2012 Doomsday: What do you think?

A

AppleBlossom

I'm a bit obssessed with this if I'm honest. I did a lot of research a while back and wrote an article on it but I watched a documentary this morning while Grace was at school because I'm looking to do even more in-depth research (yes, I'm a total geek lol)

As it stands I personally believe that 21st December 2012 is of no significance. The world is as likely to end tomorrow as it is on that date. The fact the Mayan calendar "ends" on that day means nothing. We have a cyclical calendar that ends on 31st December every year. I don't think I can say for certain, nor can anyone, that anything will happen in 2012 but at the same time we can't say anything won't happen. We're at threat from a number of things, always have been and always will be, but I think all the far-fetched 2st December 2012 prophecies are a load of rubbish.

Just wondered what everyone else thought on this :)

i like conspiracy theories but this is one i just can't believe in even slightly.

Honestly? Just thinking about it scares the crap out of me and as people will start to talk about it more i'm sure i will feel more scared....

ooooo i love all this stuff appleblossom you should start a journal about it all...... i dont believe all that either but i do think something major will happen in the near future x

i dont know anything about it but i love reading about stuff like this its interesting

No I think it's a load of rubbish.

https://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

I can't vouch for this site or the contents of it, it's just something I googled.

I'll start one up if I get a chance. I think Hollywood have managed to terrify people about it. It's a load of crap! For every reason that "something" might happen there about a million other reasons to say why it wouldn't

I don't believe it. :thumbup:

People will always come up with dates when the "world" will end but no one will EVER truly know.
Just recently it was supposed to end on my 20th birthday on 10/21, but we're still here and I made it to 20. :haha:

Even though it does scare me, I don't beleive in it. I think it's just a date and an excuse for hollywood to make loads of money. I believe no one on this earth knows when the world will end, only God does and when he decides to end it we will know it's his doing, it could be tomorrow, next year or 50 years from now.
xxx

I can't say i believe in it exactly but i do have a 'feeling' something considerable will happen on that date or around it. Maybe a Tsunami or hurrican or something. Don't know why i think it but i can't seem to shake it off.

Then again if i had never heard anyone mention this date as an 'end of the world day' then i would just think of it as my nans 84th birthday!

See, I don't believe in God so I believe we're just at the mercy of nature. However there's bugger all in the 2012 prophecies. It's bad how many people genuinely believe it will happen :nope:

Weren't the world supposed to end this year too? And last year?

Why are some people obsessed with killing us off?

Not sure though because haven't these guys correctly predicted other things too?

this story is of course bullshit - and people who bother about such stuff should open their eyes and have a look at serious topics...

It was Harold Camping that keeps saying the world is going to end. I think he said it would happen in 1994 and it didn't. Then he said it was definitely going to end on 21st May 2011. And it didn't. Then he said "Oh I meant October 21st" and obviously, it didn't. I think he just wanted to try and make it into some religious thing, with the whole rapture and people being beamed up into Heaven nonsense, because they were being overshadowed by the apocalyptic theories of 2012 which had no religious significance and obviously religious people would like to think tha only God can end life on Earth (if that makes any sense) Poor Harold though, he's 94 (or 96... not young either way) so I think he's probably just lost his marbles a bit...

I dont think its the end of the world. However, I am seriously excited for 2012, I think a lot of changes will come into place, even small things like will Barrak be voted out?

I Think things are shifting spiritually, more and more people are reaching out to new branches in life - yoga, holistic therapy, crystals, Buddhism. More and more people are also understanding their gift.

I feel like people are using instinct more and also the general feeling of knowing changes, feeling changes but not actually knowing what. Sounds confusing lol but I think we are all as human generally changing and I think next year will be pretty cool. No end of world though, no massive judgement day but just more people feeling en-powered.

I am actually going to Peru in 2012 on a trek and I am sooooo bloody excited!

this story is of course bullshit - and people who bother about such stuff should open their eyes and have a look at serious topics...

I think that response is really rude.

You can quite easily say you thinks its rubbish and leave it at that rather than offend the majority of the people who have responded as they are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->