2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Oh Kate Im so sorry, I suspected that. Im going through the same thing though. I am measuring 2 weeks ahead and at my 32 week appointment bub was 4 lbs 8 oz so hes doing good. But my midwife told me not to worry, it might take several weeks before anything happens. So lets hope we make it past 37 weeks :)

Thank you Naomi :hugs:

It's weird because on one hand I want her here so I can just enjoy her (and so I'm not in labour for ages!) but on the other hand I would like her to cook for at least a couple more weeks.....It's only 3 more weeks until I hit full term so it wouldn't be the worst thing if she came now...I just don't know if I'm ready for it to happen yet :haha:

You could have warned me Amina :winkwink: I almost fell out of my chair when my midwife said it looked like early labour - thank God I didn't because I'd have been on the floor for weeks seeing as I would have no chance of getting back up :haha:

Haha I didnt know what you were experiencing! Heck I didnt even know I was in early labor. I just thought my back hurt because of my huge bump :dohh:

I know what you mean, I am soo anxious to meet my little man and I just want him to arrive safely. He hid the whole time we tried to see him in 3D so I havent even seen him :(.

But I want him to become a little chubbier. A couple of more weeks. Id be satisfied to have him here around 38 weeks. Less than 3 more weeks. Ill put a plug down there so he cant come out even if he wants :haha:

Lmao! I'm now imagining both of us walking...I mean waddling!! around with huge plugs between our legs to keep the babies inside for a bit longer :haha:

See, because I'm measuring 6 (!!!!) weeks ahead, I'm also a little anxious that she doesn't get much bigger if it is all baby, I definitely want to at least make it to my growth scan next Tuesday but if she is looking like a big baby then I'd rather have her out before she becomes a monster :haha:

How have you coped at night? I had a really bad night last night with the cramps and being sick etc....Has it got any better for you? I'm not looking forward to nights of crappy sleep like last night!

Holy crap i've missed sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! First and foremost CONGRATS JESS & LINDSAY!!!!!:happydance::happydance: You two better keep in touch here! None of tthe watermelon smugglers have been forgotten!:hugs:

Kate & Amii so sorry your going thru all this but glad you've got doctors who notice the signs! A little more baking is always good (for bubs at least, lol) but your also far enough along for it to work ou too, just a harder road. I was 34+5 when Nathan came! I just had an idiot doc that told me the pains i was having was "part of pregnancy":growlmad:

Kate i hope your appt goes well, thats alot of pre-e symptoms! Keep us posted!

Amber glad everything is going well! Third tri already! Time is flying by!

AFM monday is lil dude's 2 month appt already! cant wait to see what his weight is now. We've been fighting some formula issues since breastfeeding hasn't worked out to well for me and now he's showing signs of a milk protien allergy (common for preemies) Just cant wait to get out of this house as DH is overprotective daddy still and won't let him/me out yet:dohh: Anyway here is a current pic from when we went to the doc the other day and got all dressed up:D

Attachments

• pimpin.jpg
    pimpin.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
What gorgeous little boys Alfie and Nathan are! :cloud9: can't wait to meet mine too!

Amii and Kate... Hope everything goes ok and you can keep those little ones cooking a bit longer! :hugs:

Thankfully after midwife appts, gp appts and finally a spell in ADAU.....Blood and urine came back negative for pre eclampsia, cervix check and swab negative for impending labour and leaking waters and CTG showed very strong braxton hicks but no actual contractions.....I'm just about to put my feet up and enjoy my FIRST cup of tea today :haha:

Christina, Nathan is just too damn cute! He's going to break hearts when he's older! (In the nicest possible way!)

Thank you Beth, looks like Squirmy will indeed be cooking for a bit longer! Not sure whether I'm pleased or not about that :haha:

glad to hear that Kate! Cook a little longer little lady!!! It'll be your time soon!

