats which have dropped to 96%...Gee, guess that'll be my asthma playing up as I'm no longer on oxygen then!

I sat there and waited until 6pm (I'd seen my doctor at 9am) and eventually I had enough of just being ignored and no one telling me what was wrong so I got up and just walked out. Boy was I pissed!

Funnily enough, although I've still got problems breathing (Still haven't got a stronger inhaler!) I haven't dropped dead or had any problems since then....Guess that means I don't have a blood clot then!

So, that was Tuesday!

Wednesday, day of rest, I did nothing!

Thursday, go pram shopping, buy my iCandy (I freaking love my pram!) and drop into my midwife on the way back to get my anti D shot......Complete baby brain that day...It wasn't until I was in her room that I realised I'd forgotten my pregnancy notes :dohh:
Arrange for her to come to hospital today to give me it as I'm there for my OGTT.

Friday (today)
What a crap day :(
Fasting blood sugar level? 6.9....FAIL!
Have my lucozade (downed it as I was so thirsty!) and then waited two hours for my next set of bloods....
10:30am and I'm getting blood drawn again, nurse tells me that I'd normally have to wait until Monday for my results but as my first levels were so high, I have to ring back at 6pm tonight - three and a half hours to wait - so, now I'm done with my OGTT but to add insult to injury, the nurse tells me to lower my trousers, hang over the bed and then she stabs me in my butt for my anti D.... *sigh*

But, I went to the bakery on my way home, Tuna baguette, caramel doughnut and a belgian bun have been consumed in preparation for me being told to cut out sugary foods!

Oh, and my pram arrived....How freaking lovely is this?

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/bikerchick82/IMG_0961.jpg

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/bikerchick82/IMG_0963.jpg

oh Kate what a terrible week! Did any of the doctors even notice that you had left? I probably would have done the same! Make sure you follow up with the mw about your asthma tho! Look out cuz i've found i have even less patience now that bubs is here:haha: I love the pram too!

Amber I'm finally getting to put the pics on my phone into the computer so here are a few. Kate this is what we put up with idiot doctors for! It'll all be a distant memory once your princess is here!

Nathan got his first bath in his own tub yesterday and once the warming towel went on he had no idea what to make of it all. lol i haven't laughed that hard in a long time! He saw the doc and is now 5lbs 7oz of farting love, and a total cuddle bug!:cloud9:
Don't mind the stupid look on my face either it was taken moments after the last tubes came out and i could finally SEE my son! Oh and a final bump pic 3days before his dramatic grand entrance.

Attachments

• 1sttubefree.jpg
    1sttubefree.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 5
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
  • nomoretubes.jpg
    nomoretubes.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
Omg, he is so handsome! He looks like he has bags of character already!

I think I just fell a little bit in love with your son, hope you don't mind :haha:

My week just got better.....I actually passed the OGTT! I saw my original blood level when the nurse showed me the machine, it was definitely 6.9, yet the lab results on the same blood (fasting sample) only showed a level of 5.7, I'm amazed at how far out the machine was on the unit!
My glucose level after the lucozade was a tiny 4.8 so actually lower than my fasting level, I'm not sure how that works but I'm taking that and running with it :haha:

I think I've lost all faith in ADAU as I've been there twice and twice they've worked me up over nothing :dohh:

Now, excuse, I'm going to go look at the gorgeous pictures of Nathan again :winkwink:

Omg, he is so handsome! He looks like he has bags of character already!

I think I just fell a little bit in love with your son, hope you don't mind :haha:

My week just got better.....I actually passed the OGTT! I saw my original blood level when the nurse showed me the machine, it was definitely 6.9, yet the lab results on the same blood (fasting sample) only showed a level of 5.7, I'm amazed at how far out the machine was on the unit!
My glucose level after the lucozade was a tiny 4.8 so actually lower than my fasting level, I'm not sure how that works but I'm taking that and running with it :haha:

I think I've lost all faith in ADAU as I've been there twice and twice they've worked me up over nothing :dohh:

Now, excuse, I'm going to go look at the gorgeous pictures of Nathan again :winkwink:

kate i'm glad to hear you passed it! i celebrated passing my second one with a brownie:blush:
here's a couple "right side up pics" of him! lol I'm sooo in love. Just wait till your princess comes you'll be suprised how long you can just sit and stare at them! And youre right he has SOO much character already the faces just crack me up!lol
the one pic is right after he was born and still swollen. He had the umbilical cord wrapped 2x around his neck so his face was still alittle blue but doc said it won't effect him at all in the future since it was pretty loose on the second tangle

Attachments

• hiya.jpg
    hiya.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
  • hidaddy.jpg
    hidaddy.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2
  • justborn2.jpg
    justborn2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online