• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

hope you ladies are doing well! a friend of mine had to get a c-section last night at 32 weeks along. Shes been fighting contractions and pre-term labor since 24 weeks so it wasnt that big of a surprise that they have had the baby this early.. baby weighs 4lbs 2oz and is breathing on her own and everything! :happydance: please keep them in your thoughts and/or prayers if you think about it :)

Hi ladies! I feel like its been forever since Ive been on here and I've missed SOOO much! Kristen I'm glad to hear youre still baking away! Despite it all you've done so wonderfully with that lil lady, your gonna be a great momma! Amber that is just the cutest bump! I can't believe you're 30 weeks already! It's gone so fast (I know it probably feels like forever to you lol)
Ladies try not to worry about the end of the pregnancy too much. I know easier said than done! That's actually why once I hit third tri I didn't even come on here much )except our group) it's actually rather rare that these Terribe stories happen! Just focus on the preparations for the bubbas to come! Muchhhh more fun!!
Afm Nathan is growing like a weed. :) he will be 11 wks tomarrow! He's about 10 lbs now! This week we had to pack away his newborn size clothes :(
We're still working on getting a schedule and may have finally found a formula that works for him. (showing as a milk protein allergy:wacko:) but he's almost doubled in size so the docs happy and so I!
Hope everyone is doing well. Gonna try and get on here more but having a hard time finding the time with a needy lil one!

oh my goodness!!! 11 weeks already?!?! Hes so bigggg!! thats so sad when you start jumping up sizes in clothes! I always kept 1 little outfit from the age haha

Kristen hope you scan goes well today!
Just a little update from me, went for my 38 week midwife appt today and my blood pressure is up quite a bit for me and when it was rechecked it had gone up even more. Got swollen hands and feet and woken up with a headache last couple of days so they are concerned I may be developing pre eclampsia so have a hospital appointment at 5pm today to see whats what! Have been told to have my bags in the car as because of how far along I am depending on the results they may just induce me early (although that is a small chance) I'm not expecting this to happen, I think I'll now be in and out of hospital every other day having blood pressure checked!! Bit exciting though!

Amber - Hope your friend and her baby are doing well

Christina - So glad he's growing nicely! Hope the formula sits well with him.

Naomi - Yikes, hope it isn't pre eclampsia, but glad they are monitoring you closely.

afm I had my scan today, fluid holding steady at 7 cm, next scan is on Friday, and next week on Tuesday and Friday. If fluid stays the same, I will be having a c-section sometime the week of June 4th. They are calling me to book either today or tomorrow. If fluid levels drop significantly, then they'll bump up the c-section. Excited either way that the end is in sight!

wow Kristin!! I cant wait to see pictures of your lo! Im kindof jealous you only have 2 weeks!!
My friend and Her baby are doing great!! baby weighs 4lbs 2oz but is already breathing on her own! They were able to hold her less than 24 hours after birth which was awesome!!
afm- I was SOOOOOO nauseated today.. probably because my mother is a smoker and I havent been around it in such a long time but had lunch with her today and she smoked on the way there.. ugh... Oh my goodness, last night my lower back popped and it felt AMAZING. No joke it seriously was about 15 different pops all in my lower back.. I am pretty sure I gasped in excitement since my back has been hurting so bad lately.. now that its popped I feel AWESOME. anyone else feel like that?

Ok so new update!
Bloods showed some minor raised levels so had a stretch and sweep at lunchtime and if labour doesnt start on its on im being induced next thursday!! Got to go back to the hospital for repeat bloods on sat and wed to keep an eye on the levels but he will definitely be here soon !!! Cant believe it!

I have an official c-section date! June 5th! I got the paperwork in the mail this afternoon.

oh my goodness!!! new watermelons very soon!!! :happydance:

cant belive how many are coming so soon!!
it only seems like yesterdazy that it was my turn!!

Alfie is 8 weeks old today and just went to get him weighed.... he's now 10lb 14oz!! little whopper! he had his first lot of injections yesterday and only squaked once then went right back to sleep again! what a little trooper!!

hurry hurry new watermelons!! i wanna see the pictures :D

Ah what a grown up boy Alfie is! So brave and putting on weight nicely!
I was kind of hoping I would go into labour with the sweep yesterday but it hasn't worked, now a week feels like a lifetime away!! Still its so nice to have a date to work towards

ah i know how long the week wait can be!!
sounds kinda obvious but plan some stuff to do each day and it will soon come around!!
not that you wanna do much in this heat!! it was like this the day i had alfie. the hospital was so hot!!
im boiling right now and im not pregnant anymore lol

Yeah I'm super excited! There's a teeny tiny chance it could be before June 5th... I have 3 ultrasounds in between because of the close monitoring of my amniotic fluid - so June 5th is the absolute latest... maybe I'll be popping out the melon even before that??

I know ive puffed right up lol!
The nesting instinct kicked in this morning and got a busy weekend so hopefully wont drag too much!

oh wow how exciting can't wait to see the new watermelons :happydance:

My little one's still baking away nicely not showing any signs of wanting to come just yet

Hi! Popping by to let you lovely ladies know that I gave birth to a healthy baby boy May 23rd. I'm still at the hospital and still can't believe it. It all happened very fast and I was one day away from 38 weeks. Didnt expect that. He weighed 7.9 lbs and is happy and healthy. I'm having issues with breast feeding but I'm hoping we will get a grip of it soon. Birth story coming up when I come home and find some time.

Kristin good luck with your c section! I am sorry if I skipped someone, I will be back to check this thread again. Kisses and hugs from me and my little munchkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->