Aww Alfie & Nathan are so cute I can't believe how big they are already

Jes - congrats hun xx

kate - glad to hear everythings ok now :thumbup:

Thats me finished work so I should hopefully be able to get on here more now :) Just been busy decorating and trying to get all my baby stuff bought going to pack my hospital bag this week. Only 38 days to go :shock:

Christina nathan is SOOOOO adorable!!!!!

Eeek Im so excited to see who the next watermelon is going to be!

We are getting there girls! Im now officially passed the point of independence :wacko: I cant even lotion my legs anymore :cry: at least DH is willing and wanting to help when he can, Im sooooo ready for July!!

The dr office just now called a freaking week after my last appt to tell me that I "have elevated sugar levels" from my gtt... she didnt even tell me what it was, but that they dont want to put me through the 3 hour one and send me straight to an endocrinologist. I dont even eat a ton of sugary things!! I didnt have this with our DD!! What?!?!? :(

So does that mean you have GD? What are they doing next? :hugs:

Your elevated levels do not mean that you're eating a ton of sugary foods. It means that your body can't process them the same way because you are pregnant. I didn't fail my test by eating a ton of sugary foods. It's just that it's much harder for pregnant women to process. If it is GD, it isn't your fault.

no it doesnt mean that I HAVE gd apparently.. but that my levels were so high that they just dont want to make me sit for 3 hours I guess.. I dont know. My silly preggo self is seriously about to cry about this :(

I don't understand... how does sitting for a 3 hour test make anything worse?

I have no idea, Id rather get the 3 hour test to definitely rule it as a positive diagnosis before going and spending more money on talking to some endocrinologist if I dont even have GD... GRRRR.

I hope they give you some answers soon hon :hugs:

Just keep in mind that if it really is GD, it's really not the end of the world. I was super upset when I found out, but it's really very manageable. I'm still super healthy, my numbers are completely under control, and the baby is perfectly safe.

Keep us posted!

so apparently my gtt was at 175 which I think isnt that high.. I mean yes its kindof high but still not high enough to just SKIP the 3 hr right? I was told like over 200 was the just skipping the 3 hr.. Whatever..
apparently Im slightly anemic too but I expected that since I had to take extra iron with our DD too.. but this time she said to take a liquid instead of the pill supplement.. floridex- iron supp 1 tsp a day. its supposed to be more gentle on the digestive system. is 175 really really high? baby isnt growing too fast baby is right on schedule if not a couple days behind in growth and Im 29 weeks tomorrow but I look like Im 26 or so.. I dont know anything about this, Ive never had that high of a score.. could it be that since my cravings are breads and sandwiches and whatnot that the carbs are making my sugar levels high?

Hon, 175 is very high. I failed the one hour test with a score of 135. You need to insist that they give you the 3 hour test and properly diagnose you, or at the very least set you up with a glucose monitoring kit.

Amber I hope you get some proper answers soon! So far it doesn't seem very organised of them :hugs:

AFM, had my growth scan and consultant appt today, growth scan shows femur length at 97th percentile and head circumference and abdomen circumference are off the scale....I think I'm going to give birth to a blue whale - seems like Squirmy hasn't listened to any of my lectures about not being too big :hissy:

That's not the worst though, seems like I'm not clear of pre eclampsia after all, BP was high again today, I now have to have my midwife visit every other day to check it, another growth scan and consultant appts in two weeks and there's talk of having to induce early....Not something I wanted no matter how much I moan about her being in there but if it means she's not at risk then so be it!
We'll just have to wait and see how it goes!

well apparently the chart says anything under 175 and you pass... if its 175 to 200 then they bring you in for the 3 hr and if its 200+ THEN they just skip the 3hr and send you off. So Im RIGHT on the edge! Im 175! oh well I guess the worse that can happen is the endocrinologist tells me I cant have chips or pickles or smoothies which are my cravings hahaha. Im giving up, knowing that Im right on the edge I know theres a really good chance that I probably dont have GD since everything is on schedule with bump and I suppose it will get good to at least talk to a nutritionist anyway. :shrug: I just hope it doesnt cost a ton of money cause our insurance doesnt cover "wellness" I hope it would be considered "preventative" but whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->