2012 TTC chat

:wave: just came back from the hospital n the results look good.the cysts hv shrunk alot,no new ones...am so happy.Am thinking of staying on the pill for 2 cycles without break so no AF in between.Am so happy :yipee:

Yay!! So happy for u. So the pill will shrink them and then in a few months you can come off them and try for baby?

It doesnt even sound like i need to wait many months,in one month the biggest one hs shrunk from 6cm to 2.9cm.sounds good!Am thinking of going straight to IVF..

Can you get pregnant without the IVF or do you just want to go ahead and try it?
I can get pg without IVF bt if we go au naturel,w'll be treating the cysts most of the time.I want to try it...

:wave: just came back from the hospital n the results look good.the cysts hv shrunk alot,no new ones...am so happy.Am thinking of staying on the pill for 2 cycles without break so no AF in between.Am so happy :yipee:

Yay!! So happy for u. So the pill will shrink them and then in a few months you can come off them and try for baby?

It doesnt even sound like i need to wait many months,in one month the biggest one hs shrunk from 6cm to 2.9cm.sounds good!Am thinking of going straight to IVF..

Can you get pregnant without the IVF or do you just want to go ahead and try it?
I can get pg without IVF bt if we go au naturel,w'll be treating the cysts most of the time.I want to try it...

Oh ok I see. That makes sense. My friend did it and got pregnant her first try!!

Oh ok I see. That makes sense. My friend did it and got pregnant her first try!!
Did she hve twins?I'd love to hv twins...bt am so scared of a disappointment..if it didnt work the 1st time..

Hello! You guys are always online when I'm not :D Mmleo that is so great the pill is working out for you, really great news how quickly the biggest cyst has shrunk :thumbup: So it'll be a couple of months on the pill and then straight onto IVF? Do you know much about the process, is it quite long? Do you get treatment for free where you are?

You sure about twins Mmleo?? That's another reason I'm nervous about clomid!! My friend didn't ovulate at all and she got twins from clomid. I do ovulate so wonder if that puts me at an even higher chance...eep :wacko:

Can't wait to hear from you Sunshine...rooting for you :hugs:

Hello! You guys are always online when I'm not :D Mmleo that is so great the pill is working out for you, really great news how quickly the biggest cyst has shrunk :thumbup: So it'll be a couple of months on the pill and then straight onto IVF? Do you know much about the process, is it quite long? Do you get treatment for free where you are?

You sure about twins Mmleo?? That's another reason I'm nervous about clomid!! My friend didn't ovulate at all and she got twins from clomid. I do ovulate so wonder if that puts me at an even higher chance...eep :wacko:

Am v sure abt twins!If God blesses me with twins that'll be it!I'll be done n happy!I still dont understand how clomid works when it thins the endometrium..?or is the thinning just a side effect?

Am v sure abt twins!If God blesses me with twins that'll be it!I'll be done n happy!I still dont understand how clomid works when it thins the endometrium..?or is the thinning just a side effect?

Hehe well hopefully you will get what you wish for :) I think it scares me because we don't live near family and all our friends have kids and/or jobs so would be very hard on me on my own when DH is at work. My friend has a friend or family member round every day to help!

Yeah, the thinning of the lining is a side-effect. The only point of clomid is to force your body to ov - I think it blocks receptors in your brain or something to make your body think it needs to produce more and more hormones, then you ov. I don't know why it thins your lining, must be something to do with blocking the signals. I was just reading up on it and apparently it doesn't affect everyone, but I guess you just don't know til you try it eh...

Did she hve twins?I'd love to hv twins...bt am so scared of a disappointment..if it didnt work the 1st time..

She is only having 1. It's a boy. Due Jan 12th!

Hehe well hopefully you will get what you wish for :) I think it scares me because we don't live near family and all our friends have kids and/or jobs so would be very hard on me on my own when DH is at work. My friend has a friend or family member round every day to help!

Yeah, the thinning of the lining is a side-effect. The only point of clomid is to force your body to ov - I think it blocks receptors in your brain or something to make your body think it needs to produce more and more hormones, then you ov. I don't know why it thins your lining, must be something to do with blocking the signals. I was just reading up on it and apparently it doesn't affect everyone, but I guess you just don't know til you try it eh...

Yeah I have heard the same thing. I wouldn't mind trying it, just scared of my lining getting too thin. And my dr never checks that :growlmad: so that makes me super nervous

It must be super hard to look after 2 infants at the same time.But that's not something i worry abt...will manage.I wonder how they decide how many embryos to place in a womb..i cant wait to hve my 1st appointment so i can ask all these Qs.,i guess am decided which way to go.

