2014 holiday ideas

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
So next year DD will be 4, we are planning our first holiday out of the UK as a family..

Any recommendations? Can go anytime before September as that's when she will be starting fulltime school!

Thanks in advance!!

Alcudia is really good for families, Tenerife is pretty good and has good weather all year round. X

We 're looking at Cuba. It's working out the same price as going to Europe. We looking at May for half term + an extra week and it's around £3.5k for two adults and two children in a 4* All Inclusive for 2 weeks. It's cheaper if you go in term time.

It has been recommend to me by a few people.

France can be very convenient!

Places like Majorca, Tenerife and Lanzarote etc. are all favourites for families. You can't really go wrong with them!

We're going to Austria next year. Skiing isn't for everyone. I learned to ski at 3/4 but a lot of people wouldn't feel comfortable leaving such a young child ski. But at child friendly resorts they have kids clubs. But you might also want some sun too :haha:

Dubai in April/ May :) there is loads to do with kids, weather is nice in April you can still spend time on the beach & there are lots of activities for adults & kids in the city. It's very clean & safe.

I love it here there is always something new, we're never bored.

I dont like resort vacations, we all get bored, we prefer places with city life , we go to resorts here but only for 2-3 nights.

We went to Thailand this year & spent 5 nights in a resort in coconut island, it was nice & different, but it was a bit boring as the city was 1 hr away & it was exhausting. We used boats to reach the island which is 20-30 mins ride, then we needed another hr to reach the Pukhet city, there were no minimarkets close by other than the one at the resort. We had a private beach & pool, but it was too quiet for us.

I've stayed in various places since having LO's and found Portugal to be really family friendly.

It depends on your budget. Budget holidays I'd recommend either France or Gran Canaria.

If it's not budget I'd do the US or Thailand.

Hotel Bonaire, Majorca. 4* all inclusive and great for kids.

It depends on what you are looking for tbh.
Do you know what date your lo starts school? The year that my son started school we went away and because he didn't start until 12th Sept we managed to book a holiday outside of the school holidays so it was cheaper.

How well does your lo cope with heat? We've just booked two weeks right at the end of Aug-were going to Rhodes, half board and it's costing £1800 for the 4 of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->