• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Update:

Appointment seemed to go well today. Doc had a quick peek inside, and water has not broken yet and I'm not dilated; everything is intact. Baby's size is currently on par with what would be typical for 33 weeks instead of 36, but 18th percentile isn't truly alarming; he said that he would be much more alarmed if she were lower than 10th percentile. Baby's head is normal size, but body is ever so slightly smaller. The asymmetry is nothing to worry about and is measurable by mere centimeters, and it is temporary. She will eventually be perfectly proportional.

I go back on Friday for another ultrasound to test fluid levels. Doc said that baby's squirminess is the best indicator that she's doing great. He does not expect though that at this point that she will flip, even if I tried the non-scientifically proven cold compresses, loud music, etc. There just simply isn't enough fluid, and she would have already flipped by now. There is a slight chance she could still flip, but the doc seems pretty sure I'm having a c-section. It's just a matter of when; it'll be anytime between now and the next few weeks. Basically our bags are packed just in case Friday is the day. If fluid levels have decreased significantly, I get the c-section. If fluid levels are the same, we are waiting. My fluids will be monitored at least once a week, and growth will be checked in two weeks. They will compare fluid levels and determine when is the best time to schedule the c-section. We are probably looking at 39 weeks max (June 3rd).

Interesting fact is that placental aging is only a result in GD when the mom is on insulin. The fact that my placenta is not functioning optimally seems to be completely independent of that because I'm not on any medication for the GD.

Anyway... deep down, I always knew I was too posh to push :winkwink: :haha:

many women get told by drs that they HAVE to have a csection if the baby is breech and its really not that true.. there is a mom in the home birth thread that just had her twin boys and they came out breech! Pretty incredible actually :) Im just saying dont just go with what the dr says simply because its coming from a dr...

It's not simply that she's breech. I also have GD and the baby's fluids are quite low. Being that this is a pregnancy with complications, it would be, in my opinion, quite foolish to go against doctor's orders.

hahaha yea that makes sense.

AFM I had the funniest opposite reactions to my bump yesterday! we were at DH's family's house for dinner and his sisters boyfriend came in (we know him really well so it wasnt that insulting) and said "oh wow you ARE pregnant!!" and we last saw him about 2 months ago so I wasnt showing hardly at all. I laughed though and said "uhhhh thanks?" hahaha he immediately was all "oh no no no no no!!! I meant you look great!!" hahahaha NOT EVEN 10 minutes later DH's grandmother walks in and asked how far along I was I said 30 weeks and she looked all shocked saying "theres no way! youre so tiny!" :happydance: it made me laugh.
Hope all you ladies are enjoying the weather warming up like I am! Im actually not burning up yet WOO! but then again I say YET because I know its coming.. this one is due a day later than our DD was due hahaha Im afraid they might have the same birthday! Id be sad cause I want them to have their own special days... thats just me though :haha:
p.s. bump pic! 30 weeks today!!

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 0
Ah Kristin I'm away for a few days and it all happens!! Can't believe you could be meeting your little lady very soon, hope your fluuid levels don't drop though and she has a little longer to bake, seems you'll be meeting her early either way though! I'm so happy for you ( a bit jealous though lol!!)
AFM 37 weeks now and yesterday had lots of Braxton hicks and a few cramps...got all excited that something might be happening but no, nothing this morning! :growlmad: part of me wants him to bake as long as possible but a bigger part just wants him out now, getting so paranoid about things going wrong at the last minute that I just need him in my arms to know he is safe!
How is everyone else this morning?

Aw Kristin I am so sorry to read all of this :( Hopefully you are in good hands and your doctor will guide you through this! Please update us whenever you get to know something. Its not much time left, hopefuly all our LOs are here soon safe and sound.

I am 37 weeks as of today. Im so happy but my contractions are still here! They are so intense sometimes along with the cramping that I just want to cry, but nothing is happening! Like Naomi said a big part of me wants him here now. Although I would love for him to be in there and cook as long as he feels like I am starting to freak out. I am so so sorry to bring this up as probably Im the only one who is this paranoid but I read all these stories of women losing babies in the last minute and Im freaking out!

I dont know how to calm down and just accept whatever happens will happen but .. Yeah.. Sorry for bringing this up but its making me kinda depressed. I just want him here safe and healthy :(. Hopefully he decides to come soon.

Amina thats exactly how I'm feeling right now too, its part of the reason I'm not on here too much these days as I'm just winding myself up. I think it is completely normal to worry and unfortunately things like that do happen but my midwife has told me that it is very rare and if I am in any way worried just to ring...although if I rang every time I worried I'd be on the phone to them all the time lol!!!
Try not to worry too much hun

Thanks Naomi, I am sorry you feel the same way :(. Its exhausting, I worry all the time. My midwife told me the exact same thing but just like you I would just be calling her every two hours. I dont know if you are religious so I hope you dont get offended but I will be remembering you and your LO in my prayers.

One question, when you have these contractions do you feel a pressure down there along with them? I do and I hope its normal :/. Gaah I hope our boys decide to come soon! Otherwise this mama is going to drive herself nuts.

Lol I'm not even sure they are contractions!! BUt yeah sometimes they are painless and sometimes there is pressure across my bump and sometimes its down low. SOmetimes I think it might just be little man pushing around making me uncomfortable but I just don't know! Don't think I'll get excited until waters go or mucus plug comes away, but yes I think the pains are normal, its so hard isn't it that it is so different for everyone (well early labour certainly is) so there is no difinitive way of saying "yes its now starting" lol!
Thank you, I'm very touched and not offended at all!

:hugs: girls!

I feel you on the worrying front... I've had several people share stories with me about babies who didn't make it right at the end. :saywhat: seriously people... Why would you say these things to a pregnant woman?!? You will both be fine.... And your little ones will be in your arms safe and sound before you know it!

AFM... Been in bed with a migraine all morning. Had it since Tuesday night and sucked it up at work yesterday. It just kept getting worse though... And this morning I decided the best option was to stay home and rest. Though it is driving me :wacko:.

Naomi & Amina - you're officially full term!! How exciting!! Don't worry, you and your LO's will be just fine!

Beth - hope you're feeling better soon!

Kate - congrats on the birth of little Jennifer she's gorgeous hun :thumbup:

Amber - thats great news about your gtt results well done. That's a lovely bump you've got there

Kristen - glad your appointment went well yesterday good luck for your scan tomorrow

Had mw again today all is well baby is still measuring up two weeks ahead, is head down but hasn't moved into my pelvis yet so doesn't look in too much of a hurry to get here. oh ive also got spd and restless legs :roll:

Claire, glad to hear baby is well. Sorry you're a bit uncomfortable!

Thanks ladies, sooo uncomfortable now, hurry up little man I want my body back!!

Had ultrasound today, amniotic fluid level up from 6 cm to 7 cm. No c-section today. Yay! Next appointment Tuesday.

amii and naomi, i worried about this at the end too. not just because of what had previously happened to me but i think its just a natural thing to be worried about now you're nearly there. dont worry too much though, you will be fine!! not long to go now!

kristin, im glad you're level has gone up a bit now. thats good to hear you're little lady can cook a bit longer in there!!

Amber, i love your bump!! its very cute! cant believe you are 30 weeks!!!

Claire i hope the spd isn't too painful. just be assured it will disappear very soon!!

Beth hope you are better now! migranes are the worst!!

Christina how are you and nathan doing?

hope i havent missed anyone!!
seems ive missed loads since last week!!

wonder who the next watermelon will be...... i think amii :D

thanks kristin!
its my fav one at the minute :D

must get a family picture though....we dont seem to have one yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member