• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 January Rainbows

I'm here I'm here I'm here!!!
No real news. Had mw appt today, everything is fine- he's not back to back anymore...hope he stays that way! Finished my birth plan- young I'm a crazy researcher at the moment too- labour signs and baby positions and belly mapping!!!
Remember in the beginning when every time we went tony he toilet we panicked about seeing discharge or blood? I've started to over examine everything again- any spotting/discharge- have I peed a bit or are my waters leaking!! I'm going CRAZY!!
We should set up a new thread in the parenting section when we've had our babies so we can stay in touch and moan and worry about all the new things!!!

Rachel- I TOTALLY agree!! Brilliant idea! and yes, now when I go to the bathroom, I'm hoping to see a tinge of pink and I don't want to be in the shower too long anymore because I am afraid it'll break and because of all the water I somehow won't know it broke. I know, I know, I sound mad..but honestly! I am just so anxious, excited, impatient and hopelessly scared all at once!! Can't wait! You somehow have to let us know if you go into labor, rachel..I know B&B will be the last thing on your mind..but I'm going to REALLY try! lol

I'll definitely post here when I go into labour! Hope you all do too!!

HI Ladies! I can't wait for one of you to go into labour!! I really wanted to post while I was in the hospital…I couldn't access BNB from my phone :( I was thinking of you ladies though!

Emmett is doing really well. He's breast feeding like a champ but I still have to pump and top him up with either formula or breast milk (if I have it) because he was early. My nipples are screaming, haha, sorry TMI. He had his check up today and his jaundice is getting much better. I'm feeling good, healing is going well.

I heard from my doc today that apparently if you are GBS positive you have a higher chance of your water breaking early?? I had no clue. My water broke first with this pregnancy and my son (I was GBS positive last time)…my results weren't back in time this time but she was assuming that maybe I was positive again.

Anyway! Hope everyone is doing well with their little ones/hanging in there! I was SO ready to be done with pregnancy so I can only imagine how you guys are feeling.

Sounds like things are going well Megan :) more pictures please!!
I'm GBS positive. Really hope my waters don't go early. I want a January baby- mostly because the school year goes jan-dec in Norway so if we move back he'll either be the youngest or oldest in class. BUT, if he comes now, he comes now!! It's pretty nerve wracking!

Young and Emmy- hope your last week of work is going ok. Maternity leave is a dream!!

Update: Went to my OB appointment. She measured my belly and said that I am small. She checked the measurements from last week and I am even smaller than i was last week. She seemed slightly concerned but told me not to lose sleep over it. I have a sonogram Friday morning to check the amniotic fluid, the cord, she size and movements in general. FRIDAY SEEMS SO FAR AWAY AFTER NEWS LIKE THAT!! I just have to pay REALLY close attention to her kick counts until then. I feel like i'm back in the first trimester worried about everything.... staying calm though..She and I will make it through this together :D

Young- try not to stress to much (though I know you will) bump size often goes down a bit as baby drops. Mine was 36cm for 3 weeks but baby was growing fine and scan shows 90th centile!! Really good you're having a scan though. If she's moving normally then she's happy and getting enough blood supply, but definitely call someone if you're at all worried xxx

Thank you Rachel. I was worried last night some. But her heart rate was normal, she moving normally..I'm going on with my days as if she didn't say anything..(or trying to at least). Stress will only make matters worse :) Hope you get the due date you are hoping for. He will come when he comes, but being the youngest in school can be difficult... so FX'd!! Either way, he will be perfect!

Young try not to worry! Fundal height isn't always very accurate, I am sure she is fine xx

Rachel I CAN'T wait to join you on maternity leave!! 2 more days

Hi ladies :wave: sorry I've been MIA been a bit busy, Ivan came home yest so we've been busy getting used to being home

Young hope the u/s shows that she's growing and doing just fine hugs as I know your stressed

Hope you ladies that are going on maternity enjoy it

Lucy- that's so great that Ivan is home, I'm so happy for you all. How has it been?
38 weeks today :)

Rachel- Congrats on 38 weeks!!

Emmy- Only one more day and we are on leave!!!

