2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

I was thinking its been a bit quiet! I guess some of us are busy with newborns... And others are busy being freakishly tired! :wacko:

Hope everyone is ok! Sorry I haven't been posting much ATM! :hugs:

I'm in the tired category, I took a 4 hour nap yesterday!!

Less than 2 months to go for me!

cant wait to see pics of all these watermelons being born soon!!
i cant believe Alfie is 2 weeks old today!! the time has flown by!!

hope the next couple of months go quickly for you all, i know it dragged for me but now he's here, the days fly by!!

Alfie is now 8lb 1oz, so growing nicely! we have the health visitor coming in a bit..... not quite sure if im gunna like her..... think it comes from having an awesome midwife the whole way through the pregnancy that now im a bit nervous of someone else coming in and telling me what to do with my baby...... we shall see!!

i'll post an up to date pic later on..... he's changed so much already!!

Look at that beautiful boy!! :cloud9:

Soo... Have a read of this. I'm a first timer... So don't know whether it's true or not... But thought it was worth sharing! What are your thoughts?

https://www.hisboyscanswim.com/2835...labor-and-delivery-childbirth-and-coming-home

Souch of that is SOOO true lol. Also I'll admit the whole pee /poop thing will be the last thing on your mind at the time! I found out from my mom that I did:blush: but didn't notice as the midwife didn't even flinch and DH never noticed!

oh yea, apparently I did with our DD haha its pretty much inevitable, but you dont even know it! They are good bout cleaning it up right away and not even flinching about it

Hey girls, sorry I've been quiet, came up north to visit my parents for Easter and decided I was bored on Easter Sunday so got admitted to hospital, had a few tests (CT scans, ultrasounds and chest X-rays) and have managed to find out that the breathlessness my own gp put down to asthma was in fact a couple of blood clots on my lung - to say I'm not happy with my gp is an understatement!

So, thanks to the doctors who had their brains switched on up here, I now have to inject myself with heparin every day to thin my blood to get rid of the clots I have and to make sure I don't get any more, I'll be injecting until at least six weeks after giving birth and then will most likely be put on warfarin, although I'm not keen on the idea due to wanting to breast feed (warfarin would affect the baby) its something I can discuss with the doctors later on!

So, if anyone feels like the breathlessness they're experiencing is more than the baby taking up more room then please make sure your doctor listens to you properly and don't be fobbed off like I was!

oh my goodness!
glad you got it sorted finally!!
how scary! i'd put in a complaint about the doctor mis-diagnosing you!! thats shocking!!

I've got more than that to complain about according to the hospital I was admitted to, they told me that a risk assessment should have been done by my midwife at my booking in because of family history of P.E.'s and then put on a low dose of heparin from the beginning of my pregnancy to make sure this didn't happen!
I'm just so angry that my own doctors and midwife have endangered not just me but my baby through incompetence....

How terrible!! Glad that they have taken care of you though. I'd like to give your gp or mw a piece of my mind though!! :grr:

Holy crap Kate! That's life threatening. Thank goodness you're okay. :hugs:

Glad to see you've kept your sense of humor thru it all Kate lol. I've seen your fb posts but didn't want to pry. Glad it all worked out, I would be livid with my doc! At least you have a game plan now even if it is becoming a pin cushion for awhile :)

Kate that is flippin terrible!!! I'm so glad your OK now though, must have been awful! I hope you get a massive apology from them!
Hello to everyone else!
I'm so sorry I haven't been posting much, I have been stalking though! Feels wierd at this point in the pregnancy as I feel so excited to be so close but so down that I still have 8 weeks or so, especially if Noodle is late. Been a real mix of emotions that I haven't known what to do with. That and the 4D scan didn't go according to plan and as that was my main birthday present I was gutted, took me ages to realise that actually it was worth every penny just to know he was ok, I just had my heart set on some good pictures!! Silly I know!!
Hope all the new mummy's are doing well!

Wow, What Sods! Hope everything goes well until you lo comes Kate!

AFM.. I seriously think my Preggo craziness is gearing up... I almost started CRYING because I thought the grocery store forgot to put my apples in my cart but I didnt realize it until I was home and my 3 yr old was climbing the stairs.. its 3 flights to our apartment.. I was on my second trip up the stairs with the groceries when I realized I didnt see the bag of apples (they were actually in a different bag than I thought they would be, but I DID indeed have them :haha: ) Then my DH told me that he has to go about 3 hours from home the EXACT same weekend that I will be leaving for 3 days for a womens retreat.. which means we have to scramble to find someone to watch our DD and I seriously almost bit his head off. He HAS to go though because its a military thing and as such he doesnt have a choice. Luckily we have amazing friends who have agreed to watch our DD for the 2.5 days since they have kids of their own who follow the same schedule as our DD. WHEW.. Im so incredibly tired now too... :(

thats really bad!!!
i'd complain about it all!!

2 weeks.jpg

Here is my cheeky little man at 2 weeks old..... i know its taken me 5 days to upload it lol. sorry :D

Kate thats horrible! Hope you and LO are fine now :)

Louise, he is adorable!

I had a scare during the weekend. As a first time mom I have no idea how contractions feel. I experienced a lot of back ache and menstural like cramps. Called L&D and they told me to come in to be sure everything is fine. Well it turned out I had contractions 6 min apart. I got so scared! Ofcourse I started crying, my husband was just the sweetest and he was a great support. LO is doing good but I was so not ready for him to come. I mean Im not even prepared. At all!

The doctor came in later and told me to not worry, I got a shot and they told me if I experience something like that to come in again and get one more shot. They also told me if it would happen that he comes now that I should not be scared but I dont want him here yet :(.

On Monday we had our 32 week growth scan. He is measuring 4.6 lbs. The nurse tried to take a 3D shot of his face but he was hiding behind his arms.

I hope everyone is okay, I am about to wash all clothes this week and buy everything that is left since now I know that you never know when they feel like coming out.

amii-I had a similar scare the other night. By the way louise baby boy is just gorgeous! anyway I went to the ER the other night and they told me I was dialated to one but fortunantly this doc was incorrect and i am only dialated a fingertip. Was scary because I was having contractions as well . I went home instead because I talked to my obgyn and she told me to come in the next day and I did and everything is ok no more contractions and I am dialated a fingertip. I don't want a baby now either. I want her to wait until at least 37 weeks but as you said sometimes they have mind of their own. Hope everyone is well and hopefully I can catch up a bit more later. Kate hope you are doing lots better.:hug:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->