2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Amber-mine was 175 also and they did the 3hr for me and it turned ok just be sure to to do the 3hr and make sure there is nothing. I am sure you are fine but be sure just for yours and babys sake. Looks like everyone is ok .....kate-hope everything is better for you. Weege and lily-your LO's are adorable. Kristin-how are you plugging along? Sorry I don't post but just busy busy busy these days and alot of drama right now. Hope everyone is ok and my newest update is that I am dialated 1 and no effacement. Been walking like crazy! :hug: and take care ladies!

well apparently the chart says anything under 175 and you pass... if its 175 to 200 then they bring you in for the 3 hr and if its 200+ THEN they just skip the 3hr and send you off. So Im RIGHT on the edge! Im 175! oh well I guess the worse that can happen is the endocrinologist tells me I cant have chips or pickles or smoothies which are my cravings hahaha. Im giving up, knowing that Im right on the edge I know theres a really good chance that I probably dont have GD since everything is on schedule with bump and I suppose it will get good to at least talk to a nutritionist anyway. :shrug: I just hope it doesnt cost a ton of money cause our insurance doesnt cover "wellness" I hope it would be considered "preventative" but whatever

That's really surprising... most doctors say 135 or 140 maximum is considered passing for 1 hour. I was considered borderline with just a score of 135. I just don't get why they aren't doing the proper testing to find out if you actually do have it or not.

If there actually is a GD diagnosis, then your insurance should cover any appointments with nutritionists/endocrinologists/etc which is another major reason to insist that they give you a definite answer. Otherwise, you might very well get charged. I was almost charged 200 dollars for the nutritionist visit because it wasn't properly coded at first for GD. So paying out of pocket is quite astronomical if you don't have it covered. Just my 2 cents.

yea the more I think about it the more I get upset.. I go see the endo dr tomorrow and since I dont know if I have it Im going to talk to the receptionist right away asking about cost etc.

my appt is at 11am EST so I still have a ton of time to still get angry and upset about it.. oh well

I was upset when I found out I had GD. Just keep in mind you probably don't have it! And even if you do, it's not your fault :hugs:

Thanks Kristen, I saw the endo dr and she did the finger prick blood A1C test and it was actually almost LOW haha so she said " I honestly dont think you have it at all" so Im getting the 3 hr test done tomorrow and they gave me a sample meter and test strips and lancets to test until then, they were super awesome about the whole thing. Now I just have to figure out how Im going to not eat anything from midnight until 1 pm tomorrow!!!!!!! :wacko:

Oh good!! Glad your reading was low and that they're giving you the test tomorrow. I'm sure you're fine, and it'll help put your mind at ease! :hugs:

Im so sorry I have been missing but the contractions have been at it again! My husband left for a business trip saturday and we joked all day about me having the baby while he's gone. He was supposed to be gone for only three days.

Well guess what happens. On Sunday night I get contractions that are really strong and only 3 min apart. First I thought they would go away but then I couldnt take it anymore and called L&D. The midwife on the phone told me to get in immediately. So off I went with my dad (LOL). They hooked me up on that machine (pregnancy brain, cant remember what its called) and sure enough I had really strong contractions. The doctor came and checked me. Little on is fully engaged and im dilated to 1.5 cm. I was 35+3 and she said that he would be perfectly fine if he came now but that she wanted him cooking a little bit more.

Thank God for that, the worst thing is that my husband wasnt even there! My dad is the sweetest and just the best support ever but it would really suck if my husband missed the birth of his first child. Well yesterday I had an appointment with my MW and we discussed my birthplan. Nothing much there except that I said that I want to keep the epi as a plan B. Will try to go natural but if the pain is unbearable Im taking the drugs! Haha

She also said since Im 36 weeks she doubts they will stop my contractions anymore but that we should cross our fingers that he makes it atleast past 37 weeks. I told my husband, look when he hits 37 weeks now and my contractions just wear off and I go past my due date haha. He is already messing with mommy.

Im sorry for the superlong post and I have to catch up on what is going on with the rest of you on here :). I hope everybody is feeling fine and that the babies are healthy and not upsetting their mommies like mine is :D.

I have my 3 hr gtt today in about an hour.. Im so incredibly hungry already!!! :wacko: unfortunately I cant eat or drink anything until after my normal LUNCHTIME... hahaha I know everyone knows what Im talking about but MAN is this going to be hard!!!!!!

Hope it all goes well Amber! I feel for you, I remember having to sit in the hospital for 3 hours with the fasting, being mega hungry and watching a little boy eating a huge chocolate muffin!! It was horrible! Still its all worth it to make sure all is OK!

Wow Amina that's crazy! Did they give you a drug to stop the contractions so that the baby stays put?

Omg I totally missed that part haha. Wow talk about pregnancy brain. Yes I got a shot again. Felt so good afterwards, my whole body relaxed and the cramps and contractions were gone. I'm leaning towards an epi after that experience. I'm ashamed to admit but it felt so good.

Hmm, so, there I was, laid in bed, just turned the light out and turned over when all of a sudden..... Gush.
Uh huh, my waters broke at about 2am, I'm now in the hospital and won't be leaving without having my daughter!

OMG!! Our first June bug! This is so exciting! You will be in my thoughts and I will be praying for a safe arrival of your little princess! Good luck Kate!

How exciting! Another watermelon baby! :happydance: good luck with everything! :hugs:

omg! i've missed so much :dohh:
amii, glad little one is hanging on in there a bit longer!!
amber, good luck for the test and hope it all gets sorted!
kate!! how exciting not leaving without your little girl!! hope it all goes well!!

hope everyone else is ok. cant believe how close everyone is getting to the end now!!

little update,Alfie is now 10lb 2oz. which is just under to 50th centile line :happydance: so he's doing well. he's just got issue with reflux at the minute so were trying out different things to help him. we've tried stay down milk and also tried gaviscon but neither worked. at the 6 week check yesterday, she gave us carobel. we'll see if it has any effect although im not holding out much hope:nope:

anyway apart from that he's a happy little bubba still. he smiles a lot and has found his frown. its so cute!! also we gave him tummy time the other day and he got himself on his knees and elbows and lifted his head and did this commando crawled up the bed. to say i was shocked was an understatement!!! i sat there like you are 6 weeks old dude, im sure you're not supposed to be able to do that yet!!
then he layed back down and then rolled himself over onto his back!!!! so proud :cloud9:
looks like im gunna have an early crawler :thumbup:

sorry for the essay, just had a spare 5 mins and realised i'd been mia for ages!!
here's alfie at 6 weeks. he's growing so fast!! now in 0-3 months clothes and size 2 nappies!!
294910_10151695502525398_778920397_23877204_383477296_n.jpg

579249_10151695502660398_778920397_23877207_158257800_n.jpg

Very quick update as my battery is dying on my phone :haha:

Waters have definitely gone but no sign of contractions yet so, getting steroid shots today for Squirmy's lungs and will be getting induced tomorrow of there's still no progress!
I knew the little bugger wouldn't wait until June!!!

Kate Im so excited for you!!! I cant wait to see pictures of the precious little princess! the first girl watermelon!!
Christina hes getting so big!! I cant believe hes already squirm/crawling and rolling!! thats amazing!
Hope everything stays as it should be Amina! I had an epidural with our DD and it was amazing not feeling anything and actually being able to sleep hahaha but the downside was that I couldnt move or do anything without help until the morning really.. so this time around I going to try and do everything all natural so I can actually get up and use the restroom when I need to and leave sooner from the hospital :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->