2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Today's update, had my bloody show and waters are pink, cervix still closed so first dose of Prostin has been inserted, if there's no progress by 4pm then it's onto syntocin and down to labour ward for me!! Jesus, she might be here tonight!

Hoping for a quick delivery for you Kate!! Happy Mothers Day everyone!! We are mammas already even if our Lo's arent here yet! :hugs:

Happy mothers day Kate and may it be a special one for you! :) Glad everyone is well ....amber-Sorry you have to do the 3 hr but will be well worth it. Can't wait to see pics kate! Happy mothers day to everyone! Hoping everyone has an awesome day!

thanks Iamblessed, I wont know if I passed it until tomorrow, so I have to stick myself one more time tomorrow morning :wacko: of course tomorrow morning around 5am we are leaving for a 12 hour car ride.. BLEH! Im definitely going to need to stop and stretch out every couple of hours so its going to end up being a REALLY long trip! My back is going to be soooo mad at me hahaha

Kate had her baby!!! I hope she won't mind me copying her FB status update:

"Baby Jennifer arrived at 5:15 this morning weighing 6lb 4oz, I'm very biased but she's beautiful and doing really well, no neonatal unit for us!"

Yay Kate!!! I saw a picture of little Jessica on facebook! Shes soooooo cute!!!!

SO I got my results back from my 3 hr gtt today and YAY!!! no GD! I dont have to test my blood sugar levels at all and I dont have to watch my diet since I have a pretty awesome diet anyway. WHEW I was getting worried something would be wrong!

Aaaaw congrats Kate!! Update with a picture ASAP! :D:D Im so jelly!

While I'm pinned in bed getting lots of skin to skin (she's meant to be feeding but is being lazy lol) a quick update, Jennifer is undergoing light therapy and IV antibiotics as she's very jaundiced and with the risk factors, the docs have decided to play it safe just in case she has an infection with my waters being gone for more than 48 hours, or in case my antibodies crossed over to her.
We'll be in hospital until at least Friday due to her being premature.
In the meantime! The latest photo of Squirmy being lazy :haha:
https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/bikerchick82/bea87a16.jpg

awwwwwww shes so incredibly precious Kate!!! Congratulations!! the first female watermelon!!!!

o what a sweetheart!! No wonder you are smitten!! She is gorgeous Kate, congratulations!

Oh my Kate shes absolutely gorgeous! And what a little chunk! Congrats again, she is just adorable :D:D:D

What a little sweetie! :cloud9: Can't believe she already weighed 6lb 4 that early! She's a healthy little thing! Congrats! :thumbup:

Let me start off by saying that the baby is fine - she's moving regularly and heartbeat is 164. However, she's actually small for this far along in the pregnancy (18th percentile), and her fluids are low. She's also breech, even though she had been head down as of a few weeks ago. Being breech in and of itself wouldn't be too big an issue as I could go to an appointment in which they'd hook me up to an external monitor and they'd do their poking and prodding to get her in the right position. But being that her fluid is low, they can't do that. Apparently if there's not enough fluid, it creates too much friction and they can't risk trying to flip her around.

So what does this all mean? First it means that I go back to the doctor's tomorrow. A doctor, not a midwife. I'm not exactly sure what they'll be doing tomorrow, but there are a couple of possible outcomes. If she remains breech and fluids are so low that they can't turn her around, they will schedule a c section around week 37 or 38. If she flips, I might still have a regular birth. I also have to increase my water consumption. I drink 1 liter a day now as it is, but I'm increasing that now to at least 1.5 liters. I've also been advised to stay out of work until Monday (definitely not sad about that at all.)

It's really a day-by-day thing right now. I really just have to go with the flow. She may or may not be here early. I may or may not need a c section. It's all completely up in the air.

Why is this happening? Even though my numbers have been fine, low fluid and small size can be a result of the GD. But the midwife (I saw Warm & Fuzzy today, yay!) said that I did absolutely nothing wrong, that I've been doing everything right, and to not blame myself.

many women get told by drs that they HAVE to have a csection if the baby is breech and its really not that true.. there is a mom in the home birth thread that just had her twin boys and they came out breech! Pretty incredible actually :) Im just saying dont just go with what the dr says simply because its coming from a dr...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->