It must be super hard to look after 2 infants at the same time.But that's not something i worry abt...will manage.I wonder how they decide how many embryos to place in a womb..i cant wait to hve my 1st appointment so i can ask all these Qs.,i guess am decided which way to go.

When can you set up your first appt? I think they put 3 in my friend and only one survived. I am worried about having two in diapers. We bought our son a little potty he can use but so far he just plays with it haha. I figure we will manage somehow. I am not sure if we are financially stable enough but we will make it work somehow.

When can you set up your first appt? I think they put 3 in my friend and only one survived. I am worried about having two in diapers. We bought our son a little potty he can use but so far he just plays with it haha. I figure we will manage somehow. I am not sure if we are financially stable enough but we will make it work somehow.

probably soon after i've finished this cycle.Another 2-3wks.I think w'd be ok,living cost isnt expensive where we are,i work for myself so i can afford to be off-work whenever,plus i wanted onother baby when my son was 6-7months.i wonder how they decide how many.
smiler:the treatment isnt free here,nothing is free here,we were both surprised when our insuranse paid for the laparoscopy,wasnt expected.We pay for all our dr's appointments,medication etc.How abt u guys,do u get this treatments for free?
sunshine:the potty thing...mine at 18months.,no chance n it is crazy coz he was using it at 7 n 8months!somethings u cant rush lol

Bless! 18 months is fairly young isn't it? I don't really know...my niece is 2 and she still wears nappies but I don't know if they've started to try and potty train yet. Hopefully your son will get the hang of it in the nick of time Sunshine :) Don't worry about money - well try not to anyway! It will work out somehow, we've had plenty of scary times but always seem to pull through.

Mmleo it's kind of free here, but not. Our taxes go towards the national health service (NHS) so everyone has access to a doctor when they need it (though waiting lists are usually long!). Operations, blood tests, scans etc etc are free. The only thing you have to pay extra for sometimes are prescriptions but depends. Re fertility treatment I might have to pay the prescription charge for clomid, not sure. IVF on the NHS comes with pretty strict rules since the money for it comes out of the public purse like you have to be in a certain age range, no kids already etc. Some areas you're only allowed 1 shot, other areas you can have 3 attempts. Depends on your local authority and how they want to budget. Privately it is thousands so I hope we don't end up going that far as we def won't be able to afford it!!

Ok girls!!! Progesterone was 16.1 yay!! I really hope this is good news. It's been high before and resulted in no pregnancy so I am trying to not get my hopes up!

Ok girls!!! Progesterone was 16.1 yay!! I really hope this is good news. It's been high before and resulted in no pregnancy so I am trying to not get my hopes up!

That's a start!Let's get excited anyway...:happydance:.,that means u OV'd right?

That's a start!Let's get excited anyway...:happydance:.,that means u OV'd right?

Yes mam!!! That means I definitely did ovulate :wohoo:

Hope this brings a BFP along with it! We didn't do very good on our timing this month but hope it worked. We bd on days 10,13,14,16, and 17

Bless! 18 months is fairly young isn't it? I don't really know...my niece is 2 and she still wears nappies but I don't know if they've started to try and potty train yet. Hopefully your son will get the hang of it in the nick of time Sunshine :) Don't worry about money - well try not to anyway! It will work out somehow, we've had plenty of scary times but always seem to pull through.

Mmleo it's kind of free here, but not. Our taxes go towards the national health service (NHS) so everyone has access to a doctor when they need it (though waiting lists are usually long!). Operations, blood tests, scans etc etc are free. The only thing you have to pay extra for sometimes are prescriptions but depends. Re fertility treatment I might have to pay the prescription charge for clomid, not sure. IVF on the NHS comes with pretty strict rules since the money for it comes out of the public purse like you have to be in a certain age range, no kids already etc. Some areas you're only allowed 1 shot, other areas you can have 3 attempts. Depends on your local authority and how they want to budget. Privately it is thousands so I hope we don't end up going that far as we def won't be able to afford it!!

I used to wonder what NHS stands for.,it makes sens now.I remember being to the dr's a few times in the Uk n hving the scans n blood work b4 i conceived..n we spent £ hundreds,the equivalent pays for much more here ie;laparoscopy which we were told if we wanted to hv it in the uk it'd be £ thousands!U'll not end up going that far..had u used/taken any fertility treatments with ur pgs?

Yes mam!!! That means I definitely did ovulate :wohoo:

Hope this brings a BFP along with it! We didn't do very good on our timing this month but hope it worked. We bd on days 10,13,14,16, and 17

fingers xd for u sunshine.i hve to sleep now.All the best to all of u.,we chat tmoro x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->