Lucy- Thank you for he well wishes! So glad that Ivan is home. I am sure having a new little man in the house takes some adjusting! :D

Happy new weeks ladies :)

It's def an adjustment but love bring a mommy still strange tho he is tiny
We had been doing good on the bf but can't get a pump until next Friday and the one my boss is giving me the lady that had it keeps forgetting to return the power cord which i need Ivan refuses the boob now and I've tried hand expressing but seems my milk us drying up :( so we're doing formula

Hope you're all doing great!

36w4d today. Had an OB appt, still measuring 2 weeks ahead. The ultrasound from 34 weeks had Quinn at 6.38 pounds! 95% percentile! I'm having a big baby and it scares the crap outta me!

Lyndzo remember those are just estimates, tho it is scary to think about it.

FINALLY got the power cord for the breast pump and taking a supplement to get a better supply of milk, although he doesn't like the boob I'm going to keep trying, I really want to be successful FX for a better milk supply

Keep trying Lucy. The more you use the breast the better your supply will be. Fingers crossed for you.
Lyndzo- try not to worry. These measurements are always off. Mine keep going from 90th to 70th and back again (on scan) so things change and aren't accurate. If Quinn is big in sure you'll do a fab job of pushing her out anyway!!
Lucky for me-being 6ft tall and not 'petite' I'm not too worried if he's huge!!
Young- hope the scan goes ok today and happy last day at work- Emmy too :)
Megan and Heidi- hope things are going well with your little ones xxx

Rachel thanks I'm trying but have noticed less and less milk, I guess I gotta make a trip to the store to get some formula just in case

Thank you Rachel!

Fingers crossed for you Lucy! I really hope that things start looking up in the BF department for you! Like Rachel said, just keep trying!

Lyndzo- I agree to try not to worry about the measurements. A friend of mine was told her baby was about 9lbs at 40 weeks..at 40w1d he was born and only weighed 7lb5oz...so just take a breath. And even if Quinn is large, you'll do great! :D

Emmy- LAST DAY OF WORK!!! YAY! :happydance:

Hello all you other gorgeous ladies out there :hi:

AFM- had my ultrasound this morning. Went a little differently than I expected. A man was doing it for me and had a very thick accent. Unfortunately, DH wasn't with me due to the short notice and not being able to take off of work. I mention that because the forst thing he asked was, "How tall is the father of this baby?" "umm..about 6'4"-6'5"." "Ah..I believe she will be taking after dad..she's all legs in there!" HAHA wonderful..explains why I can't belly map her properly! lol

I asked him a couple of questions throughout the exam and he just kept responding with "I will give you answers at the end.." WELL FINE!

So at the end, he said that she is measuring about 36w5d but that is just an average. She seems to be weighing about 6lb5oz. He head is a little small, but nothing to worry about and her femur is very large compared to the rest of her little body.....seems I am carrying around a disporportionate munchkin in there! :haha: He still said that I could go into labor anyday and to keep my next appointment with the doctor on monday...I still feel like I misunderstood some of the things that he said, so on Monday I am going to ask my doctor if there are any notes in my files from the ultrasound and see if she can explain them to me.

I'm ready to get this show on the road!! :D fx'd she comes soon.. (but when she is ready) ;)

Congrats on having Ivan home Lucy! Keep trying with the bf, I hope you get more success xx

Young glad your scan went well, it sounds like she is so tall she has slowed down on the growing to make room for all those legs!

Lyndzo I think having a lovey chubby baby is great :thumbup:

And finally woooooohhhoooooooooo!!! I made it! I didn't think I ever would but I made it till the end of the week! Christmas holidays and maternity leave!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm switching off my 6am alarm for a whole year! And replacing it with a baby lol

Congrats young too on maternity leave!

And hope everyone is doing well :flower:

Yay Emmy!!! :)
Young- glad the scan went ok, though it's frustrating you didn't get a clear picture of what's going on. My baby is disproportionate too but opposite to u. Shortish legs and big head/body. The consultant said not to worry and it didn't really mean anything as long as all the measurements were within normal range. Hope your doctor can explain it a bit better.
I've been having a bit of anxiety/nerves today. Can't help starting to worry that something might go wrong. I know it's because I'm so close to having him here. I feel like it's the early days all over again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->