2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

With my DD I was dilated to 4cm for about 3 weeks before she decided to finally come hahaha but all I had were braxton-hicks contractions so I wasnt in pain at all and didnt even know I had dilated :shrug:

ah amii and kim, i bet you both must have been quite scared!
i know i would have been too!
glad ur both hanging on in there and cooking the little ones for a bit longer still :D

Hey ladies, I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I am glad to see everyone is doing well!

It has been 5 months since we lost the twins and I am still waiting for my BFP.....

wishing you all the best as you welcome your little bundles!

xoxo Lindsay

Amina & Kim - Wow!! That must have been super scary. Glad you and your LO's are okay.

Louise - Love the pic!!

Lindsay - So glad you stopped by! :hugs: I hope you get that :bfp: soon!! :dust:

Lindsay, it's good to hear from you, I really hope you get a sticky bean soon :hugs:

Quick question for you girls, my bump has dropped loads and I can feel loads of pressure down below, would I be right in thinking that she's engaging? She's been head down for over three weeks now.
Also, if it does show she's engaged/engaging, is there a rough idea of how long it would be until she's ready to make an appearance?
It might be stupid questions but I've never done this bit before!
I've got my growth scan on 8th May but that's forever to wait :blush:

Lindsay, it's good to hear from you, I really hope you get a sticky bean soon :hugs:

Quick question for you girls, my bump has dropped loads and I can feel loads of pressure down below, would I be right in thinking that she's engaging? She's been head down for over three weeks now.
Also, if it does show she's engaged/engaging, is there a rough idea of how long it would be until she's ready to make an appearance?
It might be stupid questions but I've never done this bit before!
I've got my growth scan on 8th May but that's forever to wait :blush:

Kate at 32 wks she absolutely could be engaging but unfortunately you could be like that till 40wks. If you start having lightening vag then def engaging lol. I think a lot of babies start engaging around 32-34 weeks

Hi Lindsay hope your doing well and I hope you get your BFP soon

:dust:

Had my scan on friday and the placenta has moved up and baby is measuring up well. They estimate a birth weight of about 8 and a half pounds

I have my glucose testing in a week :sick: Im DEFINITELY not ready for it!!!

I thought the glucose testing was easy, the worst part was the fasting beforehand as I had major heartburn by the time I got to eat.....

I'm not sure how they do it in the States but here we get a sugary drink (mine was Lucozade) then we wait two hours and have another blood test done and that's it.

I'd gladly do the glucose test every week if it meant I didn't have to put up with everything else :haha:

Good luck for it though!

Thank Kate, Here in the States I can eat and drink (nothing sugary) up until I have to take an orange drink called Glucose (I think) THEN I cant eat or drink anything until I get my blood drawn an hour later. I just remember drinking it with my DD and it tasted AWFUL! :(

Yuck! We've got to fast for ten hours before our first bloods are drawn, get the drink then fast again for two hours, then have second bloods taken and then we can eat....I ate. A lot. There were cream cakes :haha:

hahaha youre too funny! Im excited to do it this go-round because they went ahead and gave me the drink so its currently in my fridge getting nice and cold until Tuesday when I drink it an hour before my appt, I cant eat or drink anything AFTER I drink it (chug it more like) but I can eat simple foods (no sugars) and drink water before drinking it.. Then durning that appt they will draw my blood after the hour is up. So Im definitely hoping it goes faster this time and Im going to make sure I have a protein bar on hand for the minute after they draw the blood :haha:

Heather had her twins!! :dance: Just saw it on Facebook! She and the boys are doing well!

Omg really?? Oooooh its our time sooon! Im freaking ooout haha!

Congrats to her and her family! I hope she comes on to post pics :D!

Thank you dear! You hit 34 on Sunday right? Time is flying :nope:. Dont get me wrong, I am so anxious to meet him but Im so afraid of labor its insane!

Yup! Good memory! It is Sunday for me.

I'm a bit scared too. I have childbirth classes coming up in May, one full Saturday and one half day the following Saturday (the 12th and the 19th). I keep thinking what if I go into labor early and miss my classes?!

But then again women have been birthing since the beginning of time... at least we don't have to squat in a field eh? :haha:

Labour is scary i'm not gunna lie. its painful too! but its really true what they say, once you look at ur little one, all the pain instantly vanishes and you completely forget because you have this amazing little piece of you staring up lookin you straight in the eyes :) best feeling in the entire world! congratulations to heather. can't wait for you all to have your babies! its going so quickly now. Alfie is 4 weeks already! crazy! hope you're all well and not long now :)

labor does hurt, but dont concentrate on that, your body knows what needs to be done and does it amazingly well :) once that baby is out you seriously dont feel anymore pain. Not just because you see your baby either.. Your body is done with the really hard work and so you dont notice it anymore! Im so excited to go into labor!

Gotta agree with the other ladies the pain is gone SOOO quickly. Also all those terrible pregnancy symptoms too lol. I was in heaven the day after bub's was born just to have my first heartburn free day in 8 mths!
I'm so excited for all these births coming up!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->