2012 TTC chat

Oh, that makes sense about the PCOS. My friend has PCOS and I think she was fairly sickness-free with her daughter. Thank you Sunshine I hope so too! I just want the next 10 weeks to fly by so I am well past 12 weeks!!

Hmm ok :) I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping. I don't know if that is a pregnancy thing or is just my brain going into overdrive...my boobs are huge but they don't hurt. I get cramps most days too but they're not too bad and never last long. Really thirsty as well! But no sickness, and despite lack of sleep I'm not too tired. I'm only 4w4d so I expect everything else will start to kick in next week or the week after. Emotionally it has been a bit up and down though, I've been really excited but got quite tearful yesterday :cry: I don't know whether to tell my mum or not. I always said I wanted to wait til gone 12 weeks but last night I just really felt like I wanted to talk to her about it. So I don't know. DH doesn't mind if I tell her ahead of everyone else. We also talked about going for a private scan around 10 weeks if the hospital doesn't offer us one. I think it would make me feel better :)

How are you? All ready for Christmas? Are you going away or anything? We're going to be away 22nd - 30th Dec so I prob won't get to be on here for a while! x

Oh Smiler I know it will be hard to not worry about things until after the 12 week mark. I hope the holidays will keep you busy and maybe help you relax some :) How early can you get a scan? They do them here at 8 weeks. I pray this is a sticky bean for you!!!

We will be away from the 20th - 29th. We are going to my moms until Christmas Eve then we are heading to Arkansas. I will be so glad when the holidays are over. As much as I love them, I hate the traveling. I told my husband next year we are staying home haha... It is just too much sometimes with two little ones

Ha yeah I know what you mean...though the distances we travel are probably a lot less than you!! It is tiring though, and organizing the suitcases etc is just a pain. We think we'll have xmas at home next year too. Though my parents wouldn't be able to come, which means spending it with the in-laws, boo! Hahaha :)

Well I don't know if the NHS will offer me an early scan. The doctor mentioned it, but I had one last time at around 6-7 weeks and I lost the baby at 12 weeks anyway, so having one that early wouldn't make me feel any better. If I asked for one at 10 weeks I expect they'd tell me no, because you get your first scan at 12 weeks anyway. I think the hospital should be writing to me soon anyway so hopefully I'll find out.

The trip from my moms to Arkansas will be about 8 hours one way. It is a long drive :( I just finished getting the rest of my Christmas gifts shipped off. Now I have to start packing. It will take me all week just to get it all organized and packed!

Madison is being super fussy today. Not sure what is going on with her... Maybe teething? I hope the next few weeks fly by so you can get your scan and feel alittle better about things :) I know its hard not to worry

Oh wow 8 hours I won't complain about our 3 hour trip haha :) I started doing all our laundry today ready for the trip, it's bad enough just us two so must be madness for you!

My friend just told me she is pregnant, so weird I still feel a bit jealous even tho I am preg too! She must be 12 weeks and am just so nervous for us to get to that point I think I'm jealous she's there already. Roll on February, please please please let everything be ok!!!

Awww I completely understand about being jealous. When I was pregnant with Lane my best friend was about 32 weeks. I was 8 weeks. I started bleeding so bad and all I could think about is shes going to have this beautiful healthy baby and I am about to lose my baby. I really don't know how he made it here after all that bleeding but he did :) I really believe this is meant to happen for you and also keep in mind this time you had help with the fertility drugs which really increases egg quality :)

Thanks Sunshine :hugs: I keep trying to tell myself the chances should be better this time because of the clomid but I still worry. Turns out my friend is actually 20 weeks!! That made me even more jealous haha :wacko: I don't know how she kept it quiet that long, she says she waited to tell everyone til the 20 week scan but surely she must have had a bump! I don't live near them anymore so I don't know. I reckon everyone else knew and we were the last to know. I don't know why she waited so long, this is her first pregnancy so no history of mc or anything. But yeah I am worried we could have another loss just as she has hers and will be yet another time where I have to stick a smile on and pretend I am fine!

Wow, 20 weeks! I told everyone at 8 weeks. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Have you told your mom (mum) yet? I bet she is going to be so excited!

I emailed her earlier. We were going to wait til gone 12 weeks but it's too hard, with Christmas coming up and she knows I was on clomid, so if I turned up and refused wine she would work it out anyway! I swore we wouldn't because we told everyone really early with our other two. She will be happy the clomid worked, I think she was getting worried. But she will still worry about another mc nearly as much as me I think :)

No, my sister has 2 kids already so it's not quite as exciting for them as it would be for my inlaws if you see what I mean. My inlaws are not grandparents yet so I know if we tell them now they will just get too excited then take it hard if things go wrong again.

OH thats right now I remember. Ha! I forgot your sister had two kids. Silly me! We were in the exact same boat :) My sister had two kids already when I got pregnant with Lane but my in-laws had no grandkids at all. Lane was their first! My husband has two brothers. One is 31 and he is still single. Never been married... and one was 27 but he passed away in 2011 :(

Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear that about your brother in law. That's terrible. Do you mind me asking what happened?

Aw don't worry it's so hard to remember people's family situations :) I'm worried if we do have a baby then my in-laws will become suffocating! They used to stay with us for weeks at a time when we first moved in together and I hated it. I put up with it for 5 years but had to talk to DH. Now they only come for long weekends, but even by the Monday morning I am so ready for them to go. I think if a baby arrives then they will want to go back to staying with us for ages! They are lovely people but just can be a bit much!

I totally understand. Everyone needs their privacy :) Also after having a baby you really want your privacy haha! I was awful lol I just wanted everyone to leave and let me and my husband be with our baby. But you are just so exhausted and just want to hold your precious baby and be in peace. It is all a bit overwhelming at first. My brother in law died from an enlarged heart which led to a heart attack. They discovered this after the autopsy was complete but mother in law found him dead in his room. It really has been a tough thing for my husband. He has had a lot of ups and downs over the past year or so.

I knew my brother in law before I met my husband actually. I was friends with him about 3 years prior to dating my husband so I knew him well :(

Oh Sunshine, that is just tragic. I'm so sorry, what a terrible terrible shock that must have been for the whole family. I don't think you ever truly get over something like that, you just learn to live with it. It must be hard at this time of year too :hugs:

Well I guess you're off today so won't chat for a while. Have a safe trip and a merry Christmas xx

Merry Christmas to you!! I am at my Mom's about to head out for last minute Christmas shopping. Ha! This should be interesting with all the crowds! Hope you are feeling well and praying hard for you and your baby!!

Thank you Sunshine :hugs:

We delayed leaving as DH wasn't very well last night and couldn't face travelling this morning! Hope you got on ok at the shops, I popped out today just to grab a couple of bottles of wine (not for me obviously haha) and it took me an hour! Nightmare!

Merry Christmas hope you all have a great